Keep the faith

Taking a look at the fixtures list, we have 

Reading H 

Millwall (Postponed due to cup, not sure on new date) H

Preston A

Hull H

Ipswich A

Wigan H 

No easy games in this division, but lots of winnable games in there. We’ve got through our tough run and we still find ourselves in a very good position. It’s tough to stay positive after a poor performance but we still have so much to fight for. Let’s hope we finish January with a few wins and a couple of new signings, and everything will be looking far rosier 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a fact that we've had the hardest set of fixtures in the division to date, having played Leeds, Sheff U, Norwich & Boro twice.

6th in the league with the "easiest" fixture list remaining, tis not all bad.

We'll need to seriously up our current form though, which I'm sure we will once a fully fit Wilson & Mount combination is reunited.

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

It's a fact that we've had the hardest set of fixtures in the division to date, have played Leeds, Sheff U, Norwich & Boro twice.

6th in the league with the "easiest" fixture list remaining, tis not all bad.

We'll need to seriously up our current form though, and I'm sure we will once a fully fit Wilson & Mount combination is reunited.

That I hadn’t realised! Really is a reality check when you see that. 

Our next 18 games are against teams currently below us. 18! Our record against the top 6 is W3 D3 L3, which is actually quite decent when you think about it. Other teams continuously falter below us, so we will always have the opportunity to remain and challenge for the top 6. 

We're by no means brilliant in our own right but we've still got a great chance for the top 6.

Wigan have just thumped Villa who gave us the runaround. 

Reading have just won and we have a truly wretched hom record against them.

Hull are climbing rapidly and Jarrod Bowen is scoring plenty. 

Ipswich are scrapping and have just won.

For every winnable game, there is equally a banan skin there ready to trap the unwary.

I am more concerned about our form....putting results aside, we are generally not playing well and haven't for a while. I don't see why the perceived quality of opposition should have any effect on that turning around. 

I would just like to see some improvement in our play......

2 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Our record against the top 6 is W3 D3 L3, which is actually quite good when you think about it.

Take out Leeds, assuming they get automatic, and it's W3 D3 L1 with a home game to WBA to come... nothing to fear in the playoffs... but we need to make them first!

10 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Our next 18 games are against teams currently below us. 18! Our record against the top 6 is W3 D3 L3, which is actually quite decent when you think about it. Other teams continuously falter below us, so we will always have the opportunity to remain and challenge for the top 6. 

We're by no means brilliant in our own right but we've still got a great chance for the top 6.

Yer but the league isn't played against 6 teams is it that's why Leeds are top are we are 6th. 

Your logic in inverted commas doesn't follow and is flawed if you propose that as we've done ok against the top 6 teams then that automatically follows we will do better against the so called lesser teams.  

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

Take out Leeds, assuming they get automatic, and it's W3 D3 L1 with a home game to WBA to come... nothing to fear in the playoffs... but we need to make them first!

The thing that encourages me in that regard is that our best performances this season have been in some of the bigger games. People may say we're not ready to go up, and I'm inclined to agree, but we've got a good chance of doing so, and can be a match to (pretty much) any team in the league on our day. we need to find our day at some point though!

1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Yer but the league isn't played against 6 teams is it that's why Leeds are top are we are 6th. 

Your logic in inverted commas doesn't foll and is flawed if you propose that as we've done ok against the top 6 teams that that automatically follows we will do better against the so called lesser teams.  

that's not what i'm saying at all. I'm merely suggesting that, even though we are all bogged down and negative about things at the moment overall, in the grand scheme of things we are a decent team in this division who can compete on their day with anyone, and if we make it to the playoffs we have a decent chance. The run from now until the end of the season is favourable, but we need to get going again soon.

1 minute ago, LB_DCFC said:

that's not what i'm saying at all. I'm merely suggesting that, even though we are all bogged down and negative about things at the moment overall, in the grand scheme of things we are a decent team in this division who can compete on their day with anyone, and if we make it to the playoffs we have a decent chance. The run from now until the end of the season is favourable, but we need to get going again soon.

I hear what you're saying as you quite rightly say on our day we are a match for any team it's just that we haven't seen many of those performances recently our consistency and level of performance have been abysmal which gives no room for optimism.

Should be 12 points there if we’re serious about achieving anything this season, but play like we have the last couple of months and you won’t beat the local pub B team. We’ve notoriously struggled against teams lower down at times as well this season so I echo the thoughts of others, we have to get our own play right. Start getting the basics right and things may start turning around. We can still achieve top six if we pick up enough points out of that lot, which let’s be fair is what we set out to achieve in the first place. Without improvement though, and imo 3/4 incomings in the transfer window we’re gonna struggle. Mind if we can’t figure out how to pass/defend we’re ducked even if we buy Messi. Setup is all over this poo at the moment.

We had a thread like this back in August, quoting a ‘easy’ run of games and that didn’t go to plan. I think SDSR should know better than most?

After last night and looking at today’s results if Mel and co can’t see this is the window to go sh:t and bust with recuriting one or two real game changers then they’re blind. The standard of the championship is the weakest it’s been for some years. 

7 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I hear what you're saying as you quite rightly say on our day we are a match for any team it's just that we haven't seen many of those performances recently our consistency and level of performance have been abysmal which gives no room for optimism.

As has everyone elses at times. We're not alone in this, we started the game against sheffield united in 5th and 4 points above 7th and we're now 6th and 2 points above 7th, even though we've played against Sheff U, Norwich, Boro and Leeds. We absolutely have to improve still, no doubt.

14 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

As has everyone elses at times. We're not alone in this, we started the game against sheffield united in 5th and 4 points above 7th and we're now 6th and 2 points above 7th, even though we've played against Sheff U, Norwich, Boro and Leeds. We absolutely have to improve still, no doubt.

The only consistency we've shown is consistently paying over the odds for players that have failed to live up to their transfer fees.

42 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Wigan have just thumped Villa who gave us the runaround. 

Reading have just won and we have a truly wretched hom record against them.

Hull are climbing rapidly and Jarrod Bowen is scoring plenty. 

Ipswich are scrapping and have just won.

For every winnable game, there is equally a banan skin there ready to trap the unwary.

I am more concerned about our form....putting results aside, we are generally not playing well and haven't for a while. I don't see why the perceived quality of opposition should have any effect on that turning around. 

I would just like to see some improvement in our play......

This none of our upcoming games are nailed on, Reading haven't won in ten and they beat the red dogs today ,the same red dogs that turned Leeds over last week .

I went last night and also to Wigan away which we could easily have lost  we have a few issues ,we can take nothing for granted .

10 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

The only consistency we've shown is consistently paying over the odds for players that have failed to live up to their transfer fees.

As have so many championship clubs .. nothing new there and if you take out Voldermort splashing cash like a teenage lottery winner and Clement having to find hurried replacements for Hughes and Bryson after one match then actually we haven’t been that daft. This is the game in the championship if you are in it for the fight. 

Archived