David Nugent

Nuwtfly

Who would we replace him with, we would need real quality if so. Maybe Michy batshuayi, frank get on the phone and get him in. Wishful thinking I know, but this would indicate our intentions. He probably wouldn't drop down a league but you never know.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, lukedcfc said:

Who would we replace him with, we would need real quality if so. Maybe Michy batshuayi, frank get on the phone and get him in. Wishful thinking I know, but this would indicate our intentions. He probably wouldn't drop down a league but you never know.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Christ. He's playing for Borussia Dortmund, why on earth would a Belgian international want to come to Derby? 

6 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Just had his loan terminated at Valencia, his stock isn't high right now. 3 goals in 20 odd games. 

His stock might not be high, but he's still easily going to be able to get a loan at a mid table Premier League club or a club in any other top league.

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

His stock might not be high, but he's still easily going to be able to get a loan at a mid table Premier League club or a club in any other top league.

True, the same could be said about Mitrovic and he went to Fulham. If our intentions are top 2 then a signing like batshuayi would be needed. I did say wishful thinking btw.

We won’t let him go, he effects our games in a different way to how he used too, he’s lost his touch in the way he scores goals but he’s comes on and chasers putting defenders under pressure, if we can replace him with someone who comes on and will score a few then yes otherwise keep him us!

Pretty sure Waghorn can play up top? not that desperate to replace.

If we can even get 250k - 500k for him its more than we will get in the summer? 

He comes on, runs about, and is largely ineffective. Yes he gets the odd assist, but in front of goal hes terrible. Hes cost us in both games against Boro with one on ones. Bottled the chance v Chelsea and missed a sitter v Bristol. 

9 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Pretty sure Waghorn can play up top? not that desperate to replace.

If we can even get 250k - 500k for him its more than we will get in the summer? 

He comes on, runs about, and is largely ineffective. Yes he gets the odd assist, but in front of goal hes terrible. Hes cost us in both games against Boro with one on ones. Bottled the chance v Chelsea and missed a sitter v Bristol. 

We're not going to get a fee for a senior player with just a few months left on their contract. 

The best we can hope for, it's to use their wages on a better replacement. As previously said, Sam Winnal would be a good shout or preferably a punt on a good youngster. 

10 minutes ago, ram59 said:

We're not going to get a fee for a senior player with just a few months left on their contract. 

The best we can hope for, it's to use their wages on a better replacement. As previously said, Sam Winnal would be a good shout or preferably a punt on a good youngster. 

Winnall was class however hes been injured all season, might aswell keep Nugent.

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Not sure I agree with most people here. He’s been good off the bench recently, I’m not sure what more people expect from a back up forward.

I’m all for shifting players who aren’t getting a look in, but players that are getting minutes and performing, I’m not sure I agree with that. He also seems like a great character in the dressing room

He’s missed two sitters in two games, one a winner.  I know that much.

For saying he's in the same bracket as a "Proven Goalscorer" he's missed a fair few gilt edge chances. He's a squad player at best but I wouldn't mind if he moves on now. If we had the Nugent of 5-7 years ago then great, but he isn't the same player. 

Someone compared him to Billy Sharp, I would rather Billy Sharp all day and night. Nuge is a likeable guy and gives absolutely everything and I thank him and commend him for that but wouldn't mind him going. 

I still would like a different type of striker to what we currently have either a big ugly centre forward or a strong pacey player to come in. There has to be one out there. 

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Winnall was class however hes been injured all season, might aswell keep Nugent.

I don’t think we could say he was class - he was ok and yes I would take him again if fit as he would fit in with the energy levels of a lampard team and is more likely to nab a goal than nugent 

People going on about missing guilt edge chances but they forget how he can change the game when he comes on from the bench. 

Againsst Norwich we were out of it and then he plays a massive role in the equaliser at 3-3. 

Against Southampton we were out of it and then his shrewd movement opens up space for the likes of Marriott, Holmes and Lawrence. If Marriott hadn't missed that sitter he'd have set up the winner against Southampton. 

He'll be more difficult to replace than a lot of people think. He's still a wily and industrious player who contrinbutes even if his scoring touch has deserted him recently.

If he goes, who’s gonna start the bounce??? We have Waghorn who we spent 5 million on as a centre forward and who hasn’t had much of a chance due to Marriotts form. Surely he should be the back up striker/ winger and get a proper winger in. Holmes looks like he could be the answer on one wing ( very early days though). We have Wilson and Lawrence as make do wingers but both are better centrally. Josepzoon who looks totally out of his depth. An out and out wide man on loan, would be perfect if Nugent leaves 

Archived