'suspicious' man outside Derby County's training ground

minesahartington

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

As in the match in August?

Yes, he said it was the second time it has happened this season as they found someone in the bushes before the first game. Makes you wonder how many times he’s done it this season init and why the first time this happened it wasn’t disclosed.

Thing is if this is acceptable then the fa/efl should demand all clubs can send a representative to any training session of other clubs.

Looks like they didn't pursue the first "spy" (before our home game v them) enough to definitely link him to Leeds, so at best it would have been "suspected" Leeds spy!  This time, they've had the guy detained long enough to identify him... and his employer.

I (now) get the impression DCFC were probably expecting this unexpected visitor, and prepared to "catch him at it"!  If that's the case, Good on 'em, I say!  They (Leeds) deserve all the flak coming their way.  Illegal or not, it's pure bad sportsmanship... or cheating, if you will!

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

He's being very cute saying that it was his responsibility and that the club didn't know - so the league can't really punish the club now, any more than they could if a player was caught betting on a game, or any other type of individual misdemeanour

I'm not sure that would prevent the FA/EFL from punishing the club.

The reaction from pundits etc. is all a bit interesting, it's a lot more serious than I expected it to be. I understand Frank being annoyed on a personal level but the general reaction is quite heavy. I wasn't expecting the FA/EFL to do anything of note but this might spiral a bit.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Thing is if this is acceptable then the fa/efl should demand all clubs can send a representative to any training session of other clubs.

That’s the thing. If it wasn’t immoral, why would he need to sneak around. If you’re sneaking around, you know you’re doing wrong, and you expect to get punished if you’re caught, end of. 

3 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

He's being very cute saying that it was his responsibility and that the club didn't know - so the league can't really punish the club now, any more than they could if a player was caught betting on a game, or any other type of individual misdemeanour

Very good point that. I suppose the best way to negate that is to ban him for a set period but how you stop him influencing the team is another question. Very interesting to see how this pans out. Probably be swept under the carpet. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I'm not sure that would prevent the FA/EFL from punishing the club.

The reaction from pundits etc. is all a bit interesting, it's a lot more serious than I expected it to be. I understand Frank being annoyed on a personal level but the general reaction is quite heavy. I wasn't expecting the FA/EFL to do anything of note but this might spiral a bit.

That’s true. I’m considerabjy more angry now the pundits have riled me up a bit. Hopefully I’m not the only one and they’ve struck a chord with a few important decision makers. 

They absolutely can punish the club. Ultimately bielas is their employee and they’ve got to manage him. If his actions have given the club an advantage, then the club gets the book thrown at them. 

God I really hope we spank them now. I’ll be ducking livid if we loose. 

Archived