• Created
  • Last Reply

3-5-2? 

Carson

Evans    Keogh    Tomori 

Holmes          Huddlestone        Malone

Wilson          Mount

Waghorn      Marriott 

Adds another defender, gets two up front and our best midfield.  A few noted that Holmes doesn’t score or assist enough, could be an option as a wing back.

Scrap this DM formation, Evans not the answer and is too lightweight, Huddlestone too slow, needs a strong character in that position, like eustace was or Thorne in his prime

new fullbacks needed too, Lowe got torn one by a kid making his full debut and wisdoms form is awful at the moment

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

3-5-2? 

Carson

Evans    Keogh    Tomori 

Wilson          Mount

Waghorn      Marriott 

Adds another defender, gets two up front and our best midfield.  A few noted that Holmes doesn’t score or assist enough, could be an option as a wing back.

I would be happy with this even tho i prefer holmes down the middle its a shame hes not that bit bigger because you could have him in the huddlestone roll 

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Apart from the previous league game against Boro when he was MOTM...

Hes awful tho always gets beaten easy and never works back and hes slow as anything. when hes right back he only ever looks down the line. No where else but hes better when left back because he only look right he achually finds cm in space, he would be alot better cb then rb! 

15 minutes ago, McLovin said:

3-5-2? 

Carson

Evans    Keogh    Tomori 

Wilson          Mount

Waghorn      Marriott 

At least they would give it a go.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Let’s decide at some point in the next 6 games if the formation is right or not. We’re 6th FFS!

That's because, like us, most around us are inconsistent. Honestly, it's not because we have been good.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Let’s decide at some point in the next 6 games if the formation is right or not. We’re 6th FFS!

True but our trajectory is flat; we are treading water and I suspect our “true” position is 8th at best. No disgrace but we’re finding our level. 

Bang on! If you can't pass, intercept and react quick to get the second ball, no amount of formation chopping and changing is going to help.

I've also noticed that we seem so bad at anticipating where the ball will land when it's up in the air/ using common sense to get into good positions to win the second ball and this means we're always on the back foot. I'm really bad at explaining it but it's like we are chasing shadows.

7 hours ago, goldstar said:

Bang on! If you can't pass, intercept and react quick to get the second ball, no amount of formation chopping and changing is going to help.

I've also noticed that we seem so bad at anticipating where the ball will land when it's up in the air/ using common sense to get into good positions to win the second ball and this means we're always on the back foot. I'm really bad at explaining it but it's like we are chasing shadows.

Its true but the last 4/5 games when he changes to 442 it helps us going forward marriott is just exposed every game when we play with 1 up top our midfield are far to deep 

Archived