If you were Frank Lampard..

goldstar

Interested to know, if you were Frank yesterday at half time, what would you have said to the players? Would you have been positive, assured them they had the ability and encouraged to go out there and turn it round? Or would you have been more angry and challenged them to sort it out as the previous 45 minutes were dire?

Also, what do you think players in general respond to better? Passionate rousing speeches or more subtle prompting? Do you even think this has much bearing on the match at all and is it simply sometimes a case of 'poo happens'? 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mental image of that?

If like to imagine I would be reminding the players that people have spent hard earned money to be there and didn't deserve to see that absolute dross yet they would be paid handsomely regardless, and that they were capable of much better.

It just seems that recently, managers have to tiptoe round the players in fear of the dressing room turning. So far the players seem to have a great rapport with Frank, but it does make me curious what goes on.

Keep it tight the first 25 seconds of the second half and then just go back to what you were doing. Duane, you're on right back duty as punishment for Wisdom, Nuge, you're coming on but i don't want you to do much, everyone else, just remember, it's not your fault, someone spied on us so you know, you've already been beaten...

Just now, King Kevin said:

I 'll tell you what I wouldn't have done put Holmes at full back.

I did think that one was odd, quite impressed we didn't ship more thlugh with that decision!

Different tactics

The first half is gone no point dwelling on it, except to identify their wide players as the trouble makers.

I think i'd have

• subbed mount and lawrence
  • brought on bogle and malone
  • told lowe and malone to double up on clark
  • told bogle and wisdom to let nothing get down their left flank
  • told wisdom to stop giving away free kicks and not get another booking or he'll be getting a finger up his bum
  • had three in the middle v their two....evans, bryson and holmes
  • tell holmes to break into the space vacated by allioski and run at their centre backs
  • instruction to get the ball to holmes
  • try to win a penalty or get a decent ball to marriott
  • If we get level, shut up shop, time waste, and see out a draw.

i'd bet the changing room is bugged, so i'd have to explain it all by playing charades

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Different tactics

The first half is gone no point dwelling on it, except to identify their wide players as the trouble makers.

I think i'd have

• subbed mount and lawrence
  • brought on bogle and malone
  • told lowe and malone to double up on clark
  • told bogle and wisdom to let nothing get down their left flank
  • told wisdom to stop giving away free kicks and not get another booking or he'll be getting a finger up his bum
  • had three in the middle v their two....evans, bryson and holmes
  • tell holmes to break into the space vacated by allioski and run at their centre backs
  • instruction to get the ball to holmes
  • try to win a penalty or get a decent ball to marriott
  • If we get level, shut up shop, time waste, and see out a draw.

i'd bet the changing room is bugged, so i'd have to explain it all by playing charades

Excellent? wouldn't have liked to act out the Wisdom one though..

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Wisdom was the weak link and Holmes played the role much better. It was a clever tactical move.

Certainly was their goal just minutes after was from the right back position .Having said that Wisdom was the weak link so was Lowe ,Nuge at least provided some much needed guile up front ,another game when I felt for Marriott getting battered by two central defenders on his own. 

I could understand him pulling Wisdom off, he had a poor time of it in the first half. Putting Holmes to full-back gave us more scope to get forward down the right. Don't forget it was Holmes who charged into the Leeds box before suffering "GBH" from the Leeds keeper. Why are Rams not asking for the authorities to review that incident on Sky footage? It was very dangerous play, and could have resulted in serious injury, even loss of an eye, for Holmes. Johnson had a 4 match ban for much less a few weeks ago. It appears that keepers can get away with lunging in with feet at head height, whilst any other player on the pitch would have been sent off. Just because the Ref was looking the other way doesn't mean the player should not be punished. It also begs the question of what kind of manager condones such action by his players? Leeds could take matters into their own hands by disciplining the player and imposing their own ban for such an horrendous challenge. Any chance of that?

14 minutes ago, Northernram said:

I could understand him pulling Wisdom off, he had a poor time of it in the first half. Putting Holmes to full-back gave us more scope to get forward down the right. Don't forget it was Holmes who charged into the Leeds box before suffering "GBH" from the Leeds keeper. Why are Rams not asking for the authorities to review that incident on Sky footage? It was very dangerous play, and could have resulted in serious injury, even loss of an eye, for Holmes. Johnson had a 4 match ban for much less a few weeks ago. It appears that keepers can get away with lunging in with feet at head height, whilst any other player on the pitch would have been sent off. Just because the Ref was looking the other way doesn't mean the player should not be punished. It also begs the question of what kind of manager condones such action by his players? Leeds could take matters into their own hands by disciplining the player and imposing their own ban for such an horrendous challenge. Any chance of that?

Der by cannot ask the ref or the league to review it however the fa may has they do every week ask the ref if he had seen the incident would he have issued a red.........so you need to leave it a few days to see if they do.

58 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Wisdom was the weak link and Holmes played the role much better. It was a clever tactical move.

? not that clever we got beat 2-0

I wonder if Frank was as frosty with the players as he was with Chris Coles after the first couple of questions on Radio Deruby... That was beyond awkward

Archived