We don’t all f’in hate Leeds!!!

Alph

Apart from their keeper. He was so dirty I thought he was... one of us actually.

High team pressing still in the 85th minute when 2-0 up. Remember when we had intense pressing?

In trouble, surrounded by Derby players? Well here comes 3 teammates grafting like hell to give you an option

Cooper, a CB, hits a pass. He’s not admired it. He’s sprinted a few yards to support the pass. Wait! They’re all doing it!!! Infact their CB’s are better than our midfield.

Loose ball rolling out of play? Nah, it’s the Mick McCarthy style battle for every throw. Don’t give anything up. Right from start to finish.

Kemar Roofe. I bet he sleeps at night. Selfless. His work for his team is something else. Even by Leeds current standards. 

Just an all round display of incredible hard work and more importantly the simplest ingredient of playing for your teammate. Those players looked like they would sprint on broken legs to support the next man. 

They were basically everything we were headed towards but we’ve really got a bit lost. We’re carrying a few individuals. A few bottle jobs. The pressing has gone and there’s team spirit... but not on that level. We however were dirty Derby. They should have had penalties and some of the crunching tackles were less commitment to the team and more pure frustration. I’m not saying we’ve got none of the qualities Leeds have. But we haven’t got enough. And you saw from the way Jannson, Alioski, Clarke and Co did shine that individuals do get their moments when the simple stuff opens up.

I kind of enjoyed Leeds tonight. Their players reactions, the tackles they put up with. I thought they were spot on. Feels wrong but well done to them. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Apart from their keeper. He was so dirty I thought he was... one of us actually.

High team pressing still in the 85th minute when 2-0 up. Remember when we had intense pressing?

In trouble, surrounded by Derby players? Well here comes 3 teammates grafting like hell to give you an option

Cooper, a CB, hits a pass. He’s not admired it. He’s sprinted a few yards to support the pass. Wait! They’re all doing it!!! Infact their CB’s are better than our midfield.

Loose ball rolling out of play? Nah, it’s the Mick McCarthy style battle for every throw. Don’t give anything up. Right from start to finish.

Kemar Roofe. I bet he sleeps at night. Selfless. His work for his team is something else. Even by Leeds current standards. 

Just an all round display of incredible hard work and more importantly the simplest ingredient of playing for your teammate. Those players looked like they would sprint on broken legs to support the next man. 

They were basically everything we were headed towards but we’ve really got a bit lost. We’re carrying a few individuals. A few bottle jobs. The pressing has gone and there’s team spirit... but not on that level. We however were dirty Derby. They should have had penalties and some of the crunching tackles were less commitment to the team and more pure frustration. I’m not saying we’ve got none of the qualities Leeds have. But we haven’t got enough. And you saw from the way Jannson, Alioski, Clarke and Co did shine that individuals do get their moments when the simple stuff opens up.

I kind of enjoyed Leeds tonight. Their players reactions, the tackles they put up with. I thought they were spot on. Feels wrong but well done to them. 

I used to like you Alpha.

They are bunch moaning, cheating, mardy, diving *********.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

I think that's the plan to be honest. It's just we are few players in key areas and a bit of time away from getting it.

I hope so but I’m not seeing it. Switching formations like nobody’s business and just panicking and hoofing it at the moment. I’m struggling to see an identity. Id accept it if we were trying to play good stuff on the deck, but we haven’t been for a long time. Least that’s not what’s translated to the pitch.

Maybe the players just aren’t capable. But I ain’t seeing much lampard way at the moment.

Apart from their keeper I think the only thing dirty about them tonight was their kit. Covered in blood, sweat and tears. 

I don’t like them as a club but the team they’ve put out against us this season has been full of graft, intelligence and skill. A proper team with threats from everywhere because it’s not one mans job to do the fancy bits. 

As a fan of football I can’t hate that. That’s what I want here. They certainly can’t be described as a boring possession side. Possession is just a product of graft and intelligence. Skilled players no doubt but we’ve got skilled players. 

Just can’t see that performance as anything other than impressive. Obviously we helped by poohing in our pants and thinking that it was a Serie A game of chess. Derby got it good tonight. I’m not glad we lost but I’m kind of hoping we take some lessons from this. Our stupid gutless performance for much of the game didn’t deserved to go unpunished again. The stupid punching, hospital passing, solo dribbling, casual defending and the fooking bottle job head tennis!!!! Totally outclassed and out worked. I didn’t want us to lose at all but you learn a lot from defeat sometimes. In life you learn best from mistakes. So maybe this will make us a better team. 

I mean when Carson punched that I said “I hope they score from this!!”..... I was gutted when they did but there’s been a lot of daft stuff we have been getting away with. I like the team and the manager. I think we are on a good path. But while we keep getting away with the stupid play displayed at the end of the Swansea game, the Villa game, Forest, at Norwich then are we really going to take the next step.

The defeat at Bolton for example didn’t anger me so much because we were trying to do the right things. We just got caught out. And for an hour vs Swansea we earned that win. But that last half hour lead into the next games. Winning at Norwich... in that game we showed both our faces. Every time we had a bit of aggression in us we got in the game. Then as soon as we stopped being brave and started lazily knocking it on, solo dribbling then Norwich came back. Right at the end they hit the bar due to our stupid head tennis, hoof ball under no pressure, lazy passing etc. 

We constantly have these moments of passive play. The first 30 mins vs Norwich wasn’t actually one of them. In fact a portion of the second half tonight wasn’t either. But Leeds never stopped. Nobody got casual. Nobody showed up to look pretty. Not for 1 second. Even during our best spell they continued to stick to the plan. They had to adjust tactically to see us off but every player served the team. 

30 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think that's the plan to be honest. It's just we are few players in key areas and a bit of time away from getting it.

Yeah! I think this game could be a turning point for us. They did what we want to do and we did what a typical Leed side is supposed to do. 

Its a pain it had to be Leeds. But yeah, if we get where Lampard wants us then I hope you enjoyed Leeds some way tonight because that’s hopefully what we’ll look like. Everything Lampard has said he values was on the pitch tonight. Wearing white. 

I don’t wish them success. I don’t like them. Just thought they were truly outstanding.

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Apart from their keeper I think the only thing dirty about them tonight was their kit. Covered in blood, sweat and tears. 

I don’t like them as a club but the team they’ve put out against us this season has been full of graft, intelligence and skill. A proper team with threats from everywhere because it’s not one mans job to do the fancy bits. 

As a fan of football I can’t hate that. That’s what I want here. They certainly can’t be described as a boring possession side. Possession is just a product of graft and intelligence. Skilled players no doubt but we’ve got skilled players. 

Just can’t see that performance as anything other than impressive. Obviously we helped by poohing in our pants and thinking that it was a Serie A game of chess. Derby got it good tonight. I’m not glad we lost but I’m kind of hoping we take some lessons from this. Our stupid gutless performance for much of the game didn’t deserved to go unpunished again. The stupid punching, hospital passing, solo dribbling, casual defending and the fooking bottle job head tennis!!!! Totally outclassed and out worked. I didn’t want us to lose at all but you learn a lot from defeat sometimes. In life you learn best from mistakes. So maybe this will make us a better team. 

I mean when Carson punched that I said “I hope they score from this!!”..... I was gutted when they did but there’s been a lot of daft stuff we have been getting away with. I like the team and the manager. I think we are on a good path. But while we keep getting away with the stupid play displayed at the end of the Swansea game, the Villa game, Forest, at Norwich then are we really going to take the next step.

The defeat at Bolton for example didn’t anger me so much because we were trying to do the right things. We just got caught out. And for an hour vs Swansea we earned that win. But that last half hour lead into the next games. Winning at Norwich... in that game we showed both our faces. Every time we had a bit of aggression in us we got in the game. Then as soon as we stopped being brave and started lazily knocking it on, solo dribbling then Norwich came back. Right at the end they hit the bar due to our stupid head tennis, hoof ball under no pressure, lazy passing etc. 

We constantly have these moments of passive play. The first 30 mins vs Norwich wasn’t actually one of them. In fact a portion of the second half tonight wasn’t either. But Leeds never stopped. Nobody got casual. Nobody showed up to look pretty. Not for 1 second. Even during our best spell they continued to stick to the plan. They had to adjust tactically to see us off but every player served the team. 

Some post that - agree with every word. 

I really hate Leeds with a passion, begrudgingly I’d also say everything about their pressing game I’d love.

In fact, I reckon if they had a Jack Marriott in their squad and maybe someone like Wilson, they would be truly special for this league. Whereas for us, I’d totally agree with pretty much both of Alphas post’s. We also look a bit square peg in round holes and whilst we sometimes get away with it, against a better team like Leeds tonight, it showed.

Dont want to really single Evans out, but I’m lost why Thorne as gone out. Whilst the young kid can improve, he’s a long way to go to match G.T. Hopefully he will come good though and so can we. Far more winnable games than tonight coming up.

Can we concentrate on the goalkeeper incident. If we talk about it long enough we can all convince ourselves that he should have been sent off and we would have gone on and won the game. Also the spy  gate incident ruffled our ‘professional’ players feathers and also cost us the game. 

We weren’t out played at all. This is what cost us the game. Now come on everyone get on the same hymn sheet ffs!!

Part of me is glad that he has come to the championship and proved these dinosaur pundits wrong, wish it was a different club than Leeds though. He was linked with Swansea a few years ago and these dinosaur pundits said wtf does this Bielsa fella know about our proper English football? Why not go for a proper Englishman who knows English football like Gary Rowett, Sam Allardyce or Alan Curbishley who knows the league. These foreigners don’t understand our football.

Yeh let’s completely ignore what Guardiola, Simeone and Pochettino said about Bielsa being one of the best managers. You know you’re good when Sir Alex Ferguson said it was an honour to play against you(when Bielsa’s Athletic Bilbao side battered Sir Alex Ferguson’s English champions Man Utd at the time).

Clowns, these dinosaur pundits will never learn though, they said the same about Nuno last season when he first joined, BuT EnGlAnD iS tOuGh AnD FoReIgNeRs DoNt UnDeRsTaNd It.

Clowns.

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

I sort of hate their fans. 36,000 of them and they never shut up getting behind their team. Singing, shouting, howling their derision at us, the Derby players, the referee.  Absolutely intimidating and joyous at the same time.

Just jealous!

Archived