Premier League 18/19

Alph

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I put £1 on Skybet for Gray to score, Scurrle to score, Fosu-Mensah to get a card and Holebas to get a card.

Only need a Schurrle goal and tonight will be an absoltue corker of a night out for the boxing.

Should have gone for a Mitrovic goal. What were the odds?

1-1

22 hours ago, 86 points said:

The likes of Van Nistleroy, Henry, Ronaldo, Drogba, Suarez, and Aguero have all failed to score as many goals in a single Premiership season as Salah did last season. and for the most part, they all played in more dominant sides. After 6 games last season he'd notched 'only' twice, the same tally as this year. Also, referring to your earlier rants about Heysel, nobody 'murdered' anybody. I'm guessing you don't really understand the meaning of the word. Also, your claim that nobody was held accountable is just more attention-seeking bum guff. 14 fans were extradited, charged and found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and were imprisoned as a result of their behaviour. I know this rather flies in the face of your puerile and hysterical screechings but these are the facts of the matter. I hope this helps to clear things up for you. 

If I could like this 1000 times I would.

20 hours ago, Barnetbyram said:

Vitesse Arnhem fans tribute to the British Airborne troops that tried to liberate them during operation Market Garden in WW2.......A bridge too far 

IMG_0259.JPG

The Airborne tradition

In 2007 Vitesse Arnhem started to honour the Airborne veterans in association with the “Airborne match”. This initiative came from the Vitesse Supporters Club. The game, which is all about the Battle of Arnhem in 1944, takes place in September each year. The activities are organized in tribute to more than 1.700 British and Polish soldiers who died in the Battle of Arnhem and are buried in the Airborne Cemetery in Oosterbeek. The annual Airborne match was played at the GelreDome Stadium in Arnhem on Saturday  with the presence of the veterans themselves as special guests.
For this special match each year Vitess wear claret and blue outfits, the same colours of the 1st Airborne Division, with a 1st Airborne 'winged horse' emblem also etched on the kit. These shirts are after the match auctioned for charity.

What a fantastic gesture in honour of these chaps.

The "home end" on Saturday................bloody brilliant!

Archived