'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

The problem is, it is unprecedented. You can’t not have a rule for something and then throw the book at someone for breaking a rule that doesn’t exist. Realistically, all anyone can do is fine them a nominal amount on a trumped up ‘not acting in the utmost good faith’ charge, and then create a rule and say, ‘if anyone else ever does this, then these are the sanctions they can expect.’

his attitude about it absolutely stinks though. When questioned last night if he plans to continue doing it, he didn’t deny it. Clearly he’ll keep doing it til someone officially tells him to stop. 

I’m the same, to be honest. My wife’ll be like ‘we’re not supposed to be here.’ But I’ll reply, ‘we don’t know that for a fact, there are no signs up, so until someone officially tells me to leave, I’m not going anywhere.’ No point volunteering to stop doing what you’re doing if it’s ambiguous whether or not there’s a rule against it, it’s for the authorities to clarify the rule and expressly tell you to stop. 

The problem with this is that it has broken the FA's own child protection rules has the club has U18 players training.There by the Fa is duty bound to investigate and act of the rules have been broken....the police seem satisfied he was not a threat...but all clubs from elite too grassroots know these rules.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I can gather, the guy was on public property and didn't trespass? So dont we need to improve our barriers a bit?

But Frank made a comment about him having pliers and said there was someone in the bushes for the first game. Do we think "in the bushes" means that particular bloke was trespassing? And was the pliers comment tongue in cheek?

1 minute ago, StringerBell said:

From what I can gather, the guy was on public property and didn't trespass? So dont we need to improve our barriers a bit?

But Frank made a comment about him having pliers and said there was someone in the bushes for the first game. Do we think "in the bushes" means that particular bloke was trespassing? And was the pliers comment tongue in cheek?

No, he apparently had pliers to cut through the fencing.

Seriously...if the man in the bushes or the recent spy were outside the perimeter then its hard to argue that they did anything wrong. Any of us might stand there and watch the training.

but other reports suggested he was inside the training facility. If he cut the perimeter fence to get in then thats a completely different matter.

the facts are still unclear. The police were called but on what basis did they intervene? Did the guy admit to being from Leeds or was it traced to Leeds because of his car?

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Seriously...if the man in the bushes or the recent spy were outside the perimeter then its hard to argue that they did anything wrong. Any of us might stand there and watch the training.

but other reports suggested he was inside the training facility. If he cut the perimeter fence to get in then thats a completely different matter.

the facts are still unclear. The police were called but on what basis did they intervene? Did the guy admit to being from Leeds or was it traced to Leeds because of his car?

The bbc story quotes Lampard saying, “I've never heard of going to a training ground on your hands and knees with pliers trying to break into private land to watch.”

implying thags what the guy was doing, or intending to do.

whatever justification there is for simply hanging out and looking through the fence, if it’s true he had pliers with him, that’s intent to break in, and that’s crossing a serious line. That’s illegal, full stop. And the training ground is essentially a school too... that’s properly dodgy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46850155

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

We need clarity on this.

we need @TigerTedd to come out with a full and frank disclosure.

Whatever I did, my wife takes full responsibility, it’s completely normal in her country. I’m not sorry at all, but understand that other people are angry about it. They need to grow a pair and stfu. 

Now I just need my translator to translate that into something slightly more palatable. 

3 hours ago, Carnero said:

4 points from Sheff U (a), Boro (h), Norwich (a), Leeds (a) - I think most realists would have taken that.

Yes I would have settled for 4 points but I wanted them from 4 draws against those teams 

we were easily beaten vs Sheffield and Leeds and the Norwich game we benifited from a floodlight failure and bora had far to many chances against us 

18 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Whatever I did, my wife takes full responsibility, it’s completely normal in her country. I’m not sorry at all, but understand that other people are angry about it. They need to grow a pair and stfu. 

Now I just need my translator to translate that into something slightly more palatable. 

You and your wife disrupted our training session. 

4 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

The problem is, it is unprecedented. You can’t not have a rule for something and then throw the book at someone for breaking a rule that doesn’t exist. Realistically, all anyone can do is fine them a nominal amount on a trumped up ‘not acting in the utmost good faith’ charge, and then create a rule and say, ‘if anyone else ever does this, then these are the sanctions they can expect.’

his attitude about it absolutely stinks though. When questioned last night if he plans to continue doing it, he didn’t deny it. Clearly he’ll keep doing it til someone officially tells him to stop. 

I’m the same, to be honest. My wife’ll be like ‘we’re not supposed to be here.’ But I’ll reply, ‘we don’t know that for a fact, there are no signs up, so until someone officially tells me to leave, I’m not going anywhere.’ No point volunteering to stop doing what you’re doing if it’s ambiguous whether or not there’s a rule against it, it’s for the authorities to clarify the rule and expressly tell you to stop. 

I understand your wife's concern. I can assure you that while very unsavoury and morally very wrong....going for a night out in Nottingham is not illegal although I would recommend being tested for serious infections. 

FL says same bloke in same clothes was seen filming training before our home game. It was assumed it was a fan.    If , as their manager claims, this is a habitual part of his/their preparation for games then it needs to be stopped and it would be nice if some sanctions were applied. It is hardly 'gentlemanly conduct'...…..   and is a far cry from analysing videos.     An apology from owner to owner is not enough. The FA needs to give this some careful consideration . 

38 minutes ago, Cjay said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8590660/Chelsea-manager-Andre-Villas-Boas-is-an-analyst-who-leaves-nothing-a-chance.html

This stuff goes on, other pros have admitted it, so for Frank to pretend he has never heard of it in this country before is daft. 

So because Frank played for Jose he must have known about it? Well Frank and all your players are a bunch of tossers as well then.

In terms of sportsmanship, what constitutes an unfair advantage? Having ten times the budget, and being able to afford better players and facilities, higher wages etc?

Having tactical information is only an advantage if you're actually capable of making use of it. We knew exactly how Leeds were going to play and it made not the slightest difference. 

As for Bielsa, at least he was honest. There's definitely a large dose of hypocrisy going on here. 

Whilst I think it is a bit of a storm in a teacup, it would be funny to see if the shoe was on the other foot and Leeds were at the receiving end of this.

35 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

FL says same bloke in same clothes was seen filming training before our home game. It was assumed it was a fan.    If , as their manager claims, this is a habitual part of his/their preparation for games then it needs to be stopped and it would be nice if some sanctions were applied. It is hardly 'gentlemanly conduct'...…..   and is a far cry from analysing videos.     An apology from owner to owner is not enough. The FA needs to give this some careful consideration . 

I ain't got a problem with it to be honest

All well and good saying it always used to happen. Football has changed, tactics can play an even bigger part and any advantage you can gain is vital. I don't like the devious underhand nature of it and I don't like the arrogance of the man about it. Yet I don't really see what he could possibly gain. Diving has already become a regular issue in this country, are we now having a free for all on spying? 

Even it show it shouldn't have got to us, it clearly did, thus Leeds gained an advantage, just not in the way planned!

Archived