Southampton vs Derby FA Cup 3rd Round Replay match thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SaintRam said:

I really like Tomori, I think hes already a very good defender with bags of potential. But one criticism I have of him is that his man meets opposition set pieces far too often

Worst and best of him in a 20 sec period then. Lost his man who thankfully spurned it over. 15 secs later in receives the ball in a tight position in the corner and comes out brilliantly to start an attack.

33 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

At the moment there’s no ball carrier. Bryson is in the position to do it, but he doesn’t. It’s never really been his game, and while I can see why out of our squad you’d think he’s suited, he simply doesn’t have the strength, skill or composure to play it. Holmes is much more suited, he’s stronger, can dribble and doesn’t just pass the direction he’s facing. He’s not perfectly suited but he’s better. It’s that position that’s been the problem all season, and I’d like to see Holmes tried in that role rather than mounts.

Unless you play a 10 man midfield you're always going to be missing some qualities.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

To the people who have said we've been poor, or the people who've said we've been alright? 

Both exist

I don't know anymore.

Archived