Premier League 18/19

Alph

22 hours ago, McLovin said:

This is the premier league thread, Liverpool were playing today. Fair play to them, apart from the referring decisions that have gone their way, they are doing very well to compete with Man City . I just couldn’t stand it if they were to win. They’re worse than forest fans, for all forest fans’ fault, they haven’t done half the stuff listed above. Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing. We will never hear the end of the it if they were to win it. Klipitty Klopp would probably celebrate by whitening his teeth some more. Says it all to me that Man Utd fans would rather have their local rivals win the league than them lot

I'm really surprised that the average fan appears to accept the Abu Dhabi ownership group so readily. They have a horrible human rights history !!

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, McLovin said:

This is the premier league thread, Liverpool were playing today. Fair play to them, apart from the referring decisions that have gone their way, they are doing very well to compete with Man City . I just couldn’t stand it if they were to win. They’re worse than forest fans, for all forest fans’ fault, they haven’t done half the stuff listed above. Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing. We will never hear the end of the it if they were to win it. Klipitty Klopp would probably celebrate by whitening his teeth some more. Says it all to me that Man Utd fans would rather have their local rivals win the league than them lot

I'm sure Forest fans would rather see Notts County win the Premier League than us.

Do you realise just how far back the United Liverpool rivalry goes? It's based on absolutely nothing you have posted, recent events are used as stones to throw but do not strengthen what was a fierce rivalry long before you and I were even born.

1 hour ago, David said:

I'm sure Forest fans would rather see Notts County win the Premier League than us.

Do you realise just how far back the United Liverpool rivalry goes? It's based on absolutely nothing you have posted, recent events are used as stones to throw but do not strengthen what was a fierce rivalry long before you and I were even born.

I remember going to watch Man Utd vs derby at old Trafford back in the Jim Smith days. Malcolm Christie scored the winner to assure our safety. Great times. 

We were having a drink in a pub before hand, full of United fans. We heard them chanting ‘96 was not enough’. For ages we were scratching our heads trying to work out what United achieved in 96. It wasn’t the treble year, what a weird thing to sing about. 

Turns out they weren’t talking about the year. 

The moral of the story is... all teams have absolute twits supporting them. And United vs Liverpool runs deep. 

All I’m concerned about is fairness. If the best team wins the league because they’ve been the best team in the league then fair enough and you have to congratulate them, even if I hate that team or not. I hate to see any game decided by an unfair decision, especially one that could decide something as important as the title. I hate cheating in all forms. What’s happened in the past with decisions has happened, scudamore said he wanted the title race to go right down to the wire, well he’s got that. If city don’t beat Leicester and BRighton, and there’s no controversy in their games, then they don’t deserve it. I just hope that their games or Liverpool’s remaining games aren’t ruined by poor refereeing decisions  either way

1 minute ago, David said:

Is that it? ?

He said he wanted a team(Liverpool) to make it a much better title race than last season, after what happened last season with Man City dominating. Only real way they could realistically bridge the gap is through favourable decisions because of how dominant Man City were last season. Man City were one of the few teams to vote in favour of VAR, with Liverpool Firmly against its introduction in the premier league this season. The last time there was a real push for Liverpool to win the league was in 2014, where was a push for Liverpool to win the league because of the 25th anniversary of hillsborough, this year is the 30th anniversary.

Just now, David said:

Did he mention Liverpool by name?

Liverpool were the obvious candidates to challenge City with them reaching the cl final last season. There was a big push at the start of the season that they’d be the ones to be realistic candidates to win the league, like in 2014, there was a big push for Liverpool to win the league because of how great it would be for them to win because of the hillsborough anniversary and they were bigged up as the natural candidates. I kept this bookmarked, hard to say he’s wrong?

3 minutes ago, David said:

@McLovin that wasn’t the question, did Scudamore mention Liverpool by name? Just trying to establish the facts here.

He didn’t, but heavily inferred. They were the natural team he meant if you saw the state of the other teams at the start of the season. One rule for one club but another for the rest

Sith Happens

If there is a conspiracy to let Liverpool win the title, then those in charge must have been on their holidays when Silva threw himself to the floor to win a penalty against West ham earlier in the season.

Archived