Champions & Europa League 18/19

David

Never a penalty in a million years. If that penalty was given against us we’d be livid and rightly so. What does the referee expect defenders to do? Chop their arms off? That’s an example of a referee never playing football ever at any level. You can’t possibly move your arms when the ball is moving 70 mph. His arm wasn’t exactly in an unnatural position.  But the thing is I knew that penalty would be given as soon as it went to VAR because it’s Man Utd.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/02/2019 at 20:38, Norman said:

ducking shocking VAR decision against Man City.

Otamendi moves his arm away from the ball. Classed as deliberate. Diabolical.

Same thing happened to psg tonight. Is there a theme here that uefa want the plastics clubs out as soon as possible to keep the status quo?

I moved to Derby from the north west in 1996. I genuinely believe you should support your home town team. I am a Ram. 

I grew up going to old Trafford in the70’s and 80’s with my grandad so will always have some manure in my blood. .. Ole, who put the ball in the Germans net, you are my ☀️. French toast for breakfast. Delicious. 

4 hours ago, McLovin said:

Never a penalty in a million years. If that penalty was given against us we’d be livid and rightly so. What does the referee expect defenders to do? Chop their arms off? That’s an example of a referee never playing football ever at any level. You can’t possibly move your arms when the ball is moving 70 mph. His arm wasn’t exactly in an unnatural position.  But the thing is I knew that penalty would be given as soon as it went to VAR because it’s Man Utd.

He probably expects them to not turn their back on the ball like a schoolboy while his arm is a good distance away from his body. Doing both of those while you're in the box trying to block a shot is always running the risk of a pen nowadays, especially in competitions with VAR.

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Incredible by man united that is, given the quality of PSG’s team. Normally wouldn’t be pleased to see them do well but I really like ole, seems like a proper nice bloke and I’d like him to do well. Almost a given for the permanent job now

He'll be gone by Christmas ?

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

I disagree. If he'd faced the ball, and jumped up with his arm 40 degrees away from his torso, it's a pen, so why isn't it just cos he's got his back turned? If it was from a cross on the wing and his arm was that angle in any direction from his torso you'd expect a penalty.

I heard them say that attempts to make yourself bigger will be punished.

13 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I disagree. If he'd faced the ball, and jumped up with his arm 40 degrees away from his torso, it's a pen, so why isn't it just cos he's got his back turned? If it was from a cross on the wing and his arm was that angle in any direction from his torso you'd expect a penalty.

It's the threat that forced Andy Reid into retirement.

14 minutes ago, Moist One said:

The very act of 'making yourself bigger' is a deliberate attempt to block the ball. Ergo, it's deliberate handball.

What the referee had to decide was whether that was the intent. He clearly decided it was and gave the penalty.

Pretty straightforward really.

I wonder what goes through the handballer's mind as the ref is watching his telly.

13 hours ago, McLovin said:

Penalty all day long for me. What level of football have you played at that makes you think it wasn’t out of interest ?

15 hours ago, McLovin said:

The decision to block with the arm is not taken in the moment between the player shooting and the defender jumping. It's made in training. Players learn to jump in a certain way (just as they learn to 'fall' in a certain way) - to make it look natural but in fact to make themselves bigger in order to block the ball. They have no intention of getting his arm out of the way, just to make it look like it needs to be there. Therefore, the intent is there. Therefore it's deliberate.

Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos had a heated argument with club president Florentino Perez after Tuesday's 4-1 loss to Ajax, according to multiple reports in Spain. 

The duo allegedly clashed in the team's dressing room after the defeat - which knocked holders Real out of the Champions League, 5-3 on aggregate.

Newspapers AS, Marca, El Pais and ABC reported the apparent face-off, saying Perez threatened to sack Ramos in front of the whole squad.

Full story https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11835/11657996/real-madrids-sergio-ramos-threatened-with-sack-by-club-president-say-spanish-reports

?

10 hours ago, David said:

Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos had a heated argument with club president Florentino Perez after Tuesday's 4-1 loss to Ajax, according to multiple reports in Spain. 

The duo allegedly clashed in the team's dressing room after the defeat - which knocked holders Real out of the Champions League, 5-3 on aggregate.

Newspapers AS, Marca, El Pais and ABC reported the apparent face-off, saying Perez threatened to sack Ramos in front of the whole squad.

Full story https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11835/11657996/real-madrids-sergio-ramos-threatened-with-sack-by-club-president-say-spanish-reports

?

He's been watching Mel!

• 1 month later...

Archived