We don’t all f’in hate Leeds!!!

Alph

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Mr Pants said:

What a coherent and balanced view @Alpha ?

I’m a Leeds fan (cue abuse) and after watching last night’s game was a little bewildered by Derby. I haven’t seen much of you this season but it appeared that tactically you haven’t progressed much since the first game of the season. I think you are doing well to be in and around the playoffs (as a club of your size should be) but what is the overall impression that Derby fans have of your team and manager ?

Judging by your bench last night, does Lampard know his best 11, formation or tactics ? There were a lot of attacking players (new signings I believe) on that bench. Was it a bench selected to hopefully come on and chase the game ? Surely you can’t have been that poor all season ?

Do you have faith in Lampard as the man to move you forward ? God knows as Leeds fans we have seen a succession of utterly garbage, inept coaches/managers and wasted season after season with them. Do you think Lampard will learn and improve ?

Owdo Mr Pants!

You fully deserved the win last night, and look to be a great team, with a lot of talented players. And we didn't turn up at all. However, a leopard never changes its spots.

The situation reminds me of the Don Revie days, when you had a team full of extremely gifted players, plus Norman Hunter, and could ;play anybody off the pitch. Yet their trademark wasn't breath-taking football, it was the thuggery and cheating. Such a shame, but much of that was on display last night. Roofe scored his goal with a beautiful strike, and he plays selflessly for the team, but he is such a dirty player. Virtually every challenge involved a huge push in the bag of the central defenders, or there were kicks and trips going on.  I could give a whole load of other examples, but there isn't a need. On top of that, if we put more than an "after you sir" type of challenge, your players were going down like they'd been hit by a sniper. But despite all the alleged violence, none of your players went off injured. There were also plenty of players running half the length of the pitch to yell at the ref over incidents which had nothing to do with them. And that dreadful challenge by your keeper, who knew exactly what he was doing. Even so, we should have been able to cope with all of that, as we face that from a large proportion of Championship teams, although not to that level.

What did kill us was the spygate issue. We discovered right at the end of our final training session that all our routines, tactics and likely team were known, but had no time to work on alternatives. It is no surprise that you knew exactly how to play against us, and how to stop us playing, or how to take advantage of us. It knocked the stuffing out of us, both team and manager, so we went on to the pitch already beaten in our heads.

Make no mistake, this isn't an excuse, it is not why you beat us. On the day you were by far the better team. But without all that at least we would have put up a bit of a fight, which is actually all we ask of the team.

I hope you do make the automatics because you are the best team around, and you do work hard for eachother, but please, less of the dark arts.

Leeds are hated , there’s a reason for that and given that they are not at the top of the footballing tree it’s not the Man U syndrome ,

also some derby fans need to get a grip , we have lost twice to the team that is the best in the championship this year ,,so ducking what , we have a selection of young loans and new new players ,a new manager and management team and are challenging for top six when we were saying mid table would have been reasonable for this first season , 

i hope Leeds duck it up as they are tankers of a club ,end of

Despite living in Leeds nearly 15 years now, I don't hate them at all. Would always want to beat them but I actually don't mind them.

Their support & passion for their team is fantastic and they've stuck with them even though their past 15 years have been pretty humiliating for them. Yeah, they've got plenty of idiots but all big city clubs do. They've got a very strong sense of identity & use that 'everyone against us' mentality very well. I like it.

Been very impressed with their team too - no big money signings in there, just a very strong team ethic. Goes to show that the modern fixation with splurging cash on 'Premiership experience' isn't necessary. I'd be shocked if they didn't finish top 2.

Leeds are vermin along with the support. Yesterday I was walking through Park farm shops when I heard some prat singing marching on together, I turned around and this drunk pleb with a can in his hand was walking past people singing and then telling them to fook off, the wife gripped my arm and stopped me from walking over to have a chat with him. 

On 11/01/2019 at 22:20, Millenniumram said:

I hope so but I’m not seeing it. Switching formations like nobody’s business and just panicking and hoofing it at the moment. I’m struggling to see an identity. Id accept it if we were trying to play good stuff on the deck, but we haven’t been for a long time. Least that’s not what’s translated to the pitch.

Maybe the players just aren’t capable. But I ain’t seeing much lampard way at the moment.

I disagree. I think it's pretty clear that the intent is to play a high intensity passing game playing out for the back. However recently sides have managed to effectively target that we aren't completely set up to do it consistently and we are a few players short of it being consistent.

The hoofing isn't the plan but it's what we end up getting forced to do due to opposition pressing and the midfield balance not being right.

Archived