Premier League 18/19

Alph

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Curtains said:

Liverpool might lose at Newcastle and Wolves won’t be easy 

Anything can happen but City are now favorites for me. 

Of course, point clear and 3 games to play you’re relying on a freak result now and Liverpool to do what they need to do.

Weirdly I think Burnley are the best chance of stopping Man City now, they win on Sunday, hand them the trophy 

19 minutes ago, David said:

Roy Keane looking like he would be anywhere else right now than sat next to Gary Neville trying to suggest United did as well as you can expect from them.

Man U if they  beat Chelsea can still finish top 4 as Arsenal lost tonight .

Whether  they deserve it or not is debatable 

24 minutes ago, David said:

To be fair Roy Keane was talking a lot more sense than Neville tonight, not sure how he copes watching Forest play

I've always thought Neville is honest, if not overly harsh, when it comes to Man United.

Keane just wants to be controversial and slag everyone off. Have absolutely no idea what him and Souness bring to the plate in terms of punditry. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Bit harsh this. 

If someone asked me (27 years old) to name some Derby legends from the 60s/70s I could. If someone showed me photos of these players and asked me to name them, I don't fancy my chances. 

Only know what Kevin Hector looks like cos he was next to the number 7 on my DCFC clock as a kid. 

A very professional performance by Man City. I too can see Burnley being tricky for Manchester City. If there wasn’t enough reasons not to want Liverpool to win the league, James Milner(the designated Liverpool penalty taker) was subject to death threats and told to go to hell by Liverpool fans because he took the penalty instead of their beloved Salah. Yes they sent death threats to their own player who SCORED the penalty against Cardiff because they love Salah like a cult figure, who once again showed how selfish he is by throwing a strop when Milner took and scored the penalty. He’s only in it for himself because he wants the golden boot. What a weird bunch Liverpool fans are.

I couldn’t even imagine sending death threats to Harry Wilson after he scored the penalty against QPR, just because he took it instead of Marriott or Nugent for example. Harry Wilson should leave that classless club permanently and join a proper club like ourselves for good. Poor Harry would get death threats and Liverpool fans would sign petitions if he played over their beloved Salah at Liverpool. 

51 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Bit harsh this. 

If someone asked me (27 years old) to name some Derby legends from the 60s/70s I could. If someone showed me photos of these players and asked me to name them, I don't fancy my chances. 

Only know what Kevin Hector looks like cos he was next to the number 7 on my DCFC clock as a kid. 

I would, but this is George Best, not a United fan but I would easily pick him out from a line up. 

14 minutes ago, David said:

I would, but this is George Best, not a United fan but I would easily pick him out from a line up. 

True but I'd argue that a lot of people in their early twenties wouldn't know him. 

I'm a teacher (secondary school) and a lot of students I teach don't actually know that David Beckham is famous for being a footballer... that's incredible to me but it wasn't in their lifetime. 

I wouldn't be able to pick a Geoff Hurst out of a line up and he's arguably way more important in terms of English football! 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

True but I'd argue that a lot of people in their early twenties wouldn't know him. 

I'm a teacher (secondary school) and a lot of students I teach don't actually know that David Beckham is famous for being a footballer... that's incredible to me but it wasn't in their lifetime. 

I wouldn't be able to pick a Geoff Hurst out of a line up and he's arguably way more important in terms of English football! 

Right but this fan said he's been supporting them since he was born in 1986, makes him 33. Only 4 years younger than myself, hard not to know who he is. I mean they even have his face on a banner at Old Trafford and a statue outside the ground, come on!

george-best-tribute_3381218.jpg

GettyImages-109822791.jpg

Archived