'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be odd that if it were Leeds, that they'd send one spy the day before a game. What about everything else we've been working on this week? There haven't been any reports that I know of of Leeds spying on anybody else, why would they be so worried about us specifically?

It's most probably someone interested in watching training and taking it a little far, but because of the game tomorrow, conclusions are jumped to prematurely. Would the same concerns be written about if we had Ipswich tomorrow?

However if it is a Leeds tactic, then that's got to be a 20 point deduction minimum I reckon.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It would be odd that if it were Leeds, that they'd send one spy the day before a game. What about everything else we've been working on this week? There haven't been any reports that I know of of Leeds spying on anybody else, why would they be so worried about us specifically?

It's most probably someone interested in watching training and taking it a little far, but because of the game tomorrow, conclusions are jumped to prematurely. Would the same concerns be written about if we had Ipswich tomorrow?

However if it is a Leeds tactic, then that's got to be a 20 point deduction minimum I reckon.

However, it is a Marcelo Bielsa tactic. http://trainingground.guru/articles/marcelo-bielsa-tactics-and-philosophy-of-a-cult-manager

'While working in his native country, the Newell's coach used to hire local youth footballers to climb the fences or trees adjoining rival training grounds to spy on the opposition and report back on their potential starting XIs ahead of matches.'

Could be and probably is just a kid messing about and trying to get into training, as you say, but it isn't the greatest look.

4 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

However, it is a Marcelo Bielsa tactic. http://trainingground.guru/articles/marcelo-bielsa-tactics-and-philosophy-of-a-cult-manager

'While working in his native country, the Newell's coach used to hire local youth footballers to climb the fences or trees adjoining rival training grounds to spy on the opposition and report back on their potential starting XIs ahead of matches.'

Could be and probably is just a kid messing about and trying to get into training, as you say, but it isn't the greatest look.

How much can you learn from one bloke at a distance that requires binoculars? You wouldn’t even be able to hear the conversations. If they want to know how we play aren’t they better off watching and analysing every game we’ve played this season?

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

How much can you learn from one bloke at a distance that requires binoculars? You wouldn’t even be able to hear the conversations. If they want to know how we play aren’t they better off watching and analysing every game we’ve played this season?

He'd know whether wilson was training; whether we were going to play one up front or two etc etc 

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

No I agree, and it wouldn't be exactly useful if they were watching a shooting drill or something, but I guess there is some value in seeing specifics in terms of tactics and personnel for a certain match. I think there's a very important element to this though, Bielsa is absolutely mad. Would not put anything past him.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

conclusions are jumped to prematurely.

The Police made reference to "spying is cheating" and "hope Derby win at LUFC"

not sure they'd have posted that unless is was a Leeds spy.

Brucies got a new job at Sheff Wed,  Transfer window open. You know his obsession with our transfer targets from the Villa days .   We must have someone on trial .  Except Wednesday to offer him 10 million a week by Saturday and Brucie to be wandering around the undergrowth at Moor Farm till the end of the month with a David Bellamy beard.  

Archived