David Nugent

Nuwtfly

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Shouldn’t have to ‘do’ anything. If they’re fouled the pen should be given, shouldn’t have to go down properly get to it. Going down to try and win a penalty is not the way football should be going, refs need to be better. There’s been some right blatant ones missed.

i am joking..

i presume theres a few still in the post chrimbo grumps.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi
On 10/01/2019 at 17:51, cheron85 said:

For a chap who seems to think he knows about football you'd think Nixon would know that generally when a player is 33 and approaching the end of his contract he will consider a LOWER wage than he's currently on... Can't imagine Nuge is strapped for cash so the enticement of a couple more years at a decent level at a club he has a history with would be enough to play for - He's never struck me as a mercenary

When we signed Darren Bent he was 31 and I'm pretty sure we didn't pay him the reported £65k per week he was on at Villa...

I don't know why we give this Nixon fella the time of day. He seems like a total clown.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

got hull a penalty yesterday....none of our current lot seem to be able to do this properly!

Saw a few highlights on Quest. There was an earlier pullback on him in the box where a penalty claim was turned down. Didn't the commo guy on Quest in one Hull attack comment along the lines of Martin  getting into the box at pace? He looks fit and even seems to have gained pace - but he still doesn't do the headless chicken running the channels, so I doubt FL will be interested.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Saw a few highlights on Quest. There was an earlier pullback on him in the box where a penalty claim was turned down. Didn't the commo guy on Quest in one Hull attack comment along the lines of Martin  getting into the box at pace? He looks fit and even seems to have gained pace - but he still doesn't do the headless chicken running the channels, so I doubt FL will be interested.

Sadly not....yet,we still need that ball holding up to give the team time to regroup sometimes and I'd love to see the likes of Marriott,mount and Wilson bombing in off his layoffs..

One of the few sad things about lamps,not holding onto Martin until he recovered..

But,it's not as though waghorn,his replacement,is getting a lot of use either.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That about sums you up, "headless chicken" running the channels

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

But,it's not as though waghorn,his replacement,is getting a lot of use either.

Don't get that deal at all. Marriott was a no-brainer as were the other incomings (whether they're good enough is a different topic) but Waghorn was a big financial gamble that wasn't necessary imo, and surely that's backed up by the little game time he gets?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't get that deal at all. Marriott was a no-brainer as were the other incomings (whether they're good enough is a different topic) but Waghorn was a big financial gamble that wasn't necessary imo, and surely that's backed up by the little game time he gets?

Indeed, this is the most confusing transfer.  Most people on here said at they time that they didn't know where he would fit in to the 433 system that was already apparent.

It seems Lampard isn't sure himself either. 

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Saw a few highlights on Quest. There was an earlier pullback on him in the box where a penalty claim was turned down. Didn't the commo guy on Quest in one Hull attack comment along the lines of Martin  getting into the box at pace? He looks fit and even seems to have gained pace - but he still doesn't do the headless chicken running the channels, so I doubt FL will be interested.

Uh oh, do I detect the beginning of another manager mutiny?

Just now, David said:

Uh oh, do I detect the beginning of another manager mutiny?

Nah, just post-honeymoon doubts! ? I do wonder if FL will need to compromise on his ideas (not that I'm 100% sure what they are!) to get us out of this league. It'd be interesting to hear how he thinks the realities of managing at Championship level tie in with his original perception.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nah, just post-honeymoon doubts! ? I do wonder if FL will need to compromise on his ideas (not that I'm 100% sure what they are!) to get us out of this league. It'd be interesting to hear how he thinks the realities of managing at Championship level tie in with his original perception.

Wouldn’t like to pull your name out the hat in the secret santa, difficult one to please! ?

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I wouldn’t say it’s backed up with the game time as our best performances have been when he’s played on the right of the forward 3.

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

I wouldn’t say it’s backed up with the game time as our best performances have been when he’s played on the right of the forward 3.

Well that only means it's more confusing as he doesn't appear to be first choice there? 

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol! Promotion would do it. ? 

How many marks out of 10 would you give FL up to now then?

Personally, I'd give him 7/10. For saying he's only just starting out and has things to deal with, with regards squad age, size and having to change the mentality of the players whilst also cutting the wage bill. And still getting performances out of them most of the time and well in the play off hunt after a total ball bag of a run of top teams to play over xmas. I reckon he's doing just fine. He needs a few seasons imo. I think Mel will give it him, not sure some of the 16 year old managers at the ground and on here will though.

8 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Personally, I'd give him 7/10... I think Mel will give it him, not sure some of the 16 year old managers at the ground and on here will though.

Yeah I'd go 7/10, any less is churlish any more is over optimistic.

I'd have thought he's got at least this/next season and then it'll depend on how much we have progressed forward. It will be interesting to see how the squad changes next season for sure.

3 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

as i said,they are doing it wrong then!!

Stop making mischief, LOL! Are you saying Homeless should have headbutted the Leeds keeper's boot in a different fashion?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          ?giphy.gif

16 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

It’s something Iv been thinking about

basically Frank seems to want us to plane playing this total utopia football 

thing is, we’re not Man City and we don’t have the resources or players that can do it 

even the signings that he’s made that he judged to be able to help implement said ideas are mixed at delivering Said footballing philosophy... so maybe beige needs to sit down and work our what is a better balance between his total football and successful football in terms of negotiating a way out of this league 

16 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

I agree. I still don't think Waghorn is fully fit. I think Lampard is keeping him in cotton wool.

He will emerge and score 10 goals in the remaining games, leading to promotion and ultimately world domination.

23 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He signed Jack Marriott - I'll happily finish 10th this season and not complain (too much) because he signed Jack Marriott

7 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

basically Frank seems to want us to plane playing this total utopia football 

thing is, we’re not Man City and we don’t have the resources or players that can do it 

even the signings that he’s made that he judged to be able to help implement said ideas are mixed at delivering Said footballing philosophy... so maybe beige needs to sit down and work our what is a better balance between his total football and successful football in terms of negotiating a way out of this league 

We're 6 months in - As my old man likes to remind me a certain legendary manager of our club finished lower in his first season than the previous manager had the year before...

It takes time to build a style and time to build a squad - This season is a gimme - If we finish in the playoffs and have a few good games that's just a bonus - This is just the transition season

Archived