Southampton vs Derby FA Cup 3rd Round Replay match thread

RadioactiveWaste

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't risk Wilson if he;s not fully fit. THinking something along the lines of this: 

Carson/Roos 

Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone 

Huddlestone, Evans 

Waghorn,Mount/Holmes, Lawrence/Holmes 

Marriott

Maybe a bit more solidity in the middle with Hudd and Evans could help us. I see Evans as a more mobile Ledley with better passing. 

Looking forward to tonight and hoping for some goals goals goals. 

7 minutes ago, 'Rambe33 said:

I wouldn't risk Wilson if he;s not fully fit. THinking something along the lines of this: 

Carson/Roos 

Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone 

Huddlestone, Evans 

Waghorn,Mount/Holmes, Lawrence/Holmes 

Marriott

Maybe a bit more solidity in the middle with Hudd and Evans could help us. I see Evans as a more mobile Ledley with better passing. 

Looking forward to tonight and hoping for some goals goals goals. 

I agree I’d like to see Huddlestone and Evans together the way the midfield is getting bypassed and the way we are easily concending it could work well 

14 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

At least your tickets have arrived ☹️

Sorry not to see this earlier. The club takes tickets down on the team coach. If there's a problem you should ring them and get that sorted. They might be able to get Saints to reprint and have you collect at St Mary's.

2 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Safe travels to all those going tonight, I wish I was one of you. I'll be taking a break from revision to cheer the boys on through my laptop.

Just about ready to wave my other half off to the game. Stuck at home with the lurgy. ??

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Just about ready to wave my other half off to the game. Stuck at home with the lurgy. ??

This lurgy is widespread and it's a nasty one, I'm still on the sofa with a duvet looking for sympathy and hot fluids. It's a lifestyle I could get used to if it wasn't for the coughing, sneezing, constant sore throat and stuffed up head.

Just now, BurtonRam7 said:

Bad luck. I had to miss Hull away earlier on in the season due to tonsillitis and I was fuming. Have you managed to get a refund?

Also, is your other half on here?

Yes; he's been down to the ticket office already this morning and got a full refund for ticket and Roadrider. He had to go early as deadline for refunds was 12 noon. He's on his way down there again soon to catch said Roadrider. I have to say that the club are very good about refunds and although it’s only £35 on this occasion, it all helps as it will pay for my Accrington ticket! ?

No, he's not on here - he already has to spend too much time listening to me waffling on about Derby! ?

2 minutes ago, David said:

This lurgy is widespread and it's a nasty one, I'm still on the sofa with a duvet looking for sympathy and hot fluids. It's a lifestyle I could get used to if it wasn't for the coughing, sneezing, constant sore throat and stuffed up head.

That's me exactly.  I think Leeds away on Friday night finished me off as I was already under the weather then. 

You have my sympathy.

Maybe we can croak Derby on to victory from our sofas? 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

That's me exactly.  I think Leeds away on Friday night finished me off as I was already under the weather then. 

You have my sympathy.

Maybe we can croak Derby on to victory from our sofas? 

Victory would be nice, although tonight I really just want a performance out the team, one we can sit here and say they gave it their all win lose or draw. Help put Friday behind us and look forward to the weekend where we need to start putting some points back on the board.

19 minutes ago, David said:

You as well. 

I had  all this before Xmas. 

Get well soon. 

Think we should go full strength tonight - last Friday was so bad, I think we need it out of our system pronto. Below line up assumes Wilson not yet available

Carson

Bogle             Keogh                 Tomori               Malone

Huddlestone

Holmes                   Mount

Waghorn                                                             Lawrence

Marriott

In view of the apathy we've seen on here from another unconvincing playoff push, I think a Cup run would give us a bit of excitement away from the drudgery of the league.

43 years since an FA Cup Semi Final, 20 years since a Quarter Final - we've shown in the League Cup that we're capable of excellent one off performances. Let's go for it.

24 minutes ago, bristolram said:

Does anyone have any pre-game pub suggestions? 

Really, there's nothing much around the ground. You're not far from the City Centre - If you have map of southampton, if you find Oxford Street there is a car park around there and its the old city conservation area so has bars, restaurants etc and within about a 20 min walk of the ground.

Or theres the city centre itself which again is about a 20 minute walk - theres a concentration of bars and some older style pubs in the Bedford Place area.

And if you're coming by train and getting off at Soton Central, the signs to the City Centre should take you to Above Bar Street (about 0.5 mile to the south of Bedford Place) which has another collection of largely chain pubs like Slug and Lettuce, Yates' etc

Good luck mate!

I was off work the last 2 days with the lurgy.

Do we think we're watching our B-team live on the BBC this evening, a half-rested side, or full strength?

Archived