We don’t all f’in hate Leeds!!!

Alph

What a coherent and balanced view @Alpha ?

I’m a Leeds fan (cue abuse) and after watching last night’s game was a little bewildered by Derby. I haven’t seen much of you this season but it appeared that tactically you haven’t progressed much since the first game of the season. I think you are doing well to be in and around the playoffs (as a club of your size should be) but what is the overall impression that Derby fans have of your team and manager ?

Judging by your bench last night, does Lampard know his best 11, formation or tactics ? There were a lot of attacking players (new signings I believe) on that bench. Was it a bench selected to hopefully come on and chase the game ? Surely you can’t have been that poor all season ?

Do you have faith in Lampard as the man to move you forward ? God knows as Leeds fans we have seen a succession of utterly garbage, inept coaches/managers and wasted season after season with them. Do you think Lampard will learn and improve ?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right... I claim more hurt than the lot of you put together. Im the only one in my family that supports Derby. The rest are all Leeds. Ive put up with this way of life for fifty years. Right the way through Giles, Bremmner and Revie, to bleedin Lee Champman, Howard Wilkinson and Gordon Whingbag, onto the intellectual years of Bowyer, Woodgate and Smiffy. 

It would take an essay to explain the bullying gone on from my quarters towards me. Ive even been made to EAT a Derby County match programme as a kid, made to sleep in Leeds Effin United pajamas because its all we had, had Leeds footballs bounced off my head during meal times, told that im the black sheep and on and on....

I can catergorically tell you my hatred of this club knows no end. Its so so deep I even want Forest to beat them. 

So, Derby County this season can duck right off. This is hideous beyond words. I cant even begin to explain. Go on and win the next three games by all means. Wont matter one jot to me. Unless we get automatic promotion my season ended last night and those out on the park for us can just go and do one... 

And the hardest bit of all is that Alpha is right. They were better than us by a million miles in both games. They play in a style that is 100% everything i want Derby to be.... 

Meh...football....hate it. 

Oh, and the best manager Derby ever had for me was Nigel Clough who judt kept on beating them....

I don't disagree with your sentiments at all @Alpha , Leeds were excellent. 

I'm just getting fed up of these types of displays over and over again, rolling down the years.

This season it's Leeds. Last season it was Wolves and Fulham. Season before that it was Brighton. Teams getting it right.

It's never Derby and to be honest I sat there watching it thinking I've had enough of this season already. The last few games have told me we are no better prepared for the play offs or promotion that we were under Rowett. In fact the last few games the football hasn't been any better either.

The loan signings aren't lifting us as we hoped they would, Wilson's goals apart. No fault of them, they're young and learning as well as the manager and half the side.

Eleven games ago we beat Birmingham 3-1. It was a terrific second 45 minutes. That was the last time in my opinion I cam away thinking "we've done really well there". Norwich was different, a freak game and result, and everyone is due the credit they deserved for that last 10 mins.

But performances against Villa, Stoke, Forest, Sheff U, Wigan, Bristol City, were poor. Boro was ok. 

Testing times at the moment.

But yes, Leeds were superb.

17 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I don't disagree with your sentiments at all @Alpha , Leeds were excellent. 

I'm just getting fed up of these types of displays over and over again, rolling down the years.

This season it's Leeds. Last season it was Wolves and Fulham. Season before that it was Brighton. Teams getting it right.

It's never Derby and to be honest I sat there watching it thinking I've had enough of this season already. The last few games have told me we are no better prepared for the play offs or promotion that we were under Rowett. In fact the last few games the football hasn't been any better either.

The loan signings aren't lifting us as we hoped they would, Wilson's goals apart. No fault of them, they're young and learning as well as the manager and half the side.

Eleven games ago we beat Birmingham 3-1. It was a terrific second 45 minutes. That was the last time in my opinion I cam away thinking "we've done really well there". Norwich was different, a freak game and result, and everyone is due the credit they deserved for that last 10 mins.

But performances against Villa, Stoke, Forest, Sheff U, Wigan, Bristol City, were poor. Boro was ok. 

Testing times at the moment.

But yes, Leeds were superb.

But do you think you have the right man in charge ?

At Leeds we wasted a decade employing coaches/managers (Hockaday FFS) that would never get us up. Look what has happened when we employ a world class coach. It is also essentially the same squad as last year. 

Leeds were good,much better than us.

I don’t hate Leeds but they will always be dirty cheating Leeds.

When I started going to the BBG 40 odd years ago my Dad instilled in me that Leeds were dirty cheating scum bags.

Norman Hunter’just a dirty sod’.

So there’s no rationale behind it,it’s just one of those things.

Same as my Dad started talking me to support Derby and I always will,Leeds will always be dirty cheating scumbags.

Bloody good team though and they should win the league.

Same as we will always be sheep shaggers,I’ve never had sex with a sheep and I would hope no other DCFC fan has.

Doesn’t stop us being sheep shaggers though?

21 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

It's never Derby and to be honest I sat there watching it thinking I've had enough of this season already

My feeling exactly. Each season there are three teams who seem to come from nowhere and achieve what we consistently fail to do. Never mind Leeds, what about ducking Leicester! Or even pissing Watford, enjoying watching Will Hughes in the Prem every week. I'm getting serious bridesmaid fatigue!

Completely agree with the OP though. Bielsa has achieved in a few weeks, with a net spend of sweet fa, what seems completely beyond us with our wasted millions. I hope they go up, they deserve it, but I wish we could learn something from them that will shift us out of this rut.

We need an identity and a cohesive purpose, and to realise that a winning team isn't just a collection of fancy players. Early season, Frank seemed to be imposing his style and his methods, but it's vanished and I'm not sure why. 

30 minutes ago, Mr Pants said:

At Leeds we wasted a decade employing coaches/managers (Hockaday FFS) that would never get us up. Look what has happened when we employ a world class coach. It is also essentially the same squad as last year. 

I’ll give an answer that I’m starting to doubt it myself. I like frank as a person and I think his ideals are good and that’s why I was up for bringing him in. But it’s not translating to the pitch. We don’t look like a team with an identity, and frankly we’re drifting further and further from good football, and closer and closer to aimless hoofball as the season wears on. Things are getting worse, not better. We still haven’t learnt how to stop/defend crosses for instance. Whatever we’re coaching in training isn’t working. It’s painful watching our defensive organisation at times, and it just isn’t improving. I could understand this season being a transition season if it actually looked like we were transitioning to a proper team.

Which it did for a bit in October- sure we were conceding a fair few stupid/own goals, but we were playing with a defined style, we were creating chances by playing it about on the deck. Now we seem to have shifted away from that in an attempt to improve our defence.. but now we’re just still conceding goals without scoring to make up for it. It’s been painful to watch for a while these aimless lumps to Marriott tbh. And these stupid slow starts as well, we’ve conceded the first goal in 60% of our matches! 60! Team needs to wake the duck up and start actually showing some desire and focus, it’s all well and good showing bounce back ability but you’ve gotta show it from minute one.

So no I for one am not entirely convinced we have the right man in charge because we simply see the same issues week in, week out with no improvement and we’re drifting further from any style of play. But there remains the argument that perhaps this team just isn’t capable. Individually I’m not convinced at our midfield for instance, so maybe once that’s been rebuilt we’ll be better. I guess we have to decide whether frank is showing enough progress as the season wears on to be worth keeping. I mean some of his signings have been excellent (Marriott and Holmes) but equally some others like josefzoon and Evans replacing Huddlestone don’t give me too much optimism. I don’t know really, I really don’t. I guess we just have to see whether things improve, and if they don’t, we move on. We want to see progress this season that’s all, at the moment I’m seeing regression.

Think your latter point is a good case in point for us as well, people moan we sack too many managers but where are they all now? Hardly gone onto bigger and better things have they? Cause they’re poo and that’s the problem, we can’t see to find the right man. Here’s hoping frank turns it around with an easier run of fixtures and is that man, but  last couple of months have made me unsure.

Great post, @Alpha.

I agree with @angieram. I would kill for an atmosphere like that at Pride Park. Our away support is usually alright in terms of volume but we offered nothing last night, partly because the team gave us nothing to sing about and partly because the Leeds fans were far better than us.

Don’t get me wrong; it wasn’t like that at Elland Road a few years ago when they were an unstable, bottom-half side. But every team has glory-hunters. I have far more respect for the devoted, come-rain-or-shine Leeds/Forest/Burton/Villa/etc fans than I do for any part-time, fair-weather Derby ‘fans’.

Oh, and by the way, I’ve lost all respect for Bielsa now. Use to like him but now, because of Spygate, I ducking hate his stupid mannerisms that have all the football hipsters creaming themselves. Sitting on a stool. What the duck is that?

Frank may be the manager but Jody is in charge of the coaching and given came because he would be working with the defence as well as gk. 

They've all got excellent pedigree. But maybe this season has come as a surprise in terms of the attrition levels of the championship. 

We've had injuries- long term ones. We haven't been able to move on all of the dead wood. Some of the squad have had major form dips. The budgets been tight. 

No wonder Frank looks a bit glum. He's also been knocked back in trying to get ampadu. He's not that used to struggle and maybe there's a deal of frustration as well if some of the squad just aren't getting what's asked of them. 

Has he done a post match interview yet?

1 hour ago, Mr Pants said:

That's a great question, and we've gone through our fair share of managers of late. I guess you never know until you know!

That said, I'm happy with Frank. He's made a few mistakes of late (only in my opinion) regards tactics and personnel (for example, last night was always going to be a physical encounter where we saw little of the ball yet no sign of Bradley Johnson, Tom Huddlestone or, until late in the day, Martyn Waghorn. And guess what? We were just brushed off the ball with ease and had no contol of it when we had it).

But he has played the game at the highest level and has a winner's mentality. He must have learned from some of the great managers he has played under and even has them on his phone to turn to for advice.

I'm sure he'll be looking at these displays with the same frustration as the rest of us. He'll also probably look at them and think he needs six new players in who are better than those already there, including pretty much a whole new back line. 

Is he the right man? No idea; I really hope so. In any case, I'd prefer him to any of the others we've had in recent times.

Yer but, yer but, yer but... Great post mate. They were excellent in every way. Not often you see teams play so cohesively. They were an irresistible force and unfortunately we were a movable object. I think they are away and gone as far as the league is concerned. They are different class to anyone else we've played this year and that's with 2-3 key players still to come back. Still hate the ******** mind! 

Archived