'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the £200k fine is for spying on us and Leeds proclaimed they spied prior to every other prior game that season (not sure how many but 20+), surely the fine should be £200k for each game so around £4million. Then it feels more like an appropriate punishment.

Plus, if the fine is specific to our game, then clearly we should get the money.

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Biggest bunch of losers in football. The absolute state of that. 

I think it’s fair to say there has been a fair bit of co-operation/negotiation with Leeds in terms of what the punishment would be. You’d think the best thing is just accept it and move on wouldn’t you?

The only thing I can add to it is I’m surprised Bielsa hasn’t been charged individually with something like ‘bringing the game into disrepute’. But I guess Leeds accepting the fine, the reprimand and being cooperative for future rulings has helped them sweep it all under the rug.

Like I say, you’d think common sense would tell you just to move on very quickly...

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

If the £200k fine is for spying on us and Leeds proclaimed they spied prior to every other prior game that season (not sure how many but 20+), surely the fine should be £200k for each game so around £4million. Then it feels more like an appropriate punishment.

Plus, if the fine is specific to our game, then clearly we should get the money.

I think if the letter that was signed by 11 clubs ended up having a few more signatures then you would have seen a much bigger punishment and possibly at that point a points deduction could have been an actual real possibility.

I think by only having 11 clubs sign it then the punishment could only be limited because it wasn’t in the leagues interest to do so? So they had to act on the evidence provided rather than investigate any further. Don’t know, that’s largely guesswork but I imagine if 23 clubs signed a letter like that then there would be a case for a huge investigation.

25 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think if the letter that was signed by 11 clubs ended up having a few more signatures then you would have seen a much bigger punishment and possibly at that point a points deduction could have been an actual real possibility.

I think by only having 11 clubs sign it then the punishment could only be limited because it wasn’t in the leagues interest to do so? So they had to act on the evidence provided rather than investigate any further. Don’t know, that’s largely guesswork but I imagine if 23 clubs signed a letter like that then there would be a case for a huge investigation.

Maybe if they'd waited until season's end they'd have had their 23 signatures.....

Bielsa got intercepted ?

10 hours ago, nottingram said:

Well this is quite the deterrent.

They have received a formal reprimand and a warning and Leeds have promised not to do it again. Since we all know Leeds are one of the most trustworthy clubs in Englan I dont think we'll be seeing them spying round here again anytime soon.

23 minutes ago, GenBr said:

They have received a formal reprimand and a warning and Leeds have promised not to do it again. Since we all know Leeds are one of the most trustworthy clubs in Englan I dont think we'll be seeing them spying round here again anytime soon.

I hope they do reneg on that promise. Then they’ll have no defence, and a points deduction will be the only option. Alas I don’t think they’re that stupid. 

6 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

I must say, it was easily worth £200K just to see Frank Lampard almost in tears having a hissy fit live on national telly. Bueno.

Lampard’s “hissy fit” live on national TV was easily worth the weeks of Yorkshire twitchy bums, tears and cries of “but we broke no rules”. Throw in the hilarious Gofundme I’ve not had to watch a single episode of Emmerdale for a couple of months now. EE bah gum it’s been great I tell ya.

9 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

I must say, it was easily worth £200K just to see Frank Lampard almost in tears having a hissy fit live on national telly. Bueno.

I must say, it was easily worth seeing Frank lampard almost in tears having a hissy fit live on national telly, to see how your form has dropped since then. And you're 200k lighter. Haha Leeds scum.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Lampard’s “hissy fit” live on national TV was easily worth the weeks of Yorkshire twitchy bums, tears and cries of “but we broke no rules”. Throw in the hilarious Gofundme I’ve not had to watch a single episode of Emmerdale for a couple of months now. EE bah gum it’s been great I tell ya.

This as well. 

Archived