Champions & Europa League 18/19

David

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Great time to make that point after it just correctly ruled out an offside goal.

But got the Lorente hand ball wrong 

What’s this ruling about 1st and 2 nd phase offsides they apply differently for VAR 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

What’s this ruling about 1st and 2 nd phase offsides they apply differently for VAR 

The ball came off his hip, so how was it wrong?

14 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Got it absolutely right 

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He must have an iron hand then to deflect the ball at such pace.

Forearm mate against his body. 

Pep Guardiola post-match

Yeh. Five goals in 20 minutes is not normal. Yeh, we score, VAR made the rest.

The inches was the handball. That was inches. It was offside, it was cruel, in this moment when it's not legal goal OK. We screw up so it is what it is.

Maybe when the referee sees the image it is not the case from another angle.

For the corners and set pieces they are taller and have incredible takers, unfortunately we are just not at that stage.

Yeh. It's gone. We still have a lot of games in the league and the FA Cup final. Now is tough, tomorrow will be tough but we can fight for the Premier League.

14 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’ve no particular favour for either team. 

Good luck to Spurs .

Still not sure I like VAR though. 

Being married to a Spurs fan, I'm a convert to VAR!

I'm thinking he was undecided on Llorentes goal, but the chance of Reverendo El Diablo sinking his nuts influenced his decision!

Now I just have to wait for the sedative to take hold.

31 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Would like to see that cos none of the angles I’ve seen seem to show that at all!

I think it probably scraped him arm before hitting hip/thigh and going in.

This doesn't mean it's handball though. It's not cricket and we are not looking for an snick of the bat to see whether it was caught behind.

As for Aguero, he was clearly off so the decision was rightly reversed. I thought the Bryson offside vs Southampton should not have been disallowed though, even though it was offside. VAR is supposed to be correcting obvious errors, not scrutinising every tight decision. The Rose handball in the first match should not be a penalty.

Someone needs to sort the rules out. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Why lucky with their third?

Did Llorente intend to arm/hip it in? He literally has no control over where that ball is going. 

Fortunate IMO. 

I don’t think it was handball if that’s what you thought. 

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I think it probably scraped him arm before hitting hip/thigh and going in.

This doesn't mean it's handball though. It's not cricket and we are not looking for an snick of the bat to see whether it was caught behind.

Totally agree.  If there was a nick, no way it was intentional, and no way it influenced the flight of the ball etc.  No advantage was made whatsoever, imo.

The ref saw at least two angles, on his split screen, from what we could see on our screens at the time.

Good call, I'd say.

Archived