Premier League 18/19

Alph

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the offside doesn't go in, then the whole game plays out differently, so who knows what the score would have been.

In fairness to City and Liverpool, they are both having fantastic seasons, at this stage they both deserve to win it.

Possible, still feel Liverpool would have gone on and won.

End of the day officials make poor calls in most games, Man City themselves are still in the FA Cup thanks to 2 poor calls v Swansea. 

No VAR in Championship grounds though, would love to hear the explanation for that one.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Possible, still feel Liverpool would have gone on and won.

End of the day officials make poor calls in most games, Man City themselves are still in the FA Cup thanks to 2 poor calls v Swansea. 

No VAR in Championship grounds though, would love to hear the explanation for that one.

Indeed. Even though Liverpool have been lucky with decisions going their way of late, that's just how it goes in football.  Don't see any reason to suspect any officials of bias in their favour. 

10 hours ago, McLovin said:

Just look on social media. Pretty much no-one wants Liverpool to win it, apart from Liverpool fans. 

Firstly, you do know that your Facebook feed is only ever populated with posts that are aligned to your views. What I see on my Facebook or twitter feeds us completely different to what you see. 

Secondly, if you say that previous Liverpool teams deserved to win, but didn’t, then a more undeserving team must’ve won it. To make up for those times, why not give them this one, (should they actually go on to win it)?

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Firstly, you do know that your Facebook feed is only ever populated with posts that are aligned to your views. What I see on my Facebook or twitter feeds us completely different to what you see. 

Secondly, if you say that previous Liverpool teams deserved to win, but didn’t, then a more undeserving team must’ve won it. To make up for those times, why not give them this one, (should they actually go on to win it)?

Not necessarily, look at what a completely unbiased ex pro Ryan mason said on the previous page, and see the comments underneath it. People are fed up with Liverpool getting decisions their way every week. You don’t mind the best team winning, people have a problem when the best team doesn’t win. That’s about 12-15 points they’ve got that they shouldn’t have got due to poor officiating, and that’s discounting things like momentum during games. Let’s be straight here, if that was forest we’d all be livid and calling them out every week and that it’s a conspiracy.

Previous Liverpool teams didn’t necessarily deserve to win, but they deserved it a lot more than this current side. I have a lot more respect for the rafa’s 08/09 side who competed with the European champions Man Utd down to the wire, not having to rely on officiating to save them  most weeks. The Richard scudimore comments at the start of the season says it all to me. 

10 hours ago, Highgate said:

If the offside doesn't go in, then the whole game plays out differently, so who knows what the score would have been.

In fairness to City and Liverpool, they are both having fantastic seasons, at this stage they both deserve to win it.

Interesting and I think fair comment on Sky last night that even with VAR it wouldn't have been disallowed.

The ball was crossed twice AFTER the missed offside. Southampton defence had 2 chances to reset before the goal was scored.

Couple of points. Southampton were brilliant for 25-30 minutes each half. Ralf has really got them playing high tempo stuff that is good to watch. Exactly what he said he would do. Liverpool were careless with the ball and apart from his cross Trent Alexander had a shocker.

Gunn should have done better with Keita's header. Can't believe that wasn't pulled up on last night.

Nice to see how much it meant to Jordan Henderson and thought the interview at the end was very good. Lovely to see and hear so much enthusiasm and togetherness from the 3 lads Sky spoke to. Salah seems to have a very good sense of humour.

Good game. Great run in.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not necessarily, look at what a completely unbiased ex pro Ryan mason said on the previous page, and see the comments underneath it. People are fed up with Liverpool getting decisions their way every week. You don’t mind the best team winning, people have a problem when the best team doesn’t win. That’s about 12-15 points they’ve got that they shouldn’t have got due to poor officiating, and that’s discounting things like momentum during games. Let’s be straight here, if that was forest we’d all be livid and calling them out every week and that it’s a conspiracy.

Previous Liverpool teams didn’t necessarily deserve to win, but they deserved it a lot more than this current side. I have a lot more respect for the rafa’s 08/09 side who competed with the European champions Man Utd down to the wire, not having to rely on officiating to save them  most weeks. The Richard scudimore comments at the start of the season says it all to me. 

Come off it completely unbiased, ex Spurs player who have been rivals with Liverpool for a number of years, you don't play competitive sports and not develop a dislike for other clubs for various reasons, be it rivals, picked up injuries, injured your mates, fans give you stick.

After getting into George Thorne's head you're now getting in the heads of the so called majority after seeing a few hundred tweets, have a day off will you.

And if you don't think every club has dodgy decisions have a week off, as I mentioned earlier Man City still in the FA Cup over a penalty that wasn't and an offside goal, all because the FA didn't want Championship clubs to have the benefit of VAR.

Not everything is a great big conspiracy, you've been watching way too many YouTube videos.

If you want Man City to win it great, but unless you have a survey of the country football fans, just stand by your own views and not claim to be in the majority.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Come off it completely unbiased, ex Spurs player who have been rivals with Liverpool for a number of years, you don't play competitive sports and not develop a dislike for other clubs for various reasons, be it rivals, picked up injuries, injured your mates, fans give you stick.

After getting into George Thorne's head you're now getting in the heads of the so called majority after seeing a few hundred tweets, have a day off will you.

And if you don't think every club has dodgy decisions have a week off, as I mentioned earlier Man City still in the FA Cup over a penalty that wasn't and an offside goal, all because the FA didn't want Championship clubs to have the benefit of VAR.

Not everything is a great big conspiracy, you've been watching way too many YouTube videos.

If you want Man City to win it great, but unless you have a survey of the country football fans, just stand by your own views and not claim to be in the majority.

What has he said that was wrong?  Liverpool have had decisions going their way all season. It shows what a brilliant team Man City are that they’re still competing despite that. You don’t want Man City to win, because you don’t like Guardiola, you never have, let’s be honest. Let’s be straight here, if forest were getting those decisions you’d be one of the first being livid at them. Thorne has nothing to do with this discussion-pointless highlighting him. The majority don’t want Liverpool to win it, if you think otherwise then you’re deluding yourself, even our own Curtis Davies pointed this out, or is he a Liverpool hater as well? Curtis must be a secret Man City fan actually

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What has he said that was wrong?  Liverpool have had decisions going their way all season. It shows what a brilliant team Man City are that they’re still competing despite that. You don’t want Man City to win, because you don’t like Guardiola, you never have, let’s be honest. Let’s be straight here, if forest were getting those decisions you’d be one of the first being livid at them. Thorne has nothing to do with this discussion-pointless highlighting him. The majority don’t want Liverpool to win it, if you think otherwise then you’re deluding yourself, even our own Curtis Davies pointed this out, or is he a Liverpool hater as well? Curtis must be a secret Man City fan actually

I’d rather Liverpool win. 

It gets a bit boring if Man City win every year. They won last year by a country mile, I admire Liverpool for giving them a real challenge this year. Always have done in this situation. I admired Newcastle for giving United a run for their money, I admired Leicester for upsetting the status quo. I even admired City for challenging United when they first started getting good.

Liverpool may have been one of the big six for a long time, but if they were to win, it would be upsetting the status quo. They’ve not won anything if note in a long time. 

Theyre not my favourite club in the world, but if you’re giving me a choice of Liverpool or city, I’m choosing Liverpool. Next year I might choose city. Doesn’t really matter to me if they’re winning it on dodgy decisions. Everyone needs a bit of luck to win anything. Even the invincibles had a few lucky results in their run, and on the other end of the spectrum, our 11 point team had a few almighty slices of bad luck. Wouldn’t have effected the end standings in either case, but it might have took the shine / sting out of it a bit. 

The cream rises to the top. Whoever deserves to win will win. 

Theres only one way to settle this... FIGHT!!

or possibly a poll, whichever is easiest. 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I don't actually have a problem with Guardiola himself, what I don't like is the genius tag the media push at every opportunity which makes me nauseous, a manager that has only managed top teams with the best players and blank cheques left on his desk I want to see him take on a challenge.

Posted this many a time, I wanted to see him go to Arsenal which would have been more of a challenge given they are a little tighter with the purse strings.

I think we have also proven that you have no evidence to suggest the majority don't want Liverpool to win it, "look at social media" isn't really proof. ?

I actually linked you to a BBC article which they questioned was the dislike for Liverpool a social media myth which you completely ignored.

As for Forest, I wouldn't be livid at all, only if they were games against us. 

Finally Curtis Davies, not sure what your point is, ran a search of his tweets and Liverpool but other than this below and a bunch of memory lane goals or signed programme competitions I can't see anything where he has claimed the majority of fans don't want Liverpool to win. 

Doors have only just opened and they banning fans already for the crime that is standing. 

Spurs added: "We appreciate that fans will rise up at key moments in the match.

"Persistently standing for the whole match or for long periods, along with failing to heed requests from the stewards and fellow fans to be seated, is not acceptable behaviour, notwithstanding it's against ground regulations."

Erm, don’t have have a full stand of standers?

Archived