Craig Bryson - signed a pre-contract with Aberdeen

LB_DCFC

27 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Having hardly any central midfielders contracted for next season we would be foolish not to offer Bryson a new contract but obviously it would need to reflect his age and wouldn’t be near what he is getting currently - would we use him next season - definitely I believe  

It would be foolish to offer him a contract.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like craig. He has been a terrific servant. Its a real pity that we couldn't get promoted with him.

unfortunately age has caught up with him and some people have been very quick to rubbish him. I hope that he is treated with maximum respect and that we could find him a coaching role if he wanted it. 

he could still play for a year or two at a lower level. 

depends what he wants to do. 

It would be a good move for him at this stage of his career. For me, his age isn't the issue - the dilemma with Bryson is that his effectiveness has declined because of how we play. Yes he is still able to get around the pitch but the absence of a target man upfront who is able to hold up play means that his goal-scoring threat isn't there any more.

Still one of my favourite players in the last 10 years.

5 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Kilmarnock have made a pre-contract offer to Bryson according to the Express:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1098365/Kilmarnock-transfer-news-Derby-Craig-Bryson-contract

Thank God for that.  He's been living off the 13/14 season ever since.  Take away his goals and you're left with a very average midfielder.

Another player give the 'Russell Treatment', whereby if you run around a lot fans will forgive the fact you're only productive for one game out of five...

I seem to think when he couldn’t make that testimonial match there he put something on twitter about heading back up there one day, so seems a bit of a logical conclusion.

Great servant, just about touches legend status for the goals against forest, owes us nothing and deserves a very good send off. He’s not quite the player he was but he was good enough that he could have got a couple years in the Prem if he really wanted but he showed a loyalty to this club rarely seen nowerdays.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Not is it’s affordable and we need that type of player

That's a large presumption. He's one of our biggest earners currently.

We certainly don't need someone who runs around aimlessly, not affecting the game in any positive manner.

Love Craig for the memories. A hat trick against forest and a great 13/14 season. 

Problem is as much as he runs around a lot he’s very ineffective and has lost 5 yards he’s so slow.

utmost respect for him but we need younger stronger quicker players in our midfield.

good luck to him wherever he ends up

38 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Thank God for that.  He's been living off the 13/14 season ever since.  Take away his goals and you're left with a very average midfielder.

Another player give the 'Russell Treatment', whereby if you run around a lot fans will forgive the fact you're only productive for one game out of five...

These comments annoy me - you can't take away his goals - you have to include everything....but what everyone should look at is what he offers now....

I'm not sticking up for Craig Bryson - he offers absolutely nothing now and we should be saying thank you for your time but we're moving on.

As for the poster who suggested offering him a new contract because we don't have many midfielders - No No No. FL should have players he thinks are good enough. If he does think Bryson is good enough (Which I'm sure he doesn't as a new contract would have been on the table by now and I am assuming it isn't) then fair enough but we should be aiming for top six - IMO Bryson is nowhere near this now.

45 minutes ago, Srg said:

That's a large presumption. He's one of our biggest earners currently.

We certainly don't need someone who runs around aimlessly, not affecting the game in any positive manner.

Running around aimlessly is the view of some but not all 

A £350,000 player has produced plenty goals, assists and one of the most memorable moments I've witnessed as a fan, a hat trick against the Red Dogs.

That's a lot more than the circa £15,000,000 spent on midfielders who have walked through them Moor Farm doors since.

Give that man a new deal!

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

A £350,000 player has produced plenty goals, assists and one of the most memorable moments I've witnessed as a fan, a hat trick against the Red Dogs.

That's a lot more than the circa £15,000,000 spent on midfielders who have walked through them Moor Farm doors since.

Give that man a new deal!

Yeah let’s give him a new deal cause he got a hattrick 5 years ago and Johnson (who is also leaving) hasn’t. Seems pretty legit reasoning for keeping a player in 2019

Archived