'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the Leeds manager a Marxist or something, that would explain a lot on this thread.. 

Seriously though bar taking the pee out of our resident SJW.. Let this go ffs, we sound tin pot.. Maybe we are tin pot.

Who gives a poo if they watched a training session..

We lost the game in the first minute with Wisdoms foul, that set the tone for the rest.. 

We just sound like another bunch of victims.. I suppose that’s life nowadays.. 

The hypocrisy of football fans is that if we would have done that, we would be pissin ourselves laughing and bigging  up Frank.

Head shake.

16 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Is the Leeds manager a Marxist or something, that would explain a lot on this thread.. 

Seriously though bar taking the pee out of our resident SJW.. Let this go ffs, we sound tin pot.. Maybe we are tin pot.

We lost the game in the first minute with Wisdoms foul, that set the tone for the rest.. 

The hypocrisy of football fans is that if we would have done that, we would be pissin ourselves laughing and bigging  up Frank.

Head shake.

I think you're probably right @Angry Ram. Frank took a fence that their spy tried to damage our fence. Time to move on. The FA and EFL are aware of the facts. Let them deal with it as they see fit. If we get too embroiled in it then it could derail our season even more. 

21 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Head shake.

Maybe you would. I’d be pretty embarrassed and hoping to god it’ll blow over with no ramifications. 

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I think you're probably right @Angry Ram. Frank took a fence that their spy tried to damage our fence. Time to move on. The FA and EFL are aware of the facts. Let them deal with it as they see fit. If we get too embroiled in it then it could derail our season even more. 

‘Even more’. Did I miss something? Has our season been derailed. 

I think you might be mixing is up with forest, or perhaps stoke. One loss does not a derailed season make. 

Just now, TigerTedd said:

‘Even more’. Did I miss something? Has our season been derailed. 

I think you might be mixing is up with forest, or perhaps stoke. One loss does not a derailed season make. 

It hit the buffers Friday. Fair play maybe derailed is the wrong turn of phrase. If we let it become a big issue then it will affect us more than it did our preparations on Friday. I've done the emotions of initial shock, then anger, then frustration that we fell for it. I'm over it now. Time to concentrate on the rest of the season.

It's another thread we confuse us talking about it, to the wider world taking an interest.

By Southampton, no one outside this forum will be bothered anymore, and we'll probably have bored of the topic too.

It's not tinpot or petty to discuss it here, it's the perfect place seeing as it has limited visibility to the wider world, it won't derail our season either.

It's a fun object of discussion for a few days is all, and us talking about it doesn't mean DCFC as a whole are dragging it on.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Is the Leeds manager a Marxist or something, that would explain a lot on this thread.. 

I have no idea, although I believe he does give a lot of money towards training for young kids in Argentina. 

I think he's a really interesting character, as well as an incredible manager, and I'm inclined to believe that he genuinely doesn't see this as cheating. You can either try to understand why that is, or just go with the clickbait.

I have no interest in defending Leeds as a club, it has nothing to do with that. I am concerned that we could make ourselves look like hypocrites and bad losers, but that's a separate issue in a way too. 

On 12/01/2019 at 18:40, Lambchop said:

Nebulous and open to interpretation, if there is nothing specific about observing a rival training. I think, like RamNut says, it depends what lengths he went to to gain access. 

The whole idea of training 'in secret' seems a bit daft to me anyway; it hadn't occurred to me that that was even a thing.

Accept the 'lengths he went to' argument but why is the notion of training in secret daft? Everyone does or tries to. This is the reason that players, managers etc are banned from betting on football. It's insider knowledge. Set piece routines, team selection and formation, defending space or zones, fitness of key players, the list goes on. Having a team know in advance how we'll approach a game is a massive and unfair advantage, least in my fuddled head! And spying just ain't cricket!

Listen, why don't we practice with the wrong team!!!!

We can get the real players walking around in plaster casts, or limping, some with bandages 

showing etc., 

In fact we could even have a pretend fight between Lamps and Jodie which spills out

onto the pitch. 

Meanwhile, Shay could be riding around the perimeter  in drag, (he's always struck me as looking a bit hard)

imagine the shock when he jumps off the bike and kick's the poo out of any strangers.

3 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Why don't you listen to his own comments in the press conference, which I've already posted. 

My personal feeling is that he's just an obsessive collector of data. As he says, he has far more information than he can possibly analyse anyway. 

You obviously believe all the crap in his press conference, including the part about the club not knowing and that it is all down to him, yet you don't believe that Frank didn't know that staff at Chelsea were guilty of doing the same!

35 minutes ago, ossieram said:

You obviously believe all the crap in his press conference, including the part about the club not knowing and that it is all down to him, yet you don't believe that Frank didn't know that staff at Chelsea were guilty of doing the same!

I have no idea whether Leeds knew what he was doing, and I haven't commented on that. 

The stuff at Chelsea was in the public domain, so how could Frank have not known about it?

Somebody has really been missing those political threads ?

This is just a bit of panto.  Leeds are the villains. We are booing and hissing at them.  Football is an entertainment, moaning about your rivals is part of that.  Nothing more.  Getting all serious about ‘hypocrisy’ is just seeking to suck the fun out of it for those  people who want to shout for the hero (Derby in this case).  Nobody sits in the theatre shouting for the villain... if you do, you’ll probably get boo’d yourself.  

Also, we aren’t going to look tinpot as the only people debating it are in here.  The media has had its say. The authorities will ‘handle’ it.    Nobody thinks the club has overreacted in reporting it.  The world has moved on.  We should really stop thinking anybody gives a **** about what is being debated on here.

52 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Somebody has really been missing those political threads ?

This is just a bit of panto.  Leeds are the villains. We are booing and hissing at them.  Football is an entertainment, moaning about your rivals is part of that.  Nothing more.  Getting all serious about ‘hypocrisy’ is just seeking to suck the fun out of it for those  people who want to shout for the hero (Derby in this case).  Nobody sits in the theatre shouting for the villain... if you do, you’ll probably get boo’d yourself.  

Also, we aren’t going to look tinpot as the only people debating it are in here.  The media has had its say. The authorities will ‘handle’ it.    Nobody thinks the club has overreacted in reporting it.  The world has moved on.  We should really stop thinking anybody gives a **** about what is being debated on here.

Confused. Are we really 'tinpot' for discussing it? Sorry if we've offended your sensibilities mate. Blimey!

Archived