Southampton vs Derby FA Cup 3rd Round Replay match thread

RadioactiveWaste

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Lots of changes, but not cause it’s a cup match, more because the players who played on Friday don’t deserve to pull the shirt on until they man the duck up. Not that I’m expecting a change in personnel will make a jot of difference, it’s up to frank to actually get them playing and defending with some sort of plan, which he hasn’t managed in a while. Maybe we’ll see a resurgence after such a defeat, we bloody well should see a reaction if the players give a damn!

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Huddlestone

Holmes Mount

Waghorn Marriott Wilson

Regardless of anything that’s our best team for playing some proper football instead of route one to Marriott, including Roos. We do well on Wednesday, that team starts Saturday. Simple as. I’ll be watching from uni the night before (and after for that matter) an exam, and I wanna see some proper football to cheer me up. Some decent passing, tackling, movement and organisation. That’s all we ask.

Spot on with that team but I am resigned to the point where Lampard will play Bryson and not let Waghorn develop...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Hudds 

Mount Holmes

Waghorn Marriott Wilson (Lawrence if Wilson is out) 

Maybe could rest a couple more but think a good performance is needed for confidence. No putting forwards at right back please Frank. 

Think Lowe and Evans need some time out of the squad, have been extremely unimpressed by them both. 

3 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Where is best to park for this one? 

Staying nearby in Chilworth, so need to drive in. @HantsRam or anyone,  advice welcome.

The ground is in a bit of an old industrial area just over the Northam Bridge from the City Centre. From chilworth you'll head south straight down basset avenue (The a33) into the City. You can just park up in any city centr car park (it won't cost much after 6pm) and it's a 15-20 walk out over the Northam Bridge to the ground (east of the city centre and across the river itchen)

I believe that the ground has brown road signs to it although there isnt much open space around the ground itself. Think you may well find some of the local firms in the industrial estate may offer their car park spaces. Beware the roads are quite narrow and Southampton has tons of traffic lights to trap the unwary. 

Shouldn't be a problem for you mate ?

3 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Where is best to park for this one? 

Staying nearby in Chilworth, so need to drive in. @HantsRam or anyone,  advice welcome.

There are plenty of options and at good rates. As has been said, best choosing one of the south-western options near the A33

https://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/locations/southampton_southampton_england_united_kingdom_gcp185347tk/?arriving=201901161800&leaving=201901162330

6B626756-7CFD-41F5-8086-08DDF07E315C.thumb.png.50e1d098d8f39ee55ff907df5aff92ba.png

925BB906-FA47-4E23-88DF-0C5ADF9FCF0A.png

Wanderlust performance from start to finish with a swift delay for half time.

Lot of folk will be watching us on the BBC and Derby County will deliver the goods and will do us all proud.

This lot are from Southampton. Sit back, relax and love your wonderful Derby County Football Club.

Roos

Bogle       Keogh      Tomori      Malone

Evans

Wilson                                        Holmes

Mount

Waghorn              Marriott

Try Marriott and Waghorn in a 2 up top. Holmes and Wilson (if not fit Lawrence) can play as a wide diamond or come narrow. Not expecting much after the shambles on Friday. Hope we turn up though and give a good account of ourselves.

I was watching the Spurs v Man U game yesterday and the commentator said something along the lines of "Spurs did play midweek and could be feeling it" , this was after 60mins, never laughed so hard.

Championship teams play 4 games in 9 days and no one bats an eye lid but if Spurs play midweek there top players cant handle it after 60 mins. 

I hope Southampton suffer the same fate........

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

I was watching the Spurs v Man U game yesterday and the commentator said something along the lines of "Spurs did play midweek and could be feeling it" , this was after 60mins, never laughed so hard.

Championship teams play 4 games in 9 days and no one bats an eye lid but if Spurs play midweek there top players cant handle it after 60 mins. 

I hope Southampton suffer the same fate........

They'll make some changes to their side from the weekend I expect. 

Although talk locally is that gabbiadini is heading back to Italy so they won't be playing him....?

The issue I have with us using the 4-3-3 is that for it to work properly the wingers have to get back and help the full backs. But over these last few years of using this system we don't have those wingers because either they are strikers playing out wide or they are not prepared to work hard enough or they just don't have enough stamina to be able to do it because it is probably the most energy sapping position in the team along with the full back if done properly, so they would need to have a great engine. During these last few years I would say Jamie Ward and Jonny Russell could track back but they were not so great producing going forward. On the evidence of the last few years including this year I think it is time to change the system from the start of a match. However I can't see it happening for this game, so my team would be:-

Carson

Wisdom      Keogh  Tomori   Malone

Huddlestone

Mount           Johnson

Holmes          Waghorn       Lawrence

This is assuming Wilson is still injured. Save Marriott and Evans for Saturday. 

5 hours ago, HantsRam said:

They'll make some changes to their side from the weekend I expect. 

Although talk locally is that gabbiadini is heading back to Italy so they won't be playing him....?

According to the BBC Gabbiani has gone to Sampdoria for an undisclosed fee. 

Archived