Nuwtfly

David Nugent

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Same as with Bryson, if we can find a younger, better replacement then we should absolutely move him on. 

Spot on mate. Sad to see both go. But neither of them are the players they were. 

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If Nugent goes, along with Bryson and Pearce, then I find it hard to believe that it’ll be a quiet window in terms of incomings.

Might be that a few come in towards the end of the window once we have shifted quite a few out. I would rather bring a couple of quality loans in who will improve what we already have.

We will find out if there is any mileage in this this month but on paper it looks very sensible by Portsmouth if they can afford to offer him a 18 month contract ( would we ask for a fee?)

at this rate we will try to recall Martin - could be intresting 

Edited by Sparkle

13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Might be that a few come in towards the end of the window once we have shifted quite a few out. I would rather bring a couple of quality loans in who will improve what we already have.

Amen. Jan signings notoriously difficult to get value for......cough........Nick Blackman.........cough.......😄

Would be a brave call to let Nugent go without replacement imo. If we’re selling him to raise funds to bring in a new attacker then I’m all for it, given he’s aging and on high wages, and looks past his best now. But we do need to replace him, we’ll be getting very thin all of a sudden if he does as well, be a great charectar missed as well.

3 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Playing devil's advocate here but the Mirror doesn't actually say Pompey are interested, just that we need to free up funds to buy players in. 

So when they say "Could return to Portsmouth this month." you see it as pulling a random club out of a hat to make the point that it is possible that he could leave? 😛 

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We will find out if there is any mileage in this this month but on paper it looks very sensible by Portsmouth if they can afford to offer him a 18 month contract ( would we ask for a fee?)

at this rate we will try to recall Martin - could be intresting 

My heart just skipped a beat 

Not sure I agree with most people here. He’s been good off the bench recently, I’m not sure what more people expect from a back up forward.

I’m all for shifting players who aren’t getting a look in, but players that are getting minutes and performing, I’m not sure I agree with that. He also seems like a great character in the dressing room

18 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Quality loans make sense on a couple of fronts. It strengthens a squad depleting in numbers if the rumours about Bryson and Nugent are concerned but will also get us through to the summer window, by which time a number of players' contracts are up, freeing up fairly substantial wages for re-investment either in the loans (If they prove successful) or securing new targets.