'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

2 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

turns out we're not one of the top teams in the league and there's lots of work to do. 

disappointing, from the direction we looked to be at in a few games earlier this season, but looking at the squad at the end of last year and the rebuild needed this shouldn't be a huge surprise. 

sorry this was for the match thread!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Bielsa is a magician. Roofe and Cooper were comedy to watch last season now they're good players? Spying or not, the bloke is nothing short of a genius! 

Interestingly, he's taking twice as many shots to score this season (3), as he did last season (1.5) - so perhaps its simply that more chances are being created for him? 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Bielsa is a magician. Roofe and Cooper were comedy to watch last season now they're good players? Spying or not, the bloke is nothing short of a genius! 

He's a genius yes. But it wasn't really wise for him to send spies, because now he could end up hurting his own team with the poo storm that will follow from it. Brilliant manager, but his nickname isn't El Loco for nothing...

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

He's a genius yes. But it wasn't really wise for him to send spies, because now he could end up hurting his own team with the poo storm that will follow from it. Brilliant manager, but his nickname isn't El Loco for nothing...

No, definitely not. The punishment will be next to nothing though & they've got the three points. 

He gets the last laugh, unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

No, definitely not. The punishment will be next to nothing though & they've got the three points. 

He gets the last laugh, unfortunately. 

It'll be interesting to see what punishment they dish out, because this is pretty unprecedented in England, and he's openly admitted to doing it. They might go for a more strict punishment because if they don't then other clubs will start doing it.

Didn't Man Yoo have an issue at Carrington years ago?

What has happened leaves a bitter taste but I find his attitude the sticking point.

Let's not lie, every club would seek an advantage and we all push the rules whether by choice or by instruction, it's been going on since the game started, longer grass, watering a pitch etc.

Is anyone actually shocked by that club though? It's like the spirit of Revie has done a Patrick Swayze In ghost and gone balls deep in Bielsa.

To be fair if we were the better team we’d win regardless. They can come away thinking “we know derby are going to play x formation  & x players” but lets face it if we were formidable we’d beat them regardless by being too good. We simply wernt

Fair enough it stinks a bit but the better side won 

8 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Take your 3 points, your reasoned debate and general all round reasonableness, and don't darken our doorstep again.

Until you come back on to congratulate us on our play off final victory come the end of the season!

It pains me to say it, but you're by far the best team in this league this season.

Go on and win it.

Were they the previous three games?

Analyse this. If we had drawn away to Norwich and Leeds, everyone would have admired us for it. Two points, thank you, against the top two teams in the league. As it turns out, we won at Norwich and lost at Leeds. Three points.

Yes we were very poor yesterday, and Frank got it wrong, the players weren’t at it, and Wilson was out. At Norwich, he got it right and the players raised their game (eventually!).

Let’s keep things in perspective. Also we have not heard the last of spygate. Oh no. Bielsa admits he did wrong, but, hey, it’s not illegal, so eat me. Not just the act, but the guy’s attitude is going to have severe repercussions. It has to.

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

It'll be interesting to see what punishment they dish out, because this is pretty unprecedented in England, and he's openly admitted to doing it. They might go for a more strict punishment because if they don't then other clubs will start doing it.

The problem is, it is unprecedented. You can’t not have a rule for something and then throw the book at someone for breaking a rule that doesn’t exist. Realistically, all anyone can do is fine them a nominal amount on a trumped up ‘not acting in the utmost good faith’ charge, and then create a rule and say, ‘if anyone else ever does this, then these are the sanctions they can expect.’

his attitude about it absolutely stinks though. When questioned last night if he plans to continue doing it, he didn’t deny it. Clearly he’ll keep doing it til someone officially tells him to stop. 

I’m the same, to be honest. My wife’ll be like ‘we’re not supposed to be here.’ But I’ll reply, ‘we don’t know that for a fact, there are no signs up, so until someone officially tells me to leave, I’m not going anywhere.’ No point volunteering to stop doing what you’re doing if it’s ambiguous whether or not there’s a rule against it, it’s for the authorities to clarify the rule and expressly tell you to stop. 

21 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

The problem is, it is unprecedented. You can’t not have a rule for something and then throw the book at someone for breaking a rule that doesn’t exist. Realistically, all anyone can do is fine them a nominal amount on a trumped up ‘not acting in the utmost good faith’ charge, and then create a rule and say, ‘if anyone else ever does this, then these are the sanctions they can expect.’

his attitude about it absolutely stinks though. When questioned last night if he plans to continue doing it, he didn’t deny it. Clearly he’ll keep doing it til someone officially tells him to stop. 

I’m the same, to be honest. My wife’ll be like ‘we’re not supposed to be here.’ But I’ll reply, ‘we don’t know that for a fact, there are no signs up, so until someone officially tells me to leave, I’m not going anywhere.’ No point volunteering to stop doing what you’re doing if it’s ambiguous whether or not there’s a rule against it, it’s for the authorities to clarify the rule and expressly tell you to stop. 

Is it not bringing the game into disrepute? 

The most startling thing about it was how brazen he was, actually taking kudos. Sticking two fingers up at this country actually. 

32 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Analyse this. If we had drawn away to Norwich and Leeds, everyone would have admired us for it. Two points, thank you, against the top two teams in the league. As it turns out, we won at Norwich and lost at Leeds. Three points.

4 points from Sheff U (a), Boro (h), Norwich (a), Leeds (a) - I think most realists would have taken that.

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

4 points from Sheff U (a), Boro (h), Norwich (a), Leeds (a) - I think most realists would have taken that.

Yes and no. It’s not a particularly impressive points haul. I’d have certainly been very disappointed with anything less than 4pts. But given the opposition are all above us in the league for a reason, we could’ve lost them all, so it could’ve been worse. 

Only West Brom above us to play now. So we’ve got all the hard games out of the way. If we can sort out our consistency issues against the ‘lesser’ teams, then we should be able to crack on from here and establish ourselves comfortably in the play offs. 

Jim Smith style unbeaten run coming up. I’ll accept nothing less than maximum points, with maybe a draw against West Brom. 

A Leeds statement said: "Following comments made by Marcelo Bielsa on Friday, the club will look to work with our head coach and his staff to remind them of the integrity and honesty which are the foundations that Leeds United is built on.

"Our owner Andrea Radrizzani has met with Derby County's owner Mel Morris to formally apologise for Marcelo's actions."

Integrity and honesty?! Brazen BS. Now everyone knows it’s a crock of shizzle. Leeds are built on shizhousing same as Chelsea, the crazy gang and anything touched by Pulis, Warnock, Fry etc etc.

A Leeds statement said: "Following comments made by Marcelo Bielsa on Friday, the club will look to work with our head coach and his staff to remind them of the integrity and honesty which are the foundations that Leeds United is built on.

Lol.

fookin dirty cheating scumbag Leeds! 

Unreal.

Archived