Southampton vs Derby FA Cup 3rd Round Replay match thread

RadioactiveWaste

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I was off work the last 2 days with the lurgy.

Do we think we're watching our B-team live on the BBC this evening, a half-rested side, or full strength?

I would rest some of the key players. I think playing full strength teams in the League Cup at Manure and Chelski took it's toll in the end and affected some league games, especially the Villa game. I would like to see a competitive side but one that takes in to account that the league is the priority......

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Just so you are aware, for those at home coughing, sneezing and spluttering, you will need a TB licence to watch the Beeb!

Get well soon, and Up The Rams.

And if you're coughing anything up best to get a hawkers license as well

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Sorry not to see this earlier. The club takes tickets down on the team coach. If there's a problem you should ring them and get that sorted. They might be able to get Saints to reprint and have you collect at St Mary's.

It’s okay. I rang them when the ticket office opened this morning. Turns out I put the wrong postal address down ?

New tickets will be waiting for me at the ground. Just arrived at my hotel so the only problem now is which pub to go to ?

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Really, there's nothing much around the ground. You're not far from the City Centre - If you have map of southampton, if you find Oxford Street there is a car park around there and its the old city conservation area so has bars, restaurants etc and within about a 20 min walk of the ground.

Or theres the city centre itself which again is about a 20 minute walk - theres a concentration of bars and some older style pubs in the Bedford Place area.

And if you're coming by train and getting off at Soton Central, the signs to the City Centre should take you to Above Bar Street (about 0.5 mile to the south of Bedford Place) which has another collection of largely chain pubs like Slug and Lettuce, Yates' etc

Good luck mate!

I can’t deny Hants I had toyed with train to and from game with a B&B( free train travel even) but being a half day these days I’ve had to take refuge in Bod, Stoke station, Titanic owned so the beers really are impeccable.....

12530F82-4FA7-4868-9F90-284967DAB0A1.jpeg

8 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I can’t deny Hants I had toyed with train to and from game with a B&B( free train travel even) but being a half day these days I’ve had to take refuge in Bod, Stoke station, Titanic owned so the beers really are impeccable.....

12530F82-4FA7-4868-9F90-284967DAB0A1.jpeg

Thats a shame mate, what with there being a direct service via x-country.

Titanic beers eh? They'd recognise that in Soton alright - the titanic memorial has got almost as many names on it as the war memorial.

Rubbish day weather wise down here tho - pouring all day so not the weather for a pub-crawl around the self-styled "Summertime City" ?

Archived