League & FA Cup 18/19

Boycie

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d have been sacked on the spot for that. In the army he’d have been marched off to the nick and dishonourably discharged. No pension.

Even in the crazy world of football he has brought the game into disrepute. Disobeying the manager and officials.

If nothing is done then red carded players will start ripping up the card and staging sit down strikes.

The second half ‘goal’was half a metre offside and rightly disallowed.....no VAR needed.

Two red card tackles, ref played advantage then did nothing about the first, then gave only a yellow for the second when the player was through on goal.

Surprisingly, I was hoping Ciry would lose, but no way did Chelsea earn any respect.

The real loser tonight is top level football.

RIP the beautiful game!?

24 minutes ago, cosmic said:

The death of football. Player power goes up another level. Disgraceful from Kepa, but Sarri’s got no backbone. Imagine Clough or Ferguson allowing that to happen? Mental.

Didn’t Ronaldo do the same to Ferguson when he was at Man Utd when Ronaldo said he felt like a slave?

1 minute ago, David said:

Azpilicueta the captain, doesn’t want to comment because he was on the other side of the pitch, doesn’t know what happened ?

Because he wants to ke the right side of whoever picks the team more like.

Sarri will get a sympathy vote from some fro this, it’s probably going to extend his tenure until at least the end of season.

Wasn't watching.

Have seen the Live Beeb texty thing, and obviously the twitter vid posted on here.

Was the keeper injured?  Does that video start with him saying "No, I'm ok.  I'm not injured", or was this purely a tactical switch (or not, in this case!)  I also presume the (substitute) board had actually been shown?

Not sure why I'm asking, as the keeper is in the wrong full stop, but just trying to get the build up to this!

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I don’t get the comments saying that wouldn’t have happened if Lampard, Terry and Drogba there. They were key members of the dressing room that downed tools under Scolari, Mourinho and Villas Boas

Yet they’ve all left and the problems still exist. 

It’s a strange one, can only assume dressing room issues are a contagious deadly disease that needs a complete clear out and pest control team in to spray the ground. 

Rowett mentioned that players he brought in felt the pressure of this February meltdown.

Difficult one to sort out even with boat loads of cash to completely shake up the club as Stoke are finding out.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Yet they’ve all left and the problems still exist. 

It’s a strange one, can only assume dressing room issues are a contagious deadly disease that needs a complete clear out and pest control team in to spray the ground. 

Rowett mentioned that players he brought in felt the pressure of this February meltdown.

Difficult one to sort out even with boat loads of cash to completely shake up the club as Stoke are finding out.

Not blaming them specifically but I just didn’t get the comments by journalists saying that would have never happened if Chelsea still had leaders like those guys when in actual fact there were big problems in the dressing room even when they were there.

Chelsea as a whole have been a mess since the end of Mourinho’s first spell when William Gallas threatened to score an own goal if he wasn’t allowed to leave. 

14 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Kepa should be sacked and never play for another team again

£71m transfer fee and a 7 year contract at £10m a year. £141m invested. 

I think he knows he has a fair amount of job security. And that's probably the problem.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

£71m transfer fee and a 7 year contract at £10m a year. £141m invested. 

I think he knows he has a fair amount of job security. And that's probably the problem.

The past. Gordon Banks RIP. A Gentleman doing his best for club and country and for the love of the game.

The present. Kepa a young modern day footballer doing it for greed, the love of himself and a game that not everyone can afford to watch anymore or even want to watch anymore.

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

The past. Gordon Banks RIP. A Gentleman doing his best for club and country and for the love of the game.

The present. Kepa a young modern day footballer doing it for greed, the love of himself and a game that not everyone can afford to watch anymore or even want to watch anymore.

Kind of puts it in perspective really doesn’t it. 

Gentleman GB vs Self righteous, self centred so called ‘Professional’ Footballer of today.  

Could you imagine him trying that with Clough, Robson, Shankly, Ferguson etc etc. 

Poor old Sarri has got to leave now as his position is untenable following that public betrayal. 

I've never seen anything like this. Of course, players have acted like dheads before, but they generally don't get the support of their team mates. The complete indifference of the vast majority of the Chelsea players to their manager obviously going mental at Kepa makes his position untenable. His captain didn't even back him up.

How would you react if this happened at Derby? Money and transfer bans would be irrelevant to me. Even if I didn't support the manager I'd want the 'keeper fined and demoted to the youth team, and the captain to have the armband taken from him.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Anyone remember Terry's "we Dont like the manager" press conference at the World Cup?

Exactly. It annoys me when everyone tries to paint Terry as a saint. We won’t go into his private life but he downed tools with certain England managers even though those managers backed him through those allegation claims. I thought this at the time but the way members of the Chelsea squad downed tools with Villas Boas was disgusting and then they happened to go on to win the champions league under di matteo in the same season. The season after proved that Di matteo wasn’t a good manager so that was all on the players. 

What Kepa did was disgraceful. However, I wouldn’t say he is all to blame. The seed was most likely planted by those who are no longer involved in sarri’s set up who are not playing by organising secret meetings behind the manager’s back. Not naming any names but Chelsea fans know who they are and they and Sarri wanted the leader of that group out in January for it

• 3 weeks later...

Archived