Craig Bryson - signed a pre-contract with Aberdeen

LB_DCFC

10 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not for me.

I find it weird that if it were Keogh that was out of contract - who to my eyes has done more for this club than Bryson - would there be the same discussion?

I don't think so. 

Looks like we've had another full 46+ game season out of Keogh and almost another POTY. Back on the International scene for ROI. He's the first name on the team sheet every week. Hard to find a place for Bryso in this team other than being cover for injuries/good to have in the background after this season is over IMO. Especially as we keep banging on about cutting the deadwood and not paying ridiculous wages, perfect opportunity to try and solve some of our issues. The same people saying sign him up will be moaning Frank's got no room to manoeuvre in the transfer window! 

Whatever Frank wants to do though init. 

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m a bit torn on this.

Head says we should let him go. A minority of fans (not on here) who can’t accept that he deserves a lot of respect for what he’s done at the club risk souring fans relationships with him and I don’t want to see it go that way.

But my heart just can’t seem to let go. Vastly reduced wages for a year wouldn’t hurt surely. He is a genuine legend and a great bloke who loves the club, surely there’s space for that somewhere?

4 hours ago, nottingram said:

I’m a bit torn on this.

Head says we should let him go. A minority of fans (not on here) who can’t accept that he deserves a lot of respect for what he’s done at the club risk souring fans relationships with him and I don’t want to see it go that way.

But my heart just can’t seem to let go. Vastly reduced wages for a year wouldn’t hurt surely. He is a genuine legend and a great bloke who loves the club, surely there’s space for that somewhere?

Perhaps it deal to offer some sort of way into coaching, or some other post-playing career role at the club?

Bryson will have to take a serious wage cut and short contract, no more than 2years, possibly only 1.

i think he would get a better offer elsewhere.

i have always liked him, so would like to see him stay, he just needs to change his accent and say M’Duck 

Bonkers if true. He'd be killing his legacy here and he'd turn more people against him. I've seen even the biggest fans of him turn against him this season. We've given him his send off, let's not ruin any affection we have towards him by doing this. He's been poor all season in my opinion, with a handful of decent games. 

4 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Bryson will have to take a serious wage cut and short contract, no more than 2years, possibly only 1.

i think he would get a better offer elsewhere.

i have always liked him, so would like to see him stay, he just needs to change his accent and say M’Duck 

you are assuming he wants to be somewhere else(which i doubt very much)

58 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Bonkers if true. He'd be killing his legacy here and he'd turn more people against him. I've seen even the biggest fans of him turn against him this season. We've given him his send off, let's not ruin any affection we have towards him by doing this. He's been poor all season in my opinion, with a handful of decent games. 

what about him doing a Dave Mackay in the academy but being available when needed in the first team squad  ps how can he be bad all season yes manage to play in your wards a handful of decent games?                        

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

Where did u see that? I don’t seem to be able to find it anywhere

Posted on Derbyshire Live at 1312hrs  yesterday, Go in to NewsNow-Derby County news under heading of "Dates for summer transfer window confirmed"

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

According to Derbyshire live, Bryson and Roos are having talks this week on contracts

I'd let them both go. 

Love Bryson, he is a bit of a club legend, but I'd be disappointed if he was here and especially a starter next season. It goes against the young hungry squad I hope we're building and puts another obstacle in the way of Bird, Sibley, Knight and to some extent Holmes. Let him go back to Kilmarnock and he can play on another 2 or 3 years.

Roos doesn't convince me, if he'll stay as back up fine, but I'd like to think there will be changes made to reduce the goals against this season, and one will be a new keeper. Sneaky suspicion we'll end up with Joe Hart. 

Bryson loves the club and will always be a legend (Hat trick v Forest)

I have heard from friends of his that he has just had a child and his Mrs wants to move back to Scotland, he has been offered a 1 year deal 

Obvs I'm not in the know but sounds reasonable 

Personally think he will be at Kilmarnock next season and if he is good luck to him 

9 hours ago, Rample said:

I'd let them both go. 

Love Bryson, he is a bit of a club legend, but I'd be disappointed if he was here and especially a starter next season. It goes against the young hungry squad I hope we're building and puts another obstacle in the way of Bird, Sibley, Knight and to some extent Holmes. Let him go back to Kilmarnock and he can play on another 2 or 3 years.

Roos doesn't convince me, if he'll stay as back up fine, but I'd like to think there will be changes made to reduce the goals against this season, and one will be a new keeper. Sneaky suspicion we'll end up with Joe Hart. 

You can't have a team of 20 year olds - you need some experience in there. As of right now, Holmes is the only 'senior' advanced CM who'll still be contracted to the club in 4 weeks time. I can't see past us having at least 3 senior advanced CMs going in to next season, with Knight and Sibley getting a handful of games each (obviously more if they impress), mostly covering for injuries

Archived