Champions & Europa League 18/19

David

4 minutes ago, David said:

Well I’m glad Curtains isn’t a ref otherwise it would be curtains for football. You would be required to amputate your arms to play the game, don’t see many players being up for that.

Did you see the Man U vs PSG game

Same thing applied different scenario  

Ball to hand or hand to ball 

That’s why the rule is changing 

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Srg said:

How can you even begin to argue that he meant to hit that with his arm?

This is on the FA's website:

Yes there was distance, could still potentially argue unexpected due to coming over players, but point one and three are certainly the case.

Honestly think it should have been disallowed.

Watch the City player appeal straight away. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Who cares. 

Next season that is handball with VAR given the right angle picture 

As I say I don’t like VAR 

Ruins the game IMO 

No ref would give that as handball even if the VAR ref thought it was.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Who cares. 

Next season that is handball with VAR given the right angle picture 

As I say I don’t like VAR 

Ruins the game IMO 

VAR isn't a problem if used correctly. In my opinion, if the off field team can't reach a decision within 30 seconds of reviewing the decision then it isn't "clear and obvious", so the ref's original decision stands.

16 minutes ago, Srg said:

How can you even begin to argue that he meant to hit that with his arm?

This is on the FA's website:

Yes there was distance, could still potentially argue unexpected due to coming over players, but point one and three are certainly the case.

this is why VAR can't be perfect, you could put 100 people in a room and you will find one that has an explainable view contrary to everybody else.  @Curtainsis likely to be the 1 in 100.  possibly an even smaller fraction

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Next years rules say different 

Disagree. An accidental handball will only be given if the ball goes straight from the impact with the hand/arm into the goal, or control of the ball is gained from the contact and a goal/goalscoring opportunity is created.

It did not go straight into the goal after hitting his hand, nor did he gain control of the ball after it hit his hand. 

The biggest factor refs will look at: Would the same thing have occured if the ball had not hit the hand or arm?

If the ball had not hit his hand, it still would have hit his hip and gone in. Ergo, still a goal.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

VAR isn't a problem if used correctly. In my opinion, if the off field team can't reach a decision within 30 seconds of reviewing the decision then it isn't "clear and obvious", so the ref's original decision stands.

So how long for City’s 5 th did it take. 

Over 30 seconds!

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

this is why VAR can't be perfect, you could put 100 people in a room and you will find one that has an explainable view contrary to everybody else.  @Curtainsis likely to be the 1 in 100.  possibly an even smaller fraction

Curtains is one in a million that’s for sure ?

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Disagree. An accidental handball will only be given if the ball goes straight from the impact with the hand/arm into the goal, or control of the ball is gained from the contact and a goal/goalscoring opportunity is created.

It did not go straight into the goal after hitting his hand, nor did he gain control of the ball after it hit his hand. 

The biggest factor refs will look at: Would the same thing have occured if the ball had not hit the hand or arm?

If the ball had not hit his hand, it still would have hit his hip and gone in. Ergo, still a goal.

Please tell me were PSG robbed then !

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Think you will find in the future Football will be worse with VAR apart from goal line technology 

Archived