Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stedcfc

Lampard’s comments on January spending

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Lampard has spent big on three players and only one of those could be considered anything like value for money so far.

Yes fair point. Mel has again spent some big money. Waghorn for some reason is warming the bench. Evans not really looking a championship player. Our defence needs drastic surgery without Davis and again we have no controling midfield player. To improve noticably will require quite significant outlay, but I for one would understand if the chairman decided to keep the cheque book under lock and key.

Edited by europia

Share this post


Link to post

Those comments irked me a bit as well, but more because it sounded like he was looking for excuses. Hoping he doesn’t go down the Nigel Clough path of blaming everything on money. I know he’s had to deal with some tight budget restrictions due to other managers fuckwittery, but he’s still managed to bring in a fair few players and given our starting position, we should be showing some progress in style by now. He’s hardly blameless for wasting money either based on what we’ve seen of the 2.5 mil josefzoon and his refusal to use the 5 mil Waghorn. 

Can’t be blaming financials, he needs to get a grip and start coaching our defence some basic defensive organisation and the rets of our players how to pass and where to pass.

Share this post


Link to post

He’s telling it how it is to dampen expectation. It isn’t a fallacy, he has to sell to buy. He’s saddled with high earners who aren’t good enough anymore who need to leave to enable a rebuild. Rowett had the same constraints but still thought he could chase promotion with short term signings. Frank has made us competitive but with an eye on the future. He has a lot of talent as a manager, I’m sure he will go far in the game. If we still have at the end of his contract (2.5 years from now), we’ll be in the premier league. It could even happen this season though I’m not expecting it.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Those comments irked me a bit as well, but more because it sounded like he was looking for excuses. Hoping he doesn’t go down the Nigel Clough path of blaming everything on money. I know he’s had to deal with some tight budget restrictions due to other managers fuckwittery, but he’s still managed to bring in a fair few players and given our starting position, we should be showing some progress in style by now. He’s hardly blameless for wasting money either based on what we’ve seen of the 2.5 mil josefzoon and his refusal to use the 5 mil Waghorn. 

Can’t be blaming financials, he needs to get a grip and start coaching our defence some basic defensive organisation and the rets of our players how to pass and where to pass.

However we dress it up we have spent the third highest amount this season in the league- yes we had to sell to do it but we have spent about £15 million 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

However we dress it up we have spent the third highest amount this season in the league- yes we had to sell to do it but we have spent about £15 million 

Leeds, Forest & Stoke have spent more than us. Villa have spent a similar amount.

Mel Morris said we broke even for the summer.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Leeds, Forest & Stoke have spent more than us. Villa have spent a similar amount.

Mel Morris said we broke even for the summer.

We did break even in the summer - forest and stoke definitely spent more than us - leeds maybe a similar amount but we definitely spent a lot 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He’s telling it how it is to dampen expectation. It isn’t a fallacy, he has to sell to buy. He’s saddled with high earners who aren’t good enough anymore who need to leave to enable a rebuild. Rowett had the same constraints but still thought he could chase promotion with short term signings. Frank has made us competitive but with an eye on the future. He has a lot of talent as a manager, I’m sure he will go far in the game. If we still have at the end of his contract (2.5 years from now), we’ll be in the premier league. It could even happen this season though I’m not expecting it.

Agree. But i don't think he is saying anything "to dampen expectation".

he's just telling the truth.

Share this post


Link to post

Why will FFP affect us more in future than now?

Players are amortised over the course of their contracts, therefore why a bigger hit this summer than last?

Additionally, the losses are calculated on a 3 year average so why will this bite us more in the future?

Share this post


Link to post

Our best performances have come when waghorn played on the right with mount and Wilson in the middle yet he doesn’t play him.

we had Malone and bogle available Friday but didn’t play them

we played Bryson as a Cm yet he hasn’t had a good game all season

franks comments aren’t the issue if they are true. We’ve had our pants pulled down for years for overspending.

the issue is playing the best team and I don’t think he’s doing that at the minute

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/01/2019 at 19:25, StockholmRam said:

Ay up old mate. Yeah..not much choice but to stick with it is there. But as i explained elsewhere, im the only Ram in a family full of Leeds. 

You be the team that has its pants pulled down and right royally rodgered by them back to back, you lose my love n affection in a nano second. 

Well done lads, and thanks for that. 

I know its got to be painful but you must have enjoyed the recent past, lost only 6 times in the last 24 outings I think.  We've been the rogeror to their rogeree on many occasions

Share this post


Link to post

I wish people would stop mentioning FFP when they obviously have no idea what they are talking about. There are only a couple of people on here who are accountants and know what they are talking about. One of them gave up because ignorant people kept arguing with him!

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Spanish said:

I know its got to be painful but you must have enjoyed the recent past, lost only 6 times in the last 24 outings I think.  We've been the rogeror to their rogeree on many occasions

Id bring young Nige back for every game Spanish...in fact id appoint him head of Leeds games forever...

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Id bring young Nige back for every game Spanish...in fact id appoint him head of Leeds games forever...

He'd be world class if he could bottle whatever it was.  he used it when we played burton also.  I guess if he over uses the spell he turns into a toad or something

Edited by Spanish

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.