What Players are Derby fans happy with?

ossieram

I've seen plenty of posts about different players on here and was wondering if there was one Derby player that all fans are happy with?

Nearly every post about players ends up with somebody having a pop at the player or turning it around and slating another player to make the other look better.

Keogh, Thorne, Butterfield, Bogle, Carson, Wisdom, Bryson and plenty of others have recieved heavy criticsm off different posters lately and I just wondered who is the one player that is universally loved by all.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Pretty sure Marriott is universally loved by all at the minute, other than a certain poster who disagreed at one point, generally speaking haven't seen him get much criticism.

Apart from the last kick miss against Southampton, grrrr....... ?

Happy with most really. The one small criticism being that as a team, we lack consistency. We know how this group can play when they're on it and even when we give away goals, we often seem able to find a gear or two which shows a deal of character, frustrating though it may be. Homeless and Harry are on fire right now but the Stud is I suppose the main man. Mount on his best form is a joy to watch and Andre Wisdom seems to have found his stride recently. Dare I say it, Tom Lawrence too if recent performances have not been another false dawn. We're a pretty strong side, even without Fozz, Curtis and co. Let's just hope we illustrate the point against Leeds who I firmly believe, we can beat. It'd be a nice marker to put down, especially in January.

16 hours ago, 86 points said:

Happy with most really. The one small criticism being that as a team, we lack consistency. We know how this group can play when they're on it and even when we give away goals, we often seem able to find a gear or two which shows a deal of character, frustrating though it may be. Homeless and Harry are on fire right now but the Stud is I suppose the main man. Mount on his best form is a joy to watch and Andre Wisdom seems to have found his stride recently. Dare I say it, Tom Lawrence too if recent performances have not been another false dawn. We're a pretty strong side, even without Fozz, Curtis and co. Let's just hope we illustrate the point against Leeds who I firmly believe, we can beat. It'd be a nice marker to put down, especially in January.

Great post. I agree that unlike other seasons where you could see we had been out thought AND out played at times.

I get the sense with this team that we have the depth of ability to really play, but sometimes we don’t capitalise on it. With all the sparks in the team our goals scored total isn’t what it ought to be on a consistent basis. In all honesty this worries me more than the defence. 

16 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Jack Marriott is probably the only one who hasn’t shown anything you can criticise for really. Mount as well, though occasionally he’s been a bit missing.

Hot take: I think Mount's been pretty underwhelming for the most part. Clearly a very talented player and at 20 (as of today) has a huge future ahead of him; I just don't think he's impacted games as greatly as I was expecting him to. I'd have thought he'd be on 5 goals with 5 assists or so by this point, being the attacking, creative midfielder. 

Out of Mount and Wilson, I honestly expected Mount to be the team's standout, let alone between the 2 of them but instead Wilson is the one who seems to look a class above. At Vitesse, Mount seemed to be absolutely dominant, running the show for them practically (Ajax's manager called him the best midfielder in the league...), yet he hasn't been anywhere near as prolific for us. I'm not saying he's been bad by any stretch but I'd like to see more from him in the remainder of the season really.

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

How can you not be impressed by Mount? He drifts out games but he's only a baby. Wish he was ours because there's a Will Hughes shaped hole in my heart. ?

Fear not Duane Messi will fill it 

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

Elsnik... 

No one really seen him play, seems to be amazing just because he doesn't play for the first team.

I've seen him play a lot ? 

But fans in general will default to positive vibes when there's an unknown quantity, especially when there's some melon like me telling everyone how great he is. The moment he plays, if that comes, and he gives the ball away leading to a goal - he'll be in the proper Derby player books as a potential scapegoat.

In response to the OP, Jack Marriott's definitely the one who jumps out at me.

If you listen to the crap that comes out from our fans at most games you'd think they're all Blackpool donkeys. 

The problem I think is, they listen to the poo pundits on sky and BT and think it's their duty at every game to let everyone around them know their thoughts on every kick of the game. Unfortunately they've invariably got even less of a clue of how football works, so it just ends up as constant slagging off of everyone and everything. 

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

I've seen him play a lot ? 

But fans in general will default to positive vibes when there's an unknown quantity, especially when there's some melon like me telling everyone how great he is. The moment he plays, if that comes, and he gives the ball away leading to a goal - he'll be in the proper Derby player books as a potential scapegoat.

In response to the OP, Jack Marriott's definitely the one who jumps out at me.

I really liked the look of him in the cup game, was it Carlisle .. with the epic shootout ? ..anyway he looked good on the ball and moved well. Do you think he can step up ? 

With Duane, Evans and him we seem to have the basis of a young energetic midfield with some half decent ball skills

43 minutes ago, jono said:

I really liked the look of him in the cup game, was it Carlisle .. with the epic shootout ? ..anyway he looked good on the ball and moved well. Do you think he can step up ? 

With Duane, Evans and him we seem to have the basis of a young energetic midfield with some half decent ball skills

Bird’s passed him in the pecking order. If Sibley continues to improve at his current rate then that’ll be another in front of him for next season. At least one of those 3 will be out on loan next season. 

Archived