Premier League 18/19

Alph

1 hour ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

The Airborne tradition

In 2007 Vitesse Arnhem started to honour the Airborne veterans in association with the “Airborne match”. This initiative came from the Vitesse Supporters Club. The game, which is all about the Battle of Arnhem in 1944, takes place in September each year. The activities are organized in tribute to more than 1.700 British and Polish soldiers who died in the Battle of Arnhem and are buried in the Airborne Cemetery in Oosterbeek. The annual Airborne match was played at the GelreDome Stadium in Arnhem on Saturday  with the presence of the veterans themselves as special guests.
For this special match each year Vitess wear claret and blue outfits, the same colours of the 1st Airborne Division, with a 1st Airborne 'winged horse' emblem also etched on the kit. These shirts are after the match auctioned for charity.

What a fantastic gesture in honour of these chaps.

The "home end" on Saturday................bloody brilliant!

I have a lot of mates coming home today with sore heads after the weekends activities in Arnhem, I'm ex 2 para, but only got out there once jumping in 93 for the 49th anniversary, not sure about now but back then the TA battalions seemed to get the  "Jolly" jumps indeed it was 10 paras gig I was on with a few elements from 1 2 and 3 para, the Dutch treat us like gods, after the jump the kids were all over the DZ helping the lads with our chutes in which we gave a set of wings, we were told to carry a few sets for this purpose, yeah a truly brilliant weekend, defo need to get back hopefully next year ???

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/09/2018 at 18:39, Barnetbyram said:

I have a lot of mates coming home today with sore heads after the weekends activities in Arnhem, I'm ex 2 para, but only got out there once jumping in 93 for the 49th anniversary, not sure about now but back then the TA battalions seemed to get the  "Jolly" jumps indeed it was 10 paras gig I was on with a few elements from 1 2 and 3 para, the Dutch treat us like gods, after the jump the kids were all over the DZ helping the lads with our chutes in which we gave a set of wings, we were told to carry a few sets for this purpose, yeah a truly brilliant weekend, defo need to get back hopefully next year ???

It's like,  you know,  you're trying to tell me something important and I,  I'm sorry,  but I just don't know what you're telling me ?

My bad....

I'm not sure where else to discuss this, its certainly not worthy of its own thread I don't think and it wasn't about Derby but...

did anyone watch the chat with Jody Morris before Liverpool and Chelsea's kick-off last night?

Before the game, they talked about the Chelsea academy and he was really damning in his thoughts on the club during his time.

Talked about how the managers while he was there (Mourinho and Conte) had absolutely no interest in the youth. That youth teams would be playing games 50yards away and the managers would shut themselves in their office and they didn't really read reports.

That's completely mad to me. 

In other news, I'm not really a big better so I've only just heard of this requestaBet option. 

Just out of interest I asked what odds I'll get on both Cardiff and Hudderfield going down with less than 27 points. Can't see either of them getting that many, so if they offer over evens it could be worth a decent pop.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Probably for the best with some of the predictions you come up with ?

I actually came top three for the past two seasons in the Rolls Royce dcfc prediction. Top three out of 30+ participants. Not bad going. Ths season I'm doing bad though, keep predicting Derby wins and they let me down!

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

In other news, I'm not really a big better so I've only just heard of this requestaBet option. 

Just out of interest I asked what odds I'll get on both Cardiff and Hudderfield going down with less than 27 points. Can't see either of them getting that many, so if they offer over evens it could be worth a decent pop.

That’s Huddersfield and Cardiff qualifying for Europe then. 

Why the hell was Riyad Mahrez on penalty duty? He'd missed four of his last seven prior to that.

Bernardo Silva was the best player on the pitch. He's really coming into his own now he is playing regularly. An amazing talent and hugely underrated. He should have taken the penalty.

I think this is shaping up to be one of the tightest title races in many years.

City and Liverpool are very hard to separate, with City clearly going to find it hard to replicate last season’s feats. 

Chelsea and Arsenal are showing signs of improvement far sooner than anyone expected. 

I think Chelsea will win the title personally. They were my pre-season tip, even though in pre-season, everything pointed to the contrary.

Seeing how quickly the players have bought into Sarri’s methods and how he seems to be extracting more and more out of Hazard, it bodes well, especially as they don’t have the exertions and distractions of the Champions League to contend with.

But of course City remain the favourites, but it’ll be a closely fought battle whoever wins it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived