Nuwtfly

David Nugent

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Not sure I agree with most people here. He’s been good off the bench recently, I’m not sure what more people expect from a back up forward.

I’m all for shifting players who aren’t getting a look in, but players that are getting minutes and performing, I’m not sure I agree with that. He also seems like a great character in the dressing room

I think hes a great character and hes performed OK.

But its possible FL still hasnt hit his target regarding the reduction of the wage bill, and eventually you run out of players who are pure deadwood to get rid of to that end - you have to start letting people who have some use go, if they're not critical to the team.

Edited by SaintRam

11 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Not sure I agree with most people here. He’s been good off the bench recently, I’m not sure what more people expect from a back up forward.

I’m all for shifting players who aren’t getting a look in, but players that are getting minutes and performing, I’m not sure I agree with that. He also seems like a great character in the dressing room

To not miss two of the easiest chances you'll ever hope to have, potentially costing us 4 points in the process.

He's a good guy, obviously tries very hard and is good for the dressing room. However, his usefulness is fast leaving him. So, hopefully we can free up the wages to someone who can contribute more on the pitch. Wish him all the best, and would happily offer him the job as Rammie when he does retire.

Edited by Srg

48 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Might be that a few come in towards the end of the window once we have shifted quite a few out. I would rather bring a couple of quality loans in who will improve what we already have.

Agreed, but we would still give ourselves a lot of work to do in the summer in terms of replacing up to 5 loan players. As good as three have been for us this season, that’s the downside. We can’t rely on loans as a long-term plan, it’s a way that a team’s overall quality fluctuates so much from season to season.

Regardless of opinions on the players individually though, letting players such as Nugent and Bryson go would be more good work from Lampard in trying to build a younger squad with a smaller wage bill.

Just now, lukedcfc said:

Who would we replace him with, we would need real quality if so. Maybe Michy batshuayi, frank get on the phone and get him in. Wishful thinking I know, but this would indicate our intentions. He probably wouldn't drop down a league but you never know.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Who would we replace him with, we would need real quality if so. Maybe Michy batshuayi, frank get on the phone and get him in. Wishful thinking I know, but this would indicate our intentions. He probably wouldn't drop down a league but you never know.

Christ. He's playing for Borussia Dortmund, why on earth would a Belgian international want to come to Derby? 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Christ. He's playing for Borussia Dortmund, why on earth would a Belgian international want to come to Derby? 

Just had his loan terminated at Valencia, his stock isn't high right now. 3 goals in 20 odd games. 

6 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Just had his loan terminated at Valencia, his stock isn't high right now. 3 goals in 20 odd games. 

His stock might not be high, but he's still easily going to be able to get a loan at a mid table Premier League club or a club in any other top league.

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

His stock might not be high, but he's still easily going to be able to get a loan at a mid table Premier League club or a club in any other top league.

True, the same could be said about Mitrovic and he went to Fulham. If our intentions are top 2 then a signing like batshuayi would be needed. I did say wishful thinking btw.

We won’t let him go, he effects our games in a different way to how he used too, he’s lost his touch in the way he scores goals but he’s comes on and chasers putting defenders under pressure, if we can replace him with someone who comes on and will score a few then yes otherwise keep him us!

Pretty sure Waghorn can play up top? not that desperate to replace.

If we can even get 250k - 500k for him its more than we will get in the summer? 

He comes on, runs about, and is largely ineffective. Yes he gets the odd assist, but in front of goal hes terrible. Hes cost us in both games against Boro with one on ones. Bottled the chance v Chelsea and missed a sitter v Bristol.