Champions & Europa League 18/19

David

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Please tell me we’re PSG robbed then 

I think the PSG handball is debatable, but probably was handball. But it's a completely different circumstance. 

If his arm is not there, the shot continues on target. It wasn't tucked in. 

It was unlucky, for sure, but probably a penalty to most refs.

But as I say. ENTIRELY different to the Spurs goal.

The margins being used by VAR on deciding, what part of the attacking player's body is nearer to the goal than the defender, is ridicules. Needs to be more clear cut to when a player is or isn't off-side.

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Who cares. 

Next season that is handball with VAR given the right angle picture 

As I say I don’t like VAR 

Ruins the game IMO 

Sorry Curtains, you're talking out your 'arris.  No way was that intentional.  Are you telling me Llorente in the 100th of a second it took for the ball to clear Kompany's head that he thought "If I adjust the trajectory of my elbow a further 30mm it will change the fight of the ball by 10 degrees and deflect it on to the top of my thigh, and from there into the goal.  Admittedly some of the balls lateral force will be reduced by such a deviation from it's current path, but it should be enough to carry it in"???

If anything the shot from behind the goal shows his arm moving away from the ball, further into the side of his body.

Also, if that's a handball, then surely if the ball doesn't connect with him at all, a penalty would've been given against Lapotre, considering both of his hands were raised and would've touched the ball if it hadn't have hit Llorente's thigh...

19 hours ago, David said:

Well I’m glad Curtains isn’t a ref otherwise it would be curtains for football. You would be required to amputate your arms to play the game, don’t see many players being up for that.

FB90E4A5-30EF-429F-BF39-3A5FCD02ED86.jpeg

Would reduce the number of elbows in the face offences at a stroke!

Except of course you wouldn't be able to stroke, what with not having arms.....?

Has Curtains gone off the rails again?

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Would reduce the number of elbows in the face offences at a stroke!

Except of course you wouldn't be able to stroke, what with not having arms.....?

Has Curtains gone off the rails again?

Throw ins would be interesting. 

• 2 weeks later...
Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The player who was offside wasn’t Van de Beek the goal scorer and wasn’t active

Fair goal for me. 

I know that is the rule

I just can't accept any player in such an advanced position is not intefering with play.

Archived