League & FA Cup 18/19

Boycie

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Excellent match of football this. United seem to have that Fergie era aura back, look to have serious belief. Some beautifully crafted goals, and such brilliant movement as well, the mark of a great team when players know where their teammates will be. Arsenal are literally a premier league us as well, try to play good football but then end up giving their opponents headstarts every week

Agree RE the Fergie aura.

The only problem they have is that they do not have particularly talented defensive players. There's not a lot a belief/freedom based coach can do with that ? 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confirmed Koscielny had his jaw broken by the accidental Lukaku kick. Looked painful as duck. Guy can't catch a break.

Arsenal's defense is looking a little ragged now.

Thought Arsenal when panicked tried too much dribbling. 

United just sat in and then waited to pick up the inevitable lost ball. Countered quickly and impressively, although the enforced changes meant arsenal really didn't have anyone to stop Pogba running through midfield. 

Haven't seen Utd under solskjaer. Certainly looked a bit more up for things. Not sure how well they'd cope with a team that flooded the midfield tho.

Some unbelievable results again today - its the reason why we all love football - no matter the difference in class, on the day anyone can raise their game and win against all the odds,

Shrewsbury drawing with Wolves, Millwall beating Everton, forest overcoming Wigan and the Wombles thrashing the Hammers...

football eh?

9 hours ago, rynny said:

Have you seen the chanting from inside the ground? 

47 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Was it bad?

Just saw it. Just Millwall fans doing everything they can to make sure nobody forgets Millwall exist. If it wasn't for their attention seeking they'd be as famous as Wycombe

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Just saw it. Just Millwall fans doing everything they can to make sure nobody forgets Millwall exist. If it wasn't for their attention seeking they'd be as famous as Wycombe

Proper scum.

Hopefully they will identify the perpetrators and ban them. 

18 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Proper scum.

Hopefully they will identify the perpetrators and ban them. 

From what I've seen there's some kid shouting eff off you black cnuts.

I'd be so proud if mine did that. 

"I'd rather be a p*k* than a Scouse". Is that one out of The Lion King?

4 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Again, make too many changes and get your arse kicked.. So happy, arrogant mugs.

Out of interest, do you feel like the FA Cup is losing its integrity and that clubs should play their strongest sides? Or would you prefer them to lose to lower-ranked teams as a result of playing a weakened side? I personally think there's a balance to be had somewhere. I want us to play something close to our strongest team no matter who we play, although I'd consider resting players if they really do need it, or use it as an opportunity to give one or two youngsters a game.

What I don't like is when people say we'd be better off out of the cup. Whilst that may technically be true in terms of the league, this season has shown that there is more to football than the league campaign. United, Chelsea and Accrington away have all been great experiences this season and all of them were cup games. 

Archived