League & FA Cup 18/19

Boycie

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of talk of pundits and switching off while they're chatting. I've just walked in, missed the first half of WBA v Brighton but caught the half time chat.

Brilliant conversation between the bloke hosting, Jason Roberts and Liam Rosenior about opportunities being opened up for BAME managers and coaches. It's the best 2 minute conversation I've heard, both Roberts and Rosenior putting the point put across clearly and eloquently.

Liam Rosenior impresses me more every time I listen to him and I've really got everything crossed that he gets a chance and soon, to manage a club. I really hope he has the ability to put his football views across to players as well as he does as a pundit. In other words, I hope he doesn't do a Gary Neville and Thierry Henry and bomb in his first role.

I love his passion and think he would add a huge amount to the game.

Good open game so far. There should be more football available on terrestrial TV as well. Viewing figures are always MUCH higher than when games are on Sky or BT.

Got to hand it to Brighton's Kayal. Played 80 mins so far, had loads of the ball, probably has around 85-90% pass completion and has not done a single thing of any use. I bet he thinks he sat there looking pretty and been some deep playmaker. Little bottle job. 

25 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Brighton it is then.

Deserved on the second half performance.

Kyle Bartley doing what Kyle Bartley does best and I'm not talking about his goal.

The 14 for Brighton has got out of jail. I've not seen  soft defending like that since the time I played for AC Italia reserves and Fonzarelli  walked off the pitch at a corner, 'cos Massimo told him his hair was a mess. 

11 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Good open game so far. There should be more football available on terrestrial TV as well. Viewing figures are always MUCH higher than when games are on Sky or BT.

My sister loves football but can't afford satellite. She watches MOTD but it's just snippets really so she loves the FA Cup as she gets to watch a live match on tv. 

They are quite rare on terrestrial tv - just the FA Cup and internationals these days.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Swansea vs Brighton- doh 

I always do that, and hate myself for it. Whoever knocked us out, I always follow their fixtures, and think 'we could have gone all the way, if that was us'. And if they end up winning the whole thing, then at least I console myself by thinking, had the draw been different, we might have met them in the final and lost - clearly Brighton were the only team in the whole tournament capable of beating us, we were just unlucky enough to meet them in the 5th round, and not at Wembley.

Archived