Lampard’s comments on January spending

Stedcfc

Our best performances have come when waghorn played on the right with mount and Wilson in the middle yet he doesn’t play him.

we had Malone and bogle available Friday but didn’t play them

we played Bryson as a Cm yet he hasn’t had a good game all season

franks comments aren’t the issue if they are true. We’ve had our pants pulled down for years for overspending.

the issue is playing the best team and I don’t think he’s doing that at the minute

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/01/2019 at 19:25, StockholmRam said:

Ay up old mate. Yeah..not much choice but to stick with it is there. But as i explained elsewhere, im the only Ram in a family full of Leeds. 

You be the team that has its pants pulled down and right royally rodgered by them back to back, you lose my love n affection in a nano second. 

Well done lads, and thanks for that. 

I know its got to be painful but you must have enjoyed the recent past, lost only 6 times in the last 24 outings I think.  We've been the rogeror to their rogeree on many occasions

I wish people would stop mentioning FFP when they obviously have no idea what they are talking about. There are only a couple of people on here who are accountants and know what they are talking about. One of them gave up because ignorant people kept arguing with him!

4 hours ago, Spanish said:

I know its got to be painful but you must have enjoyed the recent past, lost only 6 times in the last 24 outings I think.  We've been the rogeror to their rogeree on many occasions

Id bring young Nige back for every game Spanish...in fact id appoint him head of Leeds games forever...

2 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Id bring young Nige back for every game Spanish...in fact id appoint him head of Leeds games forever...

He'd be world class if he could bottle whatever it was.  he used it when we played burton also.  I guess if he over uses the spell he turns into a toad or something

5 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

They aren't though. And THAT'S the problem.

They must be. Otherwise are you saying it benefits the club financially to sign all these guys to new deals rather than let them leave?

3 minutes ago, Luke said:

They must be. Otherwise are you saying it benefits the club financially to sign all these guys to new deals rather than let them leave?

I'll explain it as simply as I can. Anyone else is free to correct me or simplify further.

Amortisation as you put it, refers to 'straight-line' loss of player value over the course of the initial contract. It starts at the initial cost of the player, and results in £0 at the end of the initial contract date.

This is not how it currently works. At the start of each period (season, year, financial year, other), the player is assigned a new value (equal to or lower than the previous period). When he leaves the club, that value will be £0. Extending the contract can extend the date this value must be £0

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This is not how it currently works. At the start of each period (season, year, financial year, other), the player is assigned a new value (equal to or lower than the previous period). When he leaves the club, that value will be £0. Extending the contract can extend the date this value must be £0

I'd heard this but do we know for sure that there has been no previous reductions in the assigned value of those out of contract? It would be foolish to have Butterfield and Johnson still valued at £4.5m and £6.7m respectively going into their final contract year (this year) when they will almost certainly leave for nothing or next to nothing. 

Sooner or later we will have to take a hit on these two rather than extend their contracts to delay the inevitable as we are unlikely ever to recoup any significant transfer monies on them. Then its just Anya, Thorne, Wisdom and Martin to worry about!

If Mel basically spends almost all of the allowable FFP budget on wages then the only other way out of it is to sell players to cover the losses.  

33 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

I'd heard this but do we know for sure that there has been no previous reductions in the assigned value of those out of contract?

Nope.  The accounts show amortization write-down for each year, but we have no idea how that is allocated.  Last set of accounts show a £5.1m write down for 2017. The 2018 accounts have yet to be published, so no idea what the write down will be in that.

With Butterfield, Huddlestone,  Johnson, Jerome, Blackman, Olson, Nugent, Pearce all out of contract plus Anya and Thorne with another year left, there's a lot to write down. I make that around £23-£25m.

34 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Nope.  The accounts show amortization write-down for each year, but we have no idea how that is allocated.  Last set of accounts show a £5.1m write down for 2017. The 2018 accounts have yet to be published, so no idea what the write down will be in that.

With Butterfield, Huddlestone,  Johnson, Jerome, Blackman, Olson, Nugent, Pearce all out of contract plus Anya and Thorne with another year left, there's a lot to write down. I make that around £23-£25m.

Up to 23-25m.........depending on how much has been written off until now, which as you rightly say you can’t easily tell.

even defeated the sainted Ramblur that particular issue.

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Up to 23-25m.........depending on how much has been written off until now, which as you rightly say you can’t easily tell.

even defeated the sainted Ramblur that particular issue.

Shame he's not still around. One of the very few who knew his eggs. So many 'experts' have sprung up since, most of who don't seem to have a Danny. 

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Shame he's not still around. One of the very few who knew his eggs. So many 'experts' have sprung up since, most of who don't seem to have a Danny. 

He did flounce for very little reason though.

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He did flounce for very little reason though.

Or you could look at it another way, that he spent hours and hours pouring over multiple sets of accounts on our behalf (don't forget, many of us requested that he do so) even when his health was poor, only to be taken to task every time he did. I can only speak for me but I was always grateful for his work, knowledge and the fact he was typically very patient with thickies like me asking him daft questions.

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't have to worry about Martin.

You are right he has nil value in the books, but it would be useful if he could start finding the net again so he might attract some cash offers sometime over the next 18 months.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He cost nowt so it doesn't matter if his contract runs out was my wondering.

Seems like he's finally finding some good form again at Hull. Adkins has been very complimentary about him too and judged on the admittedly small sample I've seen, Chrissy's got some fire in his belly again. Nice to see. 

7 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Seems like he's finally finding some good form again at Hull. Adkins has been very complimentary about him too and judged on the admittedly small sample I've seen, Chrissy's got some fire in his belly again. Nice to see. 

being given a chance to play combined with regaining his fitness i suppose.

good to see.

Archived