Looking on the positive side

plymouthram

Our remaining fixtures are good to look at. We only have WBA on the last game of the season to play from the Championships current top 6 teams. Other remaining top 6 fixtures are Leeds v Norwich, WBA v M'boro, M'boro v Leeds, Sheff Utd v M'boro. WBA v Sheff Utd. Leeds v WBA, Leeds v Sheff Utd and M'boro v Norwich. I think there could be a team that might break into the top 6 who are currently not there, but lets hope its not us that drops out. If we stay in the there, with previous experienced players in our squad that have been in the play offs before will be an advantage. Frank seems to be not fazed with big match cup style matches, so the season is still looking bright. COYR

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have drawn our last 4 at home and we never know how we’re going to turn up when playing away. For me, unless we sign a couple we won’t be in the top 6 come May. Injuries are taking effect and general mistakes which happened from game one are still happening. I’d love to flick a switch and start playing how we did a few months ago but realistically it might not happen

32 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think he means whilst Wilson is out, which I agree Holmes should replace him.

You’re right, the red wine didn’t make it clear last night ?

We are hanging in there after a difficult spell. And Forest are traumatised. 

A couple of decent wins and we’ll all be smiling again. 

I feel surprisingly better than I did yesterday so come on lads let’s have some happy clapping, midfield is the problem, it always has been. Without it the defence gets over pressured and the attack gets no bullets. 

Jan and Feb are key months.

In the last few years we have hoplessly crumbled at this point. We are hanging in there after some torrid games. Which is nice to see. I will be happy to just not crumble and go down to the last day as we have done previously.

We do need some additions though to improve the team hopefully we can get them over the line soon.

We have  great chance of picking up wins in our next few games, but we won't win any games if we play like we did against Leeds and Sheffield United  and Boro second half, we need to be at it from kick off with  100% determination and energy and some real aggression in our pressing and our tackling, we are nowhere near good enough to be complacent against bottom half teams as shown by our results against some of the worst teams in the league.

21 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Our remaining fixtures are good to look at. We only have WBA on the last game of the season to play from the Championships current top 6 teams. Other remaining top 6 fixtures are Leeds v Norwich, WBA v M'boro, M'boro v Leeds, Sheff Utd v M'boro. WBA v Sheff Utd. Leeds v WBA, Leeds v Sheff Utd and M'boro v Norwich. I think there could be a team that might break into the top 6 who are currently not there, but lets hope its not us that drops out. If we stay in the there, with previous experienced players in our squad that have been in the play offs before will be an advantage. Frank seems to be not fazed with big match cup style matches, so the season is still looking bright. COYR

Probably miss out on top six this season by 4 or 5 points. Should be enough to keep Lampard in the job for the start of next season. 

Archived