Craig Bryson - signed a pre-contract with Aberdeen

LB_DCFC

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Lampard is happy for Bryson to leave in this window, and he fancies seeing out his career back up in bonnie Scotland where an offer on the table that whets the appetite, can only wish him all the best. The very best.

Sounds like he is in the same position as Pearce.

no new contract coming therefore the door is ajar. We may have even tipped Rangers off.

11 hours ago, valleyram said:

Play him further forward and u would get a lot more out of him but he’s being disadvantaged to fit in mason mount which is unfair on bryso 

Whilst I agree that Bryson is much better in a more advanced position, l can’t agree it is unfair to him that Mount is preferred in that role.  That’s football, or the way of the ‘jungle’.

lt is clear Lampard appreciates many of Bryson’s qualities, as he does with Nugent, but it seems to me neither are likely to get a renewed contract.  Is that your understanding, and is there any truth in the Rangers link, indeed any move this window?

We all love Bryson but the current formation and standard seem to much for him. His energy is great as we all know and appreciate, he is lacking that killer pass and or goals which we desperately want/need if we as a club are going to keep progressing.  If he goes we need a replacement straight away and hopefully a permanent player who can add something. I still think we could go for Scott Mctominey on a perm. I would be sad to see him go and would wish him all the best for the future as he has given Derby everything.

Best for all parties that he goes. He's been a wonderful player for the club, but I fear him playing like he now is only tarnishing the memories.

He can still run you a marathon in a game, but he's a yard short to every tackle, his first touch is getting worse and he's mostly anonymous and doesn't affect games anymore. Even without a proper replacement brought in, I'd rather see what the likes of Bird has for the remainder of the season - at the very least he'd be no better.

Best of luck to him.

13 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I would question whether one great season (13/14) and several inconsistent ones since, qualifies him as a "Derby legend"

The hat trick against Forest and time served gives him honoury cult hero status for me, the legend status should be a protected species like the Panda. 

Archived