Sign in to follow this  
RadioactiveWaste

Southampton vs Derby FA Cup 3rd Round Replay match thread

That’s veryyyy close to the team I wanted to see. But there remains one key thing that ducks the entire midfield balance, Bryson and not Holmes. You almost did it frank...almost had me happy at a team selection. Good to see Bennett back as well. Just don’t get what Bryson does to get in over Duane, hopefully he’s just being rested. But I really wanted to see him next to mount and the hudd. VERY glad the latter is back however 

Wisdom out of the entire squad because of one poor 45 minutes against Leeds? or is he injured? We'll be playing Huddlestone at centre half if anything happens to Keogh or Tomori. 

He's gone very very strong, respect it.  Surprised Wilson starts, would've thought he came off the bench with 15 to go just be a bit safer. Need a bit of form, though, so why not start tonight. COYR

Not a bad team at all. Like it. 

Don't think Bryson is suited to being the link man but nobody else is either. 

He needs to be more positive though. Much more.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

That's one player short of our strongest XI (Holmes in for Bryson 🤪)

So you'd play Roos instead of Carson on Saturday then?

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Don't think Bryson is suited to being the link man but nobody else is either. 

Lil Duane? Although he played wider in the home fixture, he essentially did the same job.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s veryyyy close to the team I wanted to see. But there remains one key thing that ducks the entire midfield balance, Bryson and not Holmes. You almost did it frank...almost had me happy at a team selection. Good to see Bennett back as well. Just don’t get what Bryson does to get in over Duane, hopefully he’s just being rested. But I really wanted to see him next to mount and the hudd. VERY glad the latter is back however 

Well lampard does see them more than us, personally I don’t think holmes can overly play central midfield and for me bryson is the better starting player - holmes is a good sub