Premier League 18/19

Alph

Thanks.

League chairman wants a close title fight this season. Understandable. So do I.

Nothing worse than a league where a club runs away with it.

That doesn’t mean officials have been instructed to turn blind eyes and force a title race. Liverpool have been excellent this season and fully deserve the position they are in. 

To suggest otherwise is total nonsense, sorry but it is. 

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paul71 said:

If there is a conspiracy to let Liverpool win the title, then those in charge must have been on their holidays when Silva threw himself to the floor to win a penalty against West ham earlier in the season.

And what about Liverpool’s clear offside goal against West Ham. It would be naive to say City have been given no decisions in their favour all season, but Liverpool have had MANY , many decisions in their favour, from many offsides to Salah’s dives as I posted anove. Anyone who watched Man City v Liverpool at Anfield knows that Man City should have had 3, maybe four clear penalties in that game alone. They weren’t even 50/50 decisions, they were CLEAR!

What’s happened throughout the season has happened. If Man City don’t win it from this point then they don’t deserve it(assuming there are no suspect referring decisions today like the Barnes handball). If they don’t win and there is no controversy, I will give credit where credit is due to Liverpool 

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

And what about Liverpool’s clear offside goal against West Ham. It would be naive to say City have been given no decisions in their favour all season, but Liverpool have had MANY , many decisions in their favour, from many offsides to Salah’s dives as I posted anove. Anyone who watched Man City v Liverpool at Anfield knows that Man City should have had 3, maybe four clear penalties in that game alone. They weren’t even 50/50 decisions, they were CLEAR!

What’s happened throughout the season has happened. If Man City don’t win it from this point then they don’t deserve it(assuming there are no suspect referring decisions today like the Barnes handball). If they don’t win and there is no controversy, I will give credit where credit is due to Liverpool 

But surely if there was a conspiracy Man City who have absolutely no decisions in their favour? Or do they let them have the odd one just so 'it looks fair'.

What are you suggesting? Refs are being bribed? They are taking backhanders to let Liverpool win?

Barmy.

Just now, David said:

Thanks.

League chairman wants a close title fight this season. Understandable. So do I.

Nothing worse than a league where a club runs away with it.

That doesn’t mean officials have been instructed to turn blind eyes and force a title race. Liverpool have been excellent this season and fully deserve the position they are in. 

To suggest otherwise is total nonsense, sorry but it is. 

A league chairman should remain unbiased and keep his comments to himself. He’s the same man who said that Man Utd not winning the league is bad for the premier league brand(presumably his comments stretch to Liverpool because they are a global club and all he’s bothered about is money). It’s not man city’s fault that no-one was close to them last season. As a neutral you would want to see a closer race. However, I’d rather see a team who deserves to win the league without many controversial  decisions going in their favour. If Liverpool didn’t get those decisions over the course of the season, this league would be done and dusted already. That’s what I have a problem with. Not the fact that it’s Liverpool or not. I’d rather see a fair title race where there’s no controversy. If there’s no controversy in the next games then you won’t hear a thing from me apart from congratulating Liverpool on winning the league. 

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

A league chairman should remain unbiased and keep his comments to himself. He’s the same man who said that Man Utd not winning the league is bad for the premier league brand(presumably his comments stretch to Liverpool because they are a global club and all he’s bothered about is money). It’s not man city’s fault that no-one was close to them last season. As a neutral you would want to see a closer race. However, I’d rather see a team who deserves to win the league without many controversial  decisions going in their favour. If Liverpool didn’t get those decisions over the course of the season, this league would be done and dusted already. That’s what I have a problem with. Not the fact that it’s Liverpool or not. I’d rather see a fair title race where there’s no controversy. If there’s no controversy in the next games then you won’t hear a thing from me apart from congratulating Liverpool on winning the league. 

Maybe he thought he could voice an honest opinion without conspiracy theories flying around that match officials have been some way bribed. 

It’s nonsense, it really is.

As for the Man Utd thing. Let’s quote the man

It’s a double-edged sword,” Scudamore told Bloomberg. “When your most popular club isn’t doing as well, that costs you interest and audience in some places.” 

“There’s lots of fans around the world who wish Manchester United were winning it again, but you have to balance that off against, generally, we’re in the business of putting on a competition and competition means people can compete.”

Again you’ve twisted this to fit an agenda that isn’t there. You must get through an awful lot of tin foil in your house.

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Didn't ecclestone used to say the same almost every season when one of the drivers won the title with 3 or 4 races to go? Surely everyone bar the title winning team want it to go to the wire. Saying so doesn't mean you are anti Man City. Surely them winning with the last kick of the game against QPR was far more exciting than winning by close on 20 points.

7 minutes ago, David said:

That thread was from 2 months ago. It fails to address the dives from Salah in that and the FA overlooking decisions to suit salah, the penalty decisions in favour of Liverpool's that were not penalties, the decisions that man city didn't get like today's clear penalty, the game against wolves etc, blatent penalty decisions that other teams should have against liverpool like son for spurs

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

That thread was from 2 months ago. It fails to address the dives from Salah in that and the FA overlooking decisions to suit salah, the penalty decisions in favour of Liverpool's that were not penalties, the decisions that man city didn't get like today's clear penalty, the game against wolves etc, blatent penalty decisions that other teams should have against liverpool like son for spurs

It’s a conspiracy, Scudamore wants Liverpool to win the league, I get it. 

@David My main issue isn’t the fact that Liverpool may win the league, I’d absolutely hate it but I’d be able to stomache it eventually. My main issue is the fact that something as important as the league title can be decided by a poor refereeing decision either way. Most people will agree that Man City should have had a penalty for the Ashley Barnes handball. Luckily for Man City it didn’t cost them but it could have easily done and boom, that’s the title over for them. If that happens in a play off final this season I’d be absolutely furious.

At the end of the day, there are four premier league games left to decide the title and it’s in Man City’s hands with two winnable games. What’s happened in previous games is done and it can’t be changed. However, if there are no controversy or dodgy decisions in the remaining games and Liverpool still manage to win the league, with city failing to beat Leicester and BRighton, you won’t hear anything negative from me and I will reluctantly congratulate Liverpool on winning the league. Deal?

36 minutes ago, McLovin said:

@David My main issue isn’t the fact that Liverpool may win the league, I’d absolutely hate it but I’d be able to stomache it eventually. My main issue is the fact that something as important as the league title can be decided by a poor refereeing decision either way. Most people will agree that Man City should have had a penalty for the Ashley Barnes handball. Luckily for Man City it didn’t cost them but it could have easily done and boom, that’s the title over for them. If that happens in a play off final this season I’d be absolutely furious.

At the end of the day, there are four premier league games left to decide the title and it’s in Man City’s hands with two winnable games. What’s happened in previous games is done and it can’t be changed. However, if there are no controversy or dodgy decisions in the remaining games and Liverpool still manage to win the league, with city failing to beat Leicester and BRighton, you won’t hear anything negative from me and I will reluctantly congratulate Liverpool on winning the league. Deal?

Deal? Not a chance Liverpool are winning it now ?

55 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I don't want to be rude but someone needs to say it even more directly than @David is patiently trying to.

You need to grow up a little bit young man. It's threads like these where it comes across that you are the age you are.

Whoever wins the league will have deserved it, it's been an incredible performance by both teams over the course of the season and for you to bring it down to bizarre conspiracy theories is out of order and immature.

City got (rightly) given a goal that was 29 millimetres over the line. If the league wanted Liverpool to win it, I'm sure they could have found a camera angle that showed the ball on the line and not over it.

50 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I don't want to be rude but someone needs to say it even more directly than @David is patiently trying to.

You need to grow up a little bit young man. It's threads like these where it comes across that you are the age you are.

Whoever wins the league will have deserved it, it's been an incredible performance by both teams over the course of the season and for you to bring it down to bizarre conspiracy theories is out of order and immature.

City got (rightly) given a goal that was 29 millimetres over the line. If the league wanted Liverpool to win it, I'm sure they could have found a camera angle that showed the ball on the line and not over it.

What a bizarre  personal attack. I guess the thousands of other people who don’t want Liverpool to win the league and are highlighting the inconsistencies  are also childish conspiracy theorists. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t give you the right to call someone out. The team who wins doesn’t always deserve it. Did qpr deserve to beat us in the play off final? No. Did we deserve to beat West Brom in the play off final? No, the best team doesn’t always win. Man City and Liverpool are two fantastic teams which is why I want to see a league not ruined by decisions by referees who want to make a name for themselves. I think that VAR should be introduced at this late stage of the season to prevent that.

Maybe I am nothing but a pathetic conspiracy theorist, maybe I’m not, but decisions like today’s against Man City’s don’t help. 99% of people will agree that was a penalty. Man City being denied a CLEAR penalty could have cost them the league today but luckily for the integrity of the league it didn't.

All I stated was for a fair league, where pathetic refereeing decisions don’t impact on the title race. I don’t like Liverpool, I never have but if City or Liverpool  end up winning the league via a dodgy decision in the next few games then I will call them out. This is a thread to express our opinions. I suggest you keep out of the thread in future if you’re going to call users out. Goals scored via goal line technology cannot be faked because they’re not human error, in contrast to a poor refereeing decision. Former premier league referee Mark Halsey mentioned that he was told to lie over an incident by his bosses. We’d be naive if manipulation didn’t exist just because it’s England and not Italy. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/04/mark-halsey-reveals-incident-he-claims-he-was-told-to-lie-about/amp/

Meanwhile,

Taken from a Liverpool fan from the Reddit post David posted:

“what’s weird is I feel like City have kind of been dicked over a bit when it comes to pens, I feel like I’ve seen quite a few pretty egregious ones where the ref will turn a total blind eye to a city player getting taken out in the box” “

“Not gonna lie, I enjoy seeing sterling get screwed on pens and get leveled in the box but yeah, there’s been a few times where it’s felt like a ref CLEARLY sees sterling get fouled and flat out just says “duck you, no””

At least that one was unbiased. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Deal? Not a chance Liverpool are winning it now ?

All I want to see is a fair winner, let’s hope there are no controversial decisions in any of the remaining games that ruin it because we should be celebrating two fantastic teams, not these stupid referees or linesman.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

All I want to see is a fair winner, let’s hope there are no controversial decisions in any of the remaining games that ruin it because we should be celebrating two fantastic teams, not these stupid referees or linesman.

You will always have controversial decisions, it’s football, even with VAR questionable decisions are made.

I think you just have to accept they are part of the game and even themselves out over the season in the games not shown on TV.

It’s been an enjoyable Premier League season, even the battle for the top 4 is going down to the wire

Does any real Derby fan care who wins the premier league if we are not involved? I couldn't give a toss, although I know plenty who really don't want Liverpool to win it and it would be nice to see how gutted they were if Liverpool managed it.

Archived