League & FA Cup 18/19

Boycie

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of summers ago, I told my uncle that Huddersfield would be the team to watch that season. They had enjoyed nearly had a full season of being managed by a promising young coach in David Wagner, and the team had shown signs of progress, both in style of play and results. They just seemed to need a few more players to give them that extra bit of quality. Turned out I was right, as they finished the season by winning the Play Off Final.

A few days ago, I sent a text to the same Uncle saying that I reckon Swansea will be the next Huddersfield. They've got a really exciting young manager, are playing some decent football and seemed to have stabilised this season, ready for more of a push next term. As long as they don't destroy their squad this summer (which they might well do judging by some of their recent transfer activity), I reckon they could be next season's dark horses.

Just now, HantsRam said:

Wolves have given manure a bit of a runaround and could be dark horses. 

Wolves are class within 2 seasons gone from a average championship team to a class team so organised and amazing football. Fair play to them 

42 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Wolves are class within 2 seasons gone from a average championship team to a class team so organised and amazing football. Fair play to them 

Yes I envy Wolves, they succeeded in what we tried to do in 15/16, splashing the cash and buying their way up. It shows that with the right manager and cash huge progress can be made in modern football in a very short period. Nuno is the best manager in the Prem. Hats off, makes me still dream. 

8 hours ago, Remy the hare said:

Yes I envy Wolves, they succeeded in what we tried to do in 15/16, splashing the cash and buying their way up. It shows that with the right manager and cash huge progress can be made in modern football in a very short period. Nuno is the best manager in the Prem. Hats off, makes me still dream. 

The right super agent in your back pocket is also very handy. 

One could argue without him, Wolves would still be in the Championship even with Nuno.

7 hours ago, David said:

One could argue without him, Wolves would still be in the Championship even with Nuno.

They haven't tried to hide the super agent connection and have been investigated numerous times. Other Championship clubs should learn from them. Frank Lampards connections are a great example of finding an edge. 

8 hours ago, David said:

Com’on applaud their rise ?

You can splash the cash but as Villa, Stoke and even we know it doesn’t work with the wrong person in charge. 

Would you criticise / moan if it was us who had access to a super agent? Oh we had one.....Sam Rush ?

You sound slightly envious ? sour grapes?

13 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

You can splash the cash but as Villa, Stoke and even we know it doesn’t work with the wrong person in charge. 

Would you criticise / moan if it was us who had access to a super agent? Oh we had one.....Sam Rush ?

Not sure how I sound envious, just pointing out they had a helping hand from an agent. A hand which was a key part.

33 minutes ago, Gurru991 said:

They haven't tried to hide the super agent connection and have been investigated numerous times. Other Championship clubs should learn from them. Frank Lampards connections are a great example of finding an edge. 

Never said they have, or that they have broken the rules. Just that it gave them a helping hand to be where they are today.

41 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

He didn't criticise, nor does he sound "envious" in the slightest. Their super agent allowed them to buy players on the cheap that should have cost much more. However the same agent then tried to help Forest and look where that has got them so far. Wolves just seem to be a very well run club in all departments at the moment and it has allowed everything to come together to achieve promotion and then be more than competitive in the Prem. Wish we could do the same.

Archived