David Nugent

Nuwtfly

46 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

It takes time to build a style and time to build a squad - This season is a gimme - If we finish in the playoffs and have a few good games that's just a bonus - This is just the transition season

But is he looking to build or borrow? This is not a transition season, unless next season is too as we'll be missing 3 of our better players.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

But is he looking to build or borrow? This is not a transition season, unless next season is too as we'll be missing 3 of our better players.

I assume a little of both

Tomori was brought it mainly as support I think - Davies started the season and Tomori came in when he was injured

Mount and Wilson obviously fit the style he wants and their quality helps ease the pressure on the rest of the team as they adapt

Next season I would imagine we'll see some additions which fit the style he wants to play with a major clear out in the summer - And a couple of loan players who are a quality level a little above

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

He signed Jack Marriott - I'll happily finish 10th this season and not complain (too much) because he signed Jack Marriott

We're 6 months in - As my old man likes to remind me a certain legendary manager of our club finished lower in his first season than the previous manager had the year before...

It takes time to build a style and time to build a squad - This season is a gimme - If we finish in the playoffs and have a few good games that's just a bonus - This is just the transition season

Oh i know, trust me I’m the biggest advocate of giving managers time 

all im saying is that imo I think frank will look at himself over the summer when there’s a time to reflect on his first season in management 

I think his dream is to create a total football ethos at the club when he came in

he may himself realise it may not be wholely possible in this division with the players available to him in the market we’re in and to try and attain success may end up moving his own goalposts in regard to his pass no matter what philosophy 

just playing devils advocate really 

Maybe he won’t 

56 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Will we though?. For me Mount and Tamori are nowhere near getting into the chelsea 1st team so could well be here next season. I agree though that Wilson will be gone, even if it's not at liverpool I can see him getting a move to a good prem side.

8 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Will we though?. For me Mount and Tamori are nowhere near getting into the chelsea 1st team so could well be here next season. I agree though that Wilson will be gone, even if it's not at liverpool I can see him getting a move to a good prem side.

There's no guarantee, either way. But then I've been underwhelmed with some of FLs buys. ?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

True, but only Jack is anywhere near the mark for me. ?

He's been a find and a half tbh. Holmes is coming good for me too. Not too keen on Malone atm so 2 out of 3 ain't too bad. Not counting the loans obviously which i'm happy with, although I'd get a new cb and stick Tamori at full back, see how he gets on there

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's no guarantee, either way. But then I've been underwhelmed with some of FLs buys. ?

Marriott-Waghorn-Jozefzoon-Holmes-Malone and Evans. A lot of money spent on the first two but I’ll reserve judgment on all of them except  Marriott who looks a decent buy.

17 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

It’s something Iv been thinking about

basically Frank seems to want us to plane playing this total utopia football 

thing is, we’re not Man City and we don’t have the resources or players that can do it 

even the signings that he’s made that he judged to be able to help implement said ideas are mixed at delivering Said footballing philosophy... so maybe beige needs to sit down and work our what is a better balance between his total football and successful football in terms of negotiating a way out of this league 

What's total utopia football? Is it like total football only nobody ever loses so we're all happy and smiley? Not sure Derby fans are ready for that kind of malarkey tbh. And who is beige? Are you referring to our Frank's permatan? Might be an outlandish concept, but what I think what Frank is looking for is for highly paid professional footballers to be able to pass a ball, preferably to someone wearing the same colours. We've done it quite well at times this season or have I imagined that?

6 hours ago, 86 points said:

What's total utopia football? Is it like total football only nobody ever loses so we're all happy and smiley? Not sure Derby fans are ready for that kind of malarkey tbh. And who is beige? Are you referring to our Frank's permatan? Might be an outlandish concept, but what I think what Frank is looking for is for highly paid professional footballers to be able to pass a ball, preferably to someone wearing the same colours. We've done it quite well at times this season or have I imagined that?

Beige - frank 

not sure how and why autocorrect does that tbh 

when I say a total football utopia 

i mean, total football, passing out from the back at all costs 

All I’m saying is frank may perhaps want to sit down end of season and reassess if that style of football can be successful in this division with the players we have, the players available to us and the market of players available to us.

he may decide to mix it just that little bit more... he may not 

I’m merely as I said playing devils advocate 

it will be interesting to see what happens 

he’ll have a summer window with where hopefully there might be a little more wriggle room on the wage bill with certain players running out on their contracts so it’ll be interesting to see what path he goes down with player recruitment 

Archived