'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Jermaine Jenas on Five Live calling for a points deduction, despite being a red dog... 

Points deduction helps everyone in the league, tbf

Something surely has to be done otherwise after this what's to stop clubs just doing it for every game? They could literally have a team of analysts stand outside the training ground if there is no punishment at all.

It'll be strange for the EFL/FA because this isn't something they have ever had to deal with, so I can understand the tentative statement put out initially. But after the admission and reaction from Lampard and other professionals, they're surely going to have to treat it as a real issue rather than something they'll just "leave up to us".

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Points deduction helps everyone in the league, tbf

And we’re more than halfway through the season, so it’s very likely that everyone has been effected by this. 

Funny that in the interview with their player he’s saying, ‘he’s a genius, if we know the opposition do lots of crosses, we practices defending crosses, if they press, we practice passing round a press.’

So you’re telling me a man who sets his training and his team up based on the tactics of each opposition is going to gain anything from a spy at the training ground. 

That interview was mad - Bielsa casually admitting to spying And saying he’s done it in the World Cup. Absolutely mental. TIP: Maybe concentrate on learning English rather than sending spies to other clubs. THE FA need to clamp on this matter.

It’ll be interesting to see if this now stops him doing it, and if that makes a difference on their second half of the season. 

Oh, id love them to nose dive from here, and see their best chance in a decade to get promoted slip away, bielsa leaves realising he can’t win now he can’t cheat, and Leeds end up looking at the prospect of another 10 years in the championship.  

turns out we're not one of the top teams in the league and there's lots of work to do. 

disappointing, from the direction we looked to be at in a few games earlier this season, but looking at the squad at the end of last year and the rebuild needed this shouldn't be a huge surprise. 

37 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

What has annoyed me about this incident is that it totally got into our heads and that's where we truly lost it.

We may have lost it anyway, but I feel angry we let this affect us.

Clearly the case and we shouldn't have let it happen, but that's tough.

I don't expect it, but I hope the League reverses the result and awards us the points.

I think Frank Lampard has to remember where he made his name.

Chelsea FC.

He talks about how whats acceptable in one country isnt acceptable in another

Fair enough, Didier Drogba was famous for his diving, did Frank mind that?

How about AVB whose job at Chelsea was "Assistant Scout".

What he did for Jose was "disguise himself and secretly watch opposition training sessions and make notes and report back to Jose". This is a matter of fact its been reported before.

Did Frank mind that?

Chelsea vs Bayern Jose illegally snuck into the Chelsea dressing room to give instructions, was that not wrong to?

I can understand why Lampard would be upset but his outrage didnt presumably stop him scoring the pens Drogba dived for or listening to Jose when he illegally gave messages or presumably taking instructions from AVBs scouting missions.

Its fine being outraged but not when its hypocrisy.

6 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Chelsea FC.

What he did for Jose was "disguise himself and secretly watch opposition training sessions and make notes and report back to Jose". This is a matter of fact its been reported before.

Did AVB just stop doing this when he became a manager? Or did he get someone else to do it on his behalf?

Chelsea vs Bayern Jose illegally snuck into the Chelsea dressing room to give instructions, was that not wrong to?

I can understand why Lampard would be upset but his outrage didnt presumably stop him scoring the pens Drogba dived for or listening to Jose when he illegally gave messages or presumably taking instructions from AVBs scouting missions.

I quoted myself by mistake, meant to edit.

1 minute ago, Cjay said:

Chelsea FC.

Did Frank mind that?

Take your 3 points, your reasoned debate and general all round reasonableness, and don't darken our doorstep again.

Until you come back on to congratulate us on our play off final victory come the end of the season!

It pains me to say it, but you're by far the best team in this league this season.

Go on and win it.

Archived