League & FA Cup 18/19

Boycie

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Not condoning racist chanting but this whole "family club" is overrated. I wish pride park was a nasty hostile stadium for teams to come to, with plenty of booing and abusive chanting towards opposition players (No racism though)

I lived through those days, and it was nasty. I'm sad that such behaviour is making a comeback, both within football and in society overall.

50 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Out of interest, do you feel like the FA Cup is losing its integrity and that clubs should play their strongest sides? Or would you prefer them to lose to lower-ranked teams as a result of playing a weakened side? I personally think there's a balance to be had somewhere. I want us to play something close to our strongest team no matter who we play, although I'd consider resting players if they really do need it, or use it as an opportunity to give one or two youngsters a game.

What I don't like is when people say we'd be better off out of the cup. Whilst that may technically be true in terms of the league, this season has shown that there is more to football than the league campaign. United, Chelsea and Accrington away have all been great experiences this season and all of them were cup games. 

The FA Cup has lost its integrity, mainly due to continental managers comi g in and not respecting the competition. That and TV mucking up everything.. What pee’s me off is everyone in the game says how important the cup is, then the first thing they do is disrespect it.. TV likes to talk it up, then do the exact same thing.. 

IF any club, no matter what league they are in, pick s a chump 11. They deserve to go out, that includes us..

Ive had more arguments than I care to remember with people who say, ‘we’re better off out of the cup’ than anything else. It’s not technically true in terms of the league.. That’s rubbish. 

Watford, Bournemouth, Burnley all seem to think the cup is irrelevant.. I just don’t understand it. 

21 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Not condoning racist chanting but this whole "family club" is overrated. I wish pride park was a nasty hostile stadium for teams to come to, with plenty of booing and abusive chanting towards opposition players (No racism though)

Maybe on the basic level aggressive/intimidating atmospheres and chanting doesn't seem to cause any actual harm, but when you create a hostile environment it acts a catalyst for moronic violent behaviour as seen at Millwall yesterday with the stabbing and fights. You can see how such hostility has permeated their entire club to the point where a large group of them at Millwall will openly sing using the P word and not be phased. If any of the footage that came from around the Den yesterday had been at Derby we would've been embarrassed beyond belief. 

For what its worth, as there is video evidence of a large portion of Millwall fans singing "I'd rather be a P*** than a scouse", i think the FA should kick them out the competition straight away. If nothing serious happens it will just carry on. 

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Proper scum.

Hopefully they will identify the perpetrators and ban them. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

From what I've seen there's some kid shouting eff off you black cnuts.

I'd be so proud if mine did that. 

"I'd rather be a p*k* than a Scouse". Is that one out of The Lion King?

1 hour ago, rynny said:

My eyesight must be going, i looked at that and thought whats the Fonz going to be able to do about it?

421-800x800.jpg

5 minutes ago, MK said:

Looking like spurs could be on their way out of the cup too. The door is definitely open for a club outside of the top 6 to make the final. Not saying it'll be us ........but could it be us?

Early yet but looking like a disaster week for spurs

Oh well.

Hate var in selected games. Not fair that Wednesday denied a penalty although correct when Millwall got through with a goal that would have been ruled out.

They need to show it on screens in the stadium. Both looked like penalties at first glance and now to the Wednesday fans it looks like biased towards Chelsea 

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Hate var in selected games. Not fair that Wednesday denied a penalty although correct when Millwall got through with a goal that would have been ruled out.

They need to show it on screens in the stadium. Both looked like penalties at first glance and now to the Wednesday fans it looks like biased towards Chelsea 

It probably should be used in all games or none but I don't get this that it was unfair on Wednesday because it wasn't used at Millwall. What happened at Millwall has nothing at all to do with either Chelsea or Wednesday.

Also, maybe it's because I'm not emotionally involved in this game but was the time taken to reach a decision much less than in our game? Maybe it's because they were penalty decisions rather than goals but it didn't too long a wait to me.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It probably should be used in all games or none but I don't get this that it was unfair on Wednesday because it wasn't used at Millwall. What happened at Millwall has nothing at all to do with either Chelsea or Wednesday.

Also, maybe it's because I'm not emotionally involved in this game but was the time taken to reach a decision much less than in our game? Maybe it's because they were penalty decisions rather than goals but it didn't too long a wait to me.

For me the same rules should apply for all teams playing in the competition.

Surely the ref got it wrong anyway, if it wasn't a penalty to Wednesday why didnt they get a corner?  Why a drop kick? Farce. 

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

For me the same rules should apply for all teams playing in the competition.

Surely the ref got it wrong anyway, if it wasn't a penalty to Wednesday why didnt they get a corner?  Why a drop kick? Farce. 

You could argue it was actually a foul by the Sheff Weds player, just because Ampadu got the ball doesn't automatically mean it should have been a corner. 

Just now, Matt H said:

You could argue it was actually a foul by the Sheff Weds player, just because Ampadu got the ball doesn't automatically mean it should be a corner, so a drop ball it is.

Don't agree with that. Apparently its the rule a drop ball applies. Another reason var needs work imo.

Archived