Southampton vs Derby FA Cup 3rd Round Replay match thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

Lil Duane? Although he played wider in the home fixture, he essentially did the same job.

Would be my choice but still not natural to it.

Can only imagine Lampard already has him pencilled in for the weekend and wants at least 1 fresh attacker?

You wouldn't drop him for form and contribution???

10 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Wisdom out of the entire squad because of one poor 45 minutes against Leeds? or is he injured? We'll be playing Huddlestone at centre half if anything happens to Keogh or Tomori. 

Lots of others had a poor 90 minutes and one had one of the worst performances at full back since Mick Coop and is still on the bench.

Best XI that, for me. I like Holmes, but I still think Bryson at his best is a better fit in that midfield. Some short memories around, which don’t recall how good he was v Man U in the league cup just a couple of months ago. (Although I also note that Johnson played CDM that night...)

I'd actually say we have the stronger side out tonight, despite their home advantage, so hopefully we can get through it with a win and no injuries. 

A number of players in that side will want to leave everything out on the pitch and claim their place for the next game. 

12 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Lil Duane? Although he played wider in the home fixture, he essentially did the same job.

Closest thing to will Hughes that we have, get him out there! We’ve never seen him and Mount, let’s give it a whirl we’ve seen him and Bryson struggle plenty of times. Duane and Mount with the hudd behind could do some damage

31 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s veryyyy close to the team I wanted to see. But there remains one key thing that ducks the entire midfield balance, Bryson and not Holmes. You almost did it frank...almost had me happy at a team selection. Good to see Bennett back as well. Just don’t get what Bryson does to get in over Duane, hopefully he’s just being rested. But I really wanted to see him next to mount and the hudd. VERY glad the latter is back however 

Might be mistaken but pretty sure you say the balance is wrong no matter what team Lampard puts out.

Does it actually mean anything or is it just the latest buzzword on here.

Not really sure what major difference Holmes would make to 'balance' over Bryson, although I think Holmes should be starting ahead of him.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Might be mistaken but pretty sure you say the balance is wrong no matter what team Lampard puts out.

Does it actually mean anything or is it just the latest buzzword on here.

Not really sure what major difference Holmes would make to 'balance' over Bryson, although I think Holmes should be starting ahead of him.

At the moment there’s no ball carrier. Bryson is in the position to do it, but he doesn’t. It’s never really been his game, and while I can see why out of our squad you’d think he’s suited, he simply doesn’t have the strength, skill or composure to play it. Holmes is much more suited, he’s stronger, can dribble and doesn’t just pass the direction he’s facing. He’s not perfectly suited but he’s better. It’s that position that’s been the problem all season, and I’d like to see Holmes tried in that role rather than mounts.

5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Anyone else think he seemed a bit nervous there? Usually very calm 

I think he was trying too hard to be smiley and laughing about it and how happy he was. Probably trying to show he's the opposite of what he was before the Leeds game where he was visibly upset.

Hopefully the incident as a whole, including tonight, doesn't effect him any further and he can continue doing what he was doing before, because he's doing a good job.

Archived