Craig Bryson - signed a pre-contract with Aberdeen

LB_DCFC

Thought he might go up to Scotland at his age, not good enough for this division anymore and can be closer to his family. Good move to with Aberdeen in in Europe, good news for all parties I’d say. Straight swap with shinnie! Modern day Derby legend, a player that won’t be forgotten I’m a long time with that hat trick against forest. Thanks for everything Craig and good luck!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Other than Johnson, Huddlestone, Shinnie and Holmes?

Johnson won’t be with us when we start and to me holmes isn’t a central midfielder but shinnie we don’t know properly yet and Huddlestone needs more than he gives - so we will see 

Said it before I’ll say it again, he is a top guy every awards night he along with Keogh would be the ones that stayed all night chatting about Derby, he won a special award for what he does for the Derby community visiting hospitals and things after training,, class guy off the pitch and on it! Easily one of my favourite Derby players! Good luck to him! 

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Other than Johnson, Huddlestone, Shinnie and Holmes?

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Johnson won’t be with us when we start and to me holmes isn’t a central midfielder but shinnie we don’t know properly yet and Huddlestone needs more than he gives - so we will see 

And George Evans

2 minutes ago, valleyram said:

i hope shinnie is half as good for the club as bryso has been but main thing is i am getting my daughter and grand son back up the road and will always keep an eye out for Derby result , great club and best of luck for the season ahead 

One of the great mysteries of life sorted*, @valleyram was Craig Bryson's father-in-law.  Thanks for all the posts fella and don't be a stranger. ?

*Unless you're his mother-in-law.  In which case take it easy on him ?

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Surprised you don't see Holmes as a central midfielder because he certainly isn't a wide player. His best games have been when he's  linking play from the middle of the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

One of the great mysteries of life sorted*, @valleyram was Craig Bryson's father-in-law.  Thanks for all the posts fella and don't be a stranger. ?

*Unless you're his mother-in-law.  In which case take it easy on him ?

ha ha i would love Derby to get back up to the premier league , fantastic set up and great club 

I’m really sad to see him go but I think he will go with the greatest admiration and respect from almost every Derby fan who have had the pleasure of watching him over the years. Thank you Craig for all the fabulous memories you have given us, especially the Forest games and that unforgettable season with your 16 goals. I wish you all the best for the future at your new club . Have a Jaeger and a haggis on us, cheers ! ?

It was always going to be sad to see him go, but it was definitely time in my opinion.

It's like the end of an era, he's been with us for so long and will stand as one of the greatest bargains we've had in recent times. You could tell how much he loved the club and his loyalty in a way was detrimental to his career. After our 2013/14 season, he'd have got a PL move if he pushed for it. He possibly could've got a move to Cardiff last summer too.

The longer he stayed, the more criticism he got, and although his performances in all honesty, probably were not good enough for us in the last couple of years, it shouldn't overshadow what he has done at the club and the great memories he's provided.

I really wish him all the best and it would be brilliant to see him back at Derby in another role somewhere in the future.

Not only a great player for Derby County, but a througherly good person, with many behind-the-scenes work off the field.

Hope he continues to play well for Aberdeen.

Thanks for the memories, especially one of the best matches in many years against duckst.

Archived