'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Frank had been cute, seeing as they'd seen the same bloke before the reverse fixture, Leeds would have lined up expecting Keogh in midfield, a back two of Hunt and Tomori, and Mount and Lawrence as full backs.

With Carson leading the line upfront alongside Marriott, Waghorn, Holmes, Jozefzoon and Sibley.

13 hours ago, reveldevil said:

If Frank had been cute, seeing as they'd seen the same bloke before the reverse fixture, Leeds would have lined up expecting Keogh in midfield, a back two of Hunt and Tomori, and Mount and Lawrence as full backs.

With Carson leading the line upfront alongside Marriott, Waghorn, Holmes, Jozefzoon and Sibley.

Given what happened in the match and how we played Revel, we may as well have lined up like that mate. 

18 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Which rule, exactly?

You can't ban something and then punish offenders retrospectively. 

Well its actually covered by "treating other clubs with uttermost good faith" "Protecting the integrity of the competition" "unsportsman like conduct" clearly scummy Leeds with your awfully indecent manager have broken at least 1. All Leeds will ever be linked with is cheating, never winning anything fairly. They were in the past and it looks like they have found a manager personality that matches the the values of the club personally I have always hated Leeds more than any other club (Forest included) this fuels that more, they deserve to be docked points and an example made of. 

I can understand fans making fun of the binoculars but even one of their players di it which is just a disgrace. Leeds showing once again they have no class. Just a vile club that breeds cheats and dishonesty. They deserve everything they get. 

If they do get promoted I'm sure Cloughie will be looking down thinking exactly what he said 40 odd years ago. You might as well throw your medals away already...

16 hours ago, Boycie said:

Waiting for the racist card to be played as it’s normal behaviour in other cultures apparently.

It already has according to a previous post on this thread,  well at least xenophobia.

You are right. The press had it in for rooney all along and nothing is said,  when its sterling its suddenly racist.

There doesn't so far seem to be any indication that he was inside the training facility.

if so, then we are starting to look a bit silly.

25 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

If they do get promoted I'm sure Cloughie will be looking down thinking exactly what he said 40 odd years ago. You might as well throw your medals away already...

I wonder if Frank will be handing back the medals he won at Chelsea when Mourinho was using AVB as a spy. 

Pure hypocrisy, I'm afraid. 

Just now, RamNut said:

There doesn't so far seem to be any indication that he was inside the training facility.

So if there is nothing to be gained from using binoculars outside the training ground then why do it? And why carry pliers? Incase you get a unusually tough steak at the local pub?

Surely intent is an issue also.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I've watched Bielsa's press conference, and I believe him. It was just a bloke looking through a fence, gathering information, because that's what everyone does. 

I think we're going to end up a laughing stock if we continue to make a big deal out of this. 

2 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I wonder if Frank will be handing back the medals he won at Chelsea when Mourinho was using AVB as a spy. 

Pure hypocrisy, I'm afraid. 

If you worked for a company for say 15 years and found in retrospect the owner had been convicted of tax evasion would you hand all the money you earnt back?  Also despite not knowing this tax evasion went on would it preclude you from being critical of other tax evaders in the future? 

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

If you worked for a company for say 15 years and found in retrospect the owner had been convicted of tax evasion would you hand all the money you earnt back?  Also despite not knowing this tax evasion went on would it preclude you from being critical of other tax evaders in the future? 

Why do you assume Frank wouldn't have known? 

4 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Why do you assume he did?

Guilty until proven innocent? 

8 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Has anything like this happened to you before? “No. and I don’t care if it’s cultural and it happens in another country.”

20 minutes ago, RamNut said:

“The training stopped because the police came on the training ground”

What about the wider issues this incident may present? This apparently is normal behaviour in Argentina. . What else of a more serious nature could be considered ' normal' in Argentina? We all know the bribing of officials was rife in Italy a few years ago which resulted in top clubs being relegated.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Has anything like this happened to you before? “No. and I don’t care if it’s cultural and it happens in another country.”

“The training stopped because the police came on the training ground”

Well, it has happened because his own manager openly employed AVB for that very purpose. 

And who called the police? And has anyone been arrested or charged with anything?

Sorry, but to make out that this huge and unprecedented breach of sporting etiquette has occurred is completely disingenuous.

Mourinho was smuggled in to give team talks when he was banned ffs! Did Frank refuse to listen because it was against the rules?

2 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

It seems more likely because it seems it's widespread. Various players etc coming out now and talking about it, now Sky have finished sensationalising it. 

Storm in a teacup. 

But you dont know yet you state it as fact.

Seems a dangerous approach if you ask me to jump to a conclusion based on little evidence.

Where is your evidence its widespread?  Because bielsa says it happens back home and an ancient article on avb?

What is fact is leeds where caught thats factual,  you are just making assumptions to support your comments.

I have no issue with you saying its not a big deal. But to state as fact lampard had been complicit in the same activity he is complaining about, with no proof, is disgraceful.

Archived