Max lowe is not as good as people think he is.

DanS1992

45 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Off day for a lot tonight, Lowe got torn a new one tonight

I felt sorry for the lad, because he was offered no cover by Lawrence and found himself marking two players most of the match. Having said that, he's not a left-back, he's a talented attacking left-sided midfielder player. Maybe can play a left central midfield role as well?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit that, whilst I'm an advocate of using players from our academy, Lowe has failed abysmally after being given a chance to make the left back slot his own. We're in a tough spot now because we didn't bring him back from Aberdeen to sit in the reserves, but his last two performances don't warrant a place in the squad. He will get more chances between now and the end of the season and he must show much more than he has so far if he wants to cut it at this level.

Lets be honest he’s absolutely garbage... if we’d signed him from another team for £500k or so we’d be slating how poor he is & what a waste of money.

Because he’s come through the academy we kid ourselves into thinking he’s the next big thing, just like we did with lee holmes, miles addison & pablo mills who were equally poo & equally bigged up to being the nexy big thing

if we signed max lowe ... our fans would be going berserk at how crap he’s been 

It'll be interesting to see how Jack Clarke develops over the coming months. Maybe Lowe was up against a real talent.

Lowe has potential and its one of those dilemmas, do you let him play 10 games to see if he grows into the role or discard him because of one bad day at the office.

Jeff and Will were given games because we couldn't afford to buy anyone, there was a game or two when they looked a bit average but they got the chance to play and ended up as good Premier League players and more than paid for the investment in the spied upon academy.

If it weren't for the snake, Will would be playing one twos with Mount on the edge of opponents penalty boxes and we'd be 10 points clear at the top.

Not seen enough of the lad to really say how good he is, or is going to be. The one thing that surprised me though, was how easy he was beaten each time when it was obvious what Clarke was going to do. Every time he went down the outside and yet Lowe was still on the back foot and therefore couldn’t keep up with him.

That said, the whole team was poor, Leeds were pushing the full backs so high it meant the wingers couldn’t helpnout as they were marking them, and as we couldn’t retain the ball it was relentless resulting in us being so bad

Sounds daft but i didn't think their winger that was that great.

we were so narrow in the first half that he had acres of space. We never laid a glove on him all match and in the end he went off with cramp. Not sure Lower had much support as Lawrence seemed to drift central.

having said that, i think max is seriously over-rated. 

1 hour ago, DJFern94 said:

Max Lowe is at risk of becoming a Bennett/Hanson. These next few "easy" games are a real chance for him to show us what he is about. 

He hasn't come back to the best teams to play. 

He isn’t going to play in these so called easier games because we have a choice - not great choices but better choices 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Sounds daft but i didn't think their winger that was that great.

we were so narrow in the first half that he had acres of space. We never laid a glove on him all match and in the end he went off with cramp. Not sure Lower had much support as Lawrence seemed to drift central.

having said that, i think max is seriously over-rated. 

That winger was a full back wasn’t he? 

6 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

That winger was a full back wasn’t he? 

Clarke was the duck ugly kid winger i was referring to.

ayling was the right full back.

alioski caused poblems on the other flank from full back, wing back, winger, whatever he was.

I know Lowe is rubbish as I watched him plays twice vs Leeds and he was no good init.

Pretty much the whole team were poor in both Leeds games, but I know the others can play well as I seen them do it.

I've never seen Lowe play well in all the 2 games I've seen him in. Get rid.

PS I'll be the first moaning if he does well at another club. I was probably moaning in the Autumn when he way getting rave reviews up north and we had no fit lbs.

Archived