David Nugent

Nuwtfly

3 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

I've not checked so I could be wrong, but Robbie Savage was surely pre FFP. Savage was just a good player for us when we had a lower end of the championship side and clearly Nigel Clough rated him as Savage did say Clough saved his career. 

Absolutely... It was pre FFP. But the principle remains. Savage took a pay cut in exchange for a contract extension... This allowed Clough space in the budget to sign players. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

I've not checked so I could be wrong, but Robbie Savage was surely pre FFP. Savage was just a good player for us when we had a lower end of the championship side and clearly Nigel Clough rated him as Savage did say Clough saved his career. 

....and delayed his dreadful media appearances so let's be thankful for that, if nothing else

18 hours ago, Gritty said:

I suspect we are looking like breaching FFP quite a bit this year (on wages alone we would have breached last year if it wasn't for net inflow of transfer fee income and we have transfer value wrtie-downs this year too)

I suspect we are trying to severely curtail the wage bill and hoping to get a more lenient punishment (i.e. not start next year with a points reduction but maybe just a transfer embargo)

Is this you guessing or ITK ?

I’d be very surprised if MM has been playing Russian roulette with our club by bringing in players that meant we breached the rules. 

18 hours ago, Gritty said:

I suspect we are looking like breaching FFP quite a bit this year (on wages alone we would have breached last year if it wasn't for net inflow of transfer fee income and we have transfer value wrtie-downs this year too)

I suspect we are trying to severely curtail the wage bill and hoping to get a more lenient punishment (i.e. not start next year with a points reduction but maybe just a transfer embargo)

I don't - I don't think we're anywhere near as close to breaching FFP as that - There would have been more warning signs by now

We have a bunch of players who are out of contract in the summer being linked with moves - If there was really any danger of an FFP breach a) rumours would have got out to the press or at the very least b) rumour would have reaches agents - We'd be seeing insulting rumoured offers for our talented players rather than suggested deals for older players

I suspect they are being careful about balancing the books - We're generally seeing older, more expensive players being moved on and younger, less expensive players being moved in - The deals we did over the summer seem to have been smart/shrewd in the cost and application

20 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’m not going anywhere.....

It could be that someone who is no longer employed by Derby County were never really concerned by things like FFP when handing out contracts and agreeing deals with football clubs.

So my point was, MM wasn't gambling with the club, but perhaps someone he trusted to have the best interests of the club at heart, didn't really.

And yes, I am referring to Betty the tea lady.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It could be that someone who is no longer employed by Derby County were never really concerned by things like FFP when handing out contracts and agreeing deals with football clubs.

So my point was, MM wasn't gambling with the club, but perhaps someone he trusted to have the best interests of the club at heart, didn't really.

And yes, I am referring to Betty the tea lady.

I get that part, however Betty wasn’t at the club when we brought in our latest recruits, so my point still stands that it would be the current set up who would having being playing Russian roulette, which I don’t believe they would.

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I get that part, however Betty wasn’t at the club when we brought in our latest recruits, so my point still stands that it would be the current set up who would having being playing Russian roulette, which I don’t believe they would.

Yes I get your point now, apologies.  Mel sanctioned the deals for this years signings, so why gamble?

Good point that man!

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I don't - I don't think we're anywhere near as close to breaching FFP as that - There would have been more warning signs by now

We have a bunch of players who are out of contract in the summer being linked with moves - If there was really any danger of an FFP breach a) rumours would have got out to the press or at the very least b) rumour would have reaches agents - We'd be seeing insulting rumoured offers for our talented players rather than suggested deals for older players

I suspect they are being careful about balancing the books - We're generally seeing older, more expensive players being moved on and younger, less expensive players being moved in - The deals we did over the summer seem to have been smart/shrewd in the cost and application

I'm not ITK at all. Just follow our accounts and unusual method of writing down players in them. In short, if someone leaves for less than we've valued them in accounts we make a big ffp loss.

We've 8 players out of contract this summer.  We've written down very little of transfer values in accounts in recent years (suggesting a number could be valued close to purchase price and certainly above zero; so when they leave we could record big losses)

But I'm an amateur and not ITK. Very much hope I'm wrong 

25 minutes ago, Gritty said:

I'm not ITK at all. Just follow our accounts and unusual method of writing down players in them. In short, if someone leaves for less than we've valued them in accounts we make a big ffp loss.

We've 8 players out of contract this summer.  We've written down very little of transfer values in accounts in recent years (suggesting a number could be valued close to purchase price and certainly above zero; so when they leave we could record big losses)

But I'm an amateur and not ITK. Very much hope I'm wrong 

I've not posted for a long while but read this and whilst FFP is based on transfer values I did hear that one of the things that helped with FFP in the summer was that Weimann was written down to zero on the accounts and the club were astonished to receive a fee!

3 minutes ago, Teamluca said:

I've not posted for a long while but read this and whilst FFP is based on transfer values I did hear that one of the things that helped with FFP in the summer was that Weimann was written down to zero on the accounts and the club were astonished to receive a fee!

Weren’t we all!! ?

33 minutes ago, Gritty said:

We've written down very little of transfer values in accounts in recent years (suggesting a number could be valued close to purchase price and certainly above zero; so when they leave we could record big losses)

You don't know that, at no point have any of us seen a breakdown of each individual players written down value.

33 minutes ago, Carnero said:

You don't know that, at no point have any of us seen a breakdown of each individual players written down value.

Not individual but the accounts show total write downs. And very little was written down.   Follow Kieran Maguire on twitter. He is a football finance expert and analysed our accounts

1 hour ago, Gritty said:

Not individual but the accounts show total write downs. And very little was written down.   Follow Kieran Maguire on twitter. He is a football finance expert and analysed our accounts

He's also said we're not close on FFP.

Archived